ADVERTISEMENT

J. Monds

Try reading what I wrote again and then, if you are not a coward, apologize. Laughing Laughing Laughing

“He was only #1 on our recruiting board for CBs”.

Once again you don’t have a clue what the actual recruiting board looks like. At this point I’m going to just assume you are are troll, as there is no way you are actually this dense.

Reactions: WHCSC
Kid looks 5'5'' 150 pounds with no skill. I know he is taller than 5'5'', but that is a small frame that would get eaten alive against the run games of the Big Ten West. He's no Coach Fisher body type that he recruits.

Haha I love how he throws the incomplete sign after mauling the WR for 10+ yards.

“He was only #1 on our recruiting board for CBs”.

Once again you don’t have a clue what the actual recruiting board looks like. At this point I’m going to just assume you are are troll, as there is no way you are actually this dense.
Do you know what "CB" stands for in football? Let me help. It stands for "cornerback". It is a position on the defensive side of the ball. Does that help, honey? Would it be better if I drew a picture?

IU’s scheme of late has had good success with smallish cover corners like this in recent years. They definitely are NOT potential safeties as some schemes want. The 4-2-5 IU runs with blitzes from all spots requires these CBs to play more on an island without a lot of safety help. While not big, 2 year returning starter, Reese Taylor does quite well vs the run.

To what degree Nebraska coaches wanted Monds or not, IU coaches saw him as a good fit, went after him hard and are glad to have him. They also have a commit from the younger brother of returning AA and All Big 10 CB, Taiwan Mullen, who came in at 5’10”/165 and is now generously listed at 6’0”/180.

Good luck the rest of recruiting season and in the upcoming season.

Reactions: HuskerO
Do you know what "CB" stands for in football? Let me help. It stands for "cornerback". It is a position on the defensive side of the ball. Does that help, honey? Would it be better if I drew a picture?

You have been outed as the troll you are, I’m done with you. Better luck with the next account, can’t wait.

• Haha
Reactions: artguy68
IU’s scheme of late has had good success with smallish cover corners like this in recent years. They definitely are NOT potential safeties as some schemes want. The 4-2-5 IU runs with blitzes from all spots requires these CBs to play more on an island without a lot of safety help. While not big, 2 year returning starter, Reese Taylor does quite well vs the

To what degree Nebraska coaches wanted Monds or not, IU coaches saw him as a good fit, went after him hard and are glad to have him. They also have a commit from the younger brother of returning AA and All Big 10 CB, Taiwan Mullen, who came in at 5’10”/165 and is now generously listed at 6’0”/180.

Good luck the rest of recruiting season and in the upcoming season.

Congrats on Monds, hope he has a good career at IU.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
You have been outed as the troll you are, I’m done with you. Better luck with the next account, can’t wait.
Poor baby. Not man enough to admit when you are wrong. Has to distract by inventing personal attacks. Sad. Hope you don't go kick your dog again out of frustration.

Poor baby. Not man enough to admit when you are wrong. Has to distract by inventing personal attacks. Sad. Hope you don't go kick your dog again out of frustration.
Geezus man the more you post garbage like this. The more irrelevant you're post become.

Reactions: headcard
Strange that people write about how no one knows where Monds sat on the Nebraska big board and calling a guy out who thinks Monds was number 1 on the CB list, are apparently exempt from the “no one knows” list. They apparently not only know the order, they know how many times the coaches are in contact with each recruit AND they know who stopped the communications. And also strange that these people always believe it Nebraska that ends the communication.

So what they are saying is that no one knows except them. Lol.

this anti row the boat guy writes like the artist known as mcruffin or whatever his name was/ is.

Strange that people write about how no one knows where Monds sat on the Nebraska big board and calling a guy out who thinks Monds was number 1 on the CB list, are apparently exempt from the “no one knows” list. They apparently not only know the order, they know how many times the coaches are in contact with each recruit AND they know who stopped the communications. And also strange that these people always believe it Nebraska that ends the communication.

this anti row the boat guy writes like the artist known as mcruffin or whatever his name was/ is.

Seriously deciding to go to bat for this troll? Fine, I’ll bite:

I do not claim to know what Nebraska’s board looks like, I am just 100% sure this clown doesn’t have a clue (about this or anything Nebraska football related).

To me Monds recruitment reminds me more of Jaylin Noel and Marcus Mbow where the kids clearly wanted to come here, but couldn’t commit yet. It happens.

Obviously this isn’t usually the case. We have lost a lot of battles we have put a ton of resources into, like last years QB’s. Losing Costenelli and Davis hurt and we were clearly scrambling. Same thing with a host of OLB the last several years. But this one doesn’t seem like that, at all.

But your right, maybe this guy knows. The guy clearly just started following recruiting and every post is a troll, but maybe he is all knowing. Going with that makes more sense than observing what’s happening.

I don't think this kid was going to be a difference maker. Personally IF he's in a hurry to commit, I would rather wait to see if we can land a difference maker CB later in the process. The only reason people are getting their panties in a wad over Monds is his last name. Yeah I like to see us land sons and nephews of former Husker greats but I'm not sure it's always a good thing.

I do not claim to know what Nebraska’s board looks like, I am just 100% sure this clown doesn’t have a clue (about this or anything Nebraska football related).

To me Monds recruitment reminds me more of Jaylin Noel and Marcus Mbow where the kids clearly wanted to come here, but couldn’t commit yet. It happens.

Obviously this isn’t usually the case. We have lost a lot of battles we have put a ton of resources into, like last years QB’s. Losing Costenelli and Davis hurt and we were clearly scrambling. Same thing with a host of OLB the last several years. But this one doesn’t seem like that, at all.

But your right, maybe the random guy that just showed up with a naked dude for his picture has all the answers. He clearly just started following recruiting and every post is a troll, but maybe he is all knowing.
artguy has been on here for years and he's clearly a fan but when your sig pic is of your own naked ass, you lose some credibility. He like many of us is just tired of losing.

artguy has been on here for years and he's clearly a fan but when your sig pic is of your own naked ass, you lose some credibility. He like many of us is just tired of losing.

All I see are posts like above. Seems more like the guy that pretended to be a nurse in Minneapolis than a real Nebraska fan to me, but to each their own.

Reactions: phoenix4nu

But your right, maybe this guy knows. The guy clearly just started following recruiting and every post is a troll, but maybe he is all knowing. Going with that makes more sense than observing what’s happening.
Struck a nerve I guess. I am not saying he knows or doesn’t know. I am just saying it’s funny that people write no one knows the recruiting board yet will tell someone that Nebraska has cooled as if they know.

I wrote on here last summer that Dimitrius Davis was not coming to Nebraska right before he committed to Va Tech and was told by a poster that Nebraska had cooled on him and that the coaches had stopped recruiting him. Which I knew wasn’t at all true. The poster that wrote that writes very similar to the anti row the boat guy.

Reactions: headcard
The photo isn't me, actually. I have also tried to change it, but somehow the system here won't let me. I used it when I was on the paid board where a lot of guys at the time were using avatars of naked women. Just having a bit of fun. Of course, not many people here have much of a sense of humor.

As for my "claims", all I was doing was quoting the HOL big board on recruiting. Never claimed to have inside knowledge. Headcard like to make things up. Fortunately, I couldn't care less what he thinks of me.

And yes, I am sour. Not sure how, after so many years of things getting progressively worse, how we have now come to the season where we hope maybe to get to a bowl for the first time in four years, people can be anything but sour.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Struck a nerve I guess. I am not saying he knows or doesn’t know. I am just saying it’s funny that people write no one knows the recruiting board yet will tell someone that Nebraska has cooled as if they know.

I wrote on here last summer that Dimitrius Davis was not coming to Nebraska right before he committed to Va Tech and was told by a poster that Nebraska had cooled on him and that the coaches had stopped recruiting him. Which I knew wasn’t at all true. The poster that wrote that writes very similar to the anti row the boat guy.

Davis was a guy I used as an example of one that hurt, we we really needed a great QB last year and he was one of the guys they targeted early.

But we have also had guys that are publicly saying Nebraska is their leader and then saying Nebraska isn't in communication with them, that then sign somewhere else, they are a different story entirely.

While the “we didn’t want him any way guy” is annoying. The guy that freaks out over “losing” every single marginal recruit like this (like we could sign 300 kids) is just as ridiculous. They need to at least pay a little attention. Or in this case, step up their troll game.

He and multiple other guys have definitely gone to the dark side. Lots of doom and gloom that can only be fixed by winning.
I have fixed mine with newfound indifference, at least until #2 is done here. If we win a single meaningful game this year, I will be elated, but I’m not holding my breath. 2021 is a write off for me, and if AM is back for ‘22, same goes.

Nebraska is now a basketball school, and I couldn’t be more excited. GBR!

The photo isn't me, actually. I have also tried to change it, but somehow the system here won't let me. I used it when I was on the paid board where a lot of guys at the time were using avatars of naked women. Just having a bit of fun. Of course, not many people here have much of a sense of humor.

As for my "claims", all I was doing was quoting the HOL big board on recruiting. Never claimed to have inside knowledge. Headcard like to make things up. Fortunately, I couldn't care less what he thinks of me.

And yes, I am sour. Not sure how, after so many years of things getting progressively worse, how we have now come to the season where we hope maybe to get to a bowl for the first time in four years, people can be anything but sour.
I thought you said once that it was you in the pic. In any case, it's kind of disturbing. I find it a little hard to believe that you can't change the pic as I've changed mine multiple times in the past. I don't know how easy it is now with the new format.

When things are not going well as they haven't for the past several years, it is EXTREMELY easy to take the negative view of things. I try to look at the things I like about what is going on with Husker football and not dwell on the obvious failings. I'll let the AD and powers that be worry about that. It's easy for me to bitch but it doesn't do anything to make me feel better.

I'm happy that we have a real "Nebraska guy". At our helm. I think he cares immensely about the state and the University. I believe longer term he'll be able to right the ship but if he doesn't win at least 6 and preferably 7 or more this year, the job probably gets tougher because of the effect on recruiting. I agree with many who think this is a pivotal year for Frost. Win this year and things could get better quickly.

I like the roster. I like the improvement and the playmakers we've seen on defense. I like Adrian's physical talent. Now let's put it all together and win some games. Everybody will be in a much better mood and more civil.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I have fixed mine with newfound indifference, at least until #2 is done here. If we win a single meaningful game this year, I will be elated, but I’m not holding my breath. 2021 is a write off for me, and if AM is back for ‘22, same goes.

You know in a way I'm kind of back in the 70s with my attitude when the Huskers would win all of their games early and then get beat by CU, OU or lose an improbablr one to Mizzou. That loss where Wilder ran for 200+ crushed me. I kind of lost my enthusiasm but I also had alot of other things going on in my life at that time which occupied most of my time and emotions. Then damnit Tom had to relight the fuse by finally getting us in to multiple national championship games.

Frank pretty well doused the flame out in the Rose Bowl followed with a 7-7 year. Callahan had me excited for a few minutes. Reluctantly supported Bo since Tom hired him for a couple of years until his insanity completely turned me off. Now, I'm still cautiously optimistic that Frost has laid a foundation for longer term success without the drama of the Pelini years. This needs to be the year we see some benefits and much of it rides on Adrian's shoulders. Hope he plays like a senior this year.

You know in a way I'm kind of back in the 70s with my attitude when the Huskers would win all of their games early and then get beat by CU, OU or lose an improbablr one to Mizzou. That loss where Wilder ran for 200+ crushed me. I kind of lost my enthusiasm but I also had alot of other things going on in my life at that time which occupied most of my time and emotions. Then damnit Tom had to relight the fuse by finally getting us in to multiple national championship games.

Frank pretty well doused the flame out in the Rose Bowl followed with a 7-7 year. Callahan had me excited for a few minutes. Reluctantly supported Bo since Tom hired him for a couple of years until his insanity completely turned me off. Now, I'm still cautiously optimistic that Frost has laid a foundation for longer term success without the drama of the Pelini years. This needs to be the year we see some benefits and much of it rides on Adrian's shoulders. Hope he plays like a senior this year.
I am still hopeful about Frost, just not without raising anchor.

If Haarberg takes over mid-season, I will be excited to see what the future holds.

I thought you said once that it was you in the pic. In any case, it's kind of disturbing. I find it a little hard to believe that you can't change the pic as I've changed mine multiple times in the past. I don't know how easy it is now with the new format.

When things are not going well as they haven't for the past several years, it is EXTREMELY easy to take the negative view of things. I try to look at the things I like about what is going on with Husker football and not dwell on the obvious failings. I'll let the AD and powers that be worry about that. It's easy for me to bitch but it doesn't do anything to make me feel better.

I'm happy that we have a real "Nebraska guy". At our helm. I think he cares immensely about the state and the University. I believe longer term he'll be able to right the ship but if he doesn't win at least 6 and preferably 7 or more this year, the job probably gets tougher because of the effect on recruiting. I agree with many who think this is a pivotal year for Frost. Win this year and things could get better quickly.

I like the roster. I like the improvement and the playmakers we've seen on defense. I like Adrian's physical talent. Now let's put it all together and win some games. Everybody will be in a much better mood and more civil.
with the current influx of 4 star recruits all over the field Frost really does not have any excuses if he can't win a bunch of games over the next 2-3 years. I dont have the team rankings in front of me but can't imagine that any other program in the West has recruited better than Frost the last 2 recruiting classes.
the offense will have a 4 star recruit at almost EVERY POSITION this year.
there are only a handful of programs that can say that.

with the current influx of 4 star recruits all over the field Frost really does not have any excuses if he can't win a bunch of games over the next 2-3 years. I dont have the team rankings in front of me but can't imagine that any other program in the West has recruited better than Frost the last 2 recruiting classes.
the offense will have a 4 star recruit at almost EVERY POSITION this year.
there are only a handful of programs that can say that.
As I've posted many times, I like our roster. Of course maybe I'm always a little more optimistic than I should be this time of year but damn we have so much to be thankful for. Most of us survived the great Chinese Plague and we'll be playing football in just a handful of weeks with fans in the stands. We've got a talented senior QB who IF he keeps his head right could win a lot of games this fall. I'm chosing to be thankful and optimistic.

Reactions: scarletred

Slow down a little bit…

Nebraska is a volleyball school and you know it!!! Winking

60dfe64f5de9a.image.jpg

The end of that '78 season was a real downer. Osborne finally gets over the hump with the upset win over #1 OU, but then loses that game to Mizzou the very next week - the only year I can ever remember when the OU game was not the final conference game of the year. Then they get stuck with a rematch against OU in the Orange Bowl - something I think was virtually unheard of in that era, and perhaps since. It was after that '78 season that TO considered taking the CU job, but ultimately backed off. If he had, we could be looking at 40 years of futility not 20 and at 2 natty's not 5.

The end of that '78 season was a real downer. Osborne finally gets over the hump with the upset win over #1 OU, but then loses that game to Mizzou the very next week - the only year I can ever remember when the OU game was not the final conference game of the year. Then they get stuck with a rematch against OU in the Orange Bowl - something I think was virtually unheard of in that era, and perhaps since. It was after that '78 season that TO considered taking the CU job, but ultimately backed off. If he had, we could be looking at 40 years of futility not 20 and at 2 natty's not 5.
Had Osborne left after '78 who would have been the hot coach to go after at that time?

• Wow
Reactions: dinglefritz
Thinking back to ‘78, Howard Schnellenberger from the Dolphins. Took the job at the U in either ‘79 or ‘80.

Jim Young had just turned around Purdue in 2 seasons getting them to their first bowl game since the Rose Bowl in ‘67.

“Youngsters” like Hayden Fry at SMU, Earle Bruce at Iowa State and Bobby Bowden at FSU Were on their way to becoming big names in CFB. Jackie Sherill at Pitt had already won a national championship and may have been interested too.

My guess would have been Warren Powers. He was an assistant on NU's staff through 1976 and then beat NU in Lincoln in both '77 and '78 in his first two years as a head coach - at Washington State and then Mizzou.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
My guess would have been Warren Powers. He was an assistant on NU's staff through 1976 and then beat NU in Lincoln in both '77 and '78 in his first two years as a head coach - at Washington State and then Mizzou.
There was no love lost between Tom and Warren when Warren was at NU. I don't remember the exact nature of their disagreements but I think that Warren thought for some reason he was going to be promoted at NU and got passed over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT