ADVERTISEMENT

Is Nebraska football dead?

the difference between KF and Frost is the coaching and its not even close.
what's going be the excuse if KF's get's a top 25 class in the 2020 class and then gets more to follow,

he has only had 1 top 25 class and that was the 2005 class that was rated #11.

his new coaches are opening doors in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and even moreso in Texas and Florida.

sorry but Iowa is getting better on the recruiting side of the fb game.

You guys are gonna smoke Nebraska

Rutgers, Illinois, Maryland, Purdue, Nebraska and Northwestern are bottom tier programs. Minnesota is doing well now, maybe a year here and there with success, but nothing sustained. Almost 50% of the B1G is crap right now, including Nebraska.

You are trying too hard to defend your crappy take. My response was to your statement of B1G being “notorious for creating abysmal football programs while having 2 or 3 relevant teams.”
Didn’t Northwestern win the B1G West last year? You can’t use just this year’s results of a few teams to poorly attempt to support the narrative of that statement.

Last edited:
Any concrete evidence that he wouldnt have?

That’s why I said “assumption.” I cant prove it one way and you can’t prove the other. All I know is we got the hottest coach from 2 years ago and where are we now?

If Bo was such a ******* great HC then where were the D1 teams lined up to hire him after Nebraska let him go? Why hasn’t anyone snatched him up since?

You are trying too hard to defend your crappy take. My response to to your statement of B1G being “notorious for creating abysmal football programs while having 2 or 3 relevant teams.”
Didn’t Northwestern win the B1G West last year? You can’t use just this year’s results to poorly attempt to support the narrative of that statement.

Abysmal programs brag about a division title once a quarter of a century.

Bo was riding on the wave of Callahan recruits. And the Nebraska power was still relevant then. Watch any game prior to ‘02 and you will see a well coached/hard nosed program. We started losing that with Bo after year 4 and it’s gotten to the point where we have nothing, no identity.

Totally wrong. Callahan was a losing machine and his 4th & last year was probably the worst.

Yet then for 7 years Bo had zero losing seasons despite being sandwiched between Callahan & Smiling Mike. But of course, results don't matter any more.....

Totally wrong. Callahan was a losing machine and his 4th & last year was probably the worst.

Yet then for 7 years Bo had zero losing seasons despite being sandwiched between Callahan & Smiling Mike. But of course, results don't matter any more.....

Callahan did take us to a conference championship in year 3 and was a stud recruiter. Him not wanting to let go of his friend cost him his job. Offensively Callahans teams were better than Frosts, and that’s saying a lot considering how tough it was to go from option to wco.

Abysmal programs brag about a division title once a quarter of a century.

You and I obviously have a different definition of “abysmal” then. I would say abysmal programs don’t win the title at all. Kind of like Nebraska in the Big Ten.

Wake up to what? Enlighten me troll. Tell me where I’m wrong. I’m dying to hear in post #2 on this board.

TCU rolled that Purdue team when it was at full strength this year and you are talking big 12?

Top two conferences against out of conference power 5 schools. Welcome to reality. Troll.

1. SEC
2. Big 12

Feel free to look that up. Nice of you to ignore the 7 crappy teams in the big 10.

Callahan took a QB run primarily offense and went West Coast. In year 2 he won a bowl game (we won’t do that this year). Year 3 won a division title. Year 4 had he not been so blind to Joe Ganz’s ability, and been willing to fire his buddy DC, he could very well still be here. 27-22 in 4 years at Nebraska. 5-7 in his last season (what’s our likely record again this year?). Hardly a losing machine.

Pelini, had he learned to be a ******* adult he’d still be here. 5-3 every year in the division except for 2012 when we were embarrassed beyond belief in Indy against the # 3 team in the other division (that we barely squeaked by at home earlier in the year). You think we were going anywhere with him?

TCU rolled that Purdue team when it was at full strength this year and you are talking big 12?

Top two conferences against out of conference power 5 schools. Welcome to reality. Troll.

1. SEC
2. Big 12

Feel free to look that up. Nice of you to ignore the 7 crappy teams in the big 10.

Why are you here? For the life of me I have not thought about once going to an Iowa St board after one of your frequent losses.

You and I obviously have a different definition of “abysmal” then. I would say abysmal programs don’t win the title at all. Kind of like Nebraska in the Big Ten.

We have the exact same # of CCG appearances that Iowa does in 8 years, and the same # of Rose Bowl appearances as Iowa in the last 25. Iowa is better than Nebraska at the moment, but let’s not pretend anyone is currently, or has ever been historically, worried about Iowa on a national stage.

Why are you here? For the life of me I have not thought about once going to an Iowa St board after one of your frequent losses.

Frequent losses...from a husker? Man you guys need to wake up to where you are now.

Don't worry. I will let you off the hook before you start citing ancient history.

Frequent losses...from a husker? Man you guys need to wake up to where you are now.

Don't worry. I will let you off the hook before you start citing ancient history.

Better ancient history than no history

Yes frequent losses. You all have won 9 or more games once this century. We all admit we have been mediocre as hell and we have done that 12 times.

And again, I ever never once thought “welp Iowa St lost......let me head on over and talk shit.”

Yes frequent losses. You all have won 9 or more games once this century. We all admit we have been mediocre as hell and we have done that 12 times.

And again, I ever never once thought “welp Iowa St lost......let me head on over and talk shit.”

Ah.. that history stuff again.. now do current reality. See you in a bowl game. Oh wait ...

Ah.. that history stuff again.. now do current reality. See you in a bowl game. Oh wait ...

The difference is you all will be doing backflips over a 6-6 year.

And record has nothing to do with my post. I’ve never once thought about Iowa St after we left the Big 12. Glad to see we still live rent free in your head.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Bo had two issues. 1) Wisconsin made him look silly and most other big games he blew like against Texas and OU. But at least he got to the big games. 2) His temperate and attitude. He would have gotten D1 offers if #1 was his only issue. #2 eliminated him from D1 head coaching.

Reactions: CatColumbia
The difference is you all will be doing backflips over a 6-6 year.

And record has nothing to do with my post. I’ve never once thought about Iowa St after we left the Big 12. Glad to see we still live rent free in your head.

You live rent free in the delusion category and the comedy club.

Good stuff reading about how you were back to start the year. Really good stuff. Should I look up your delusion on that?

Again.. sign of a loser.... talking about ancient history and not the current reality.

PS nobody thinks about Nebraska as a good team. We do get a good chuckle out of your delusion. I'm here for the comedy.

1. SEC
2. Big 12

you think Purdue was at full strength for TCU?

You live rent free in the delusion category and the comedy club.

Good stuff reading about how you were back to start the year. Really good stuff.

Again.. sign of a loser.... talking about ancient history and not the current reality.

I never said any of those things. Try again. I’ve been very critical of this staff.

And again, the only loser is you for even being on this board. Why Nebraska is even in your mind I don’t know. Again, I’ve never once thought about heading to an Iowa St board after one of your usual losses.

1. SEC
2. Big 12

You have a reading comprehension problem. The Big 10 is better than the Big 12 was when we were in that conference. That goes back to 2010 and before. Are you following? It is a tougher deeper league. Was then and is now. Got it?

Oh so you want to talk about this year? With any luck we will get to see what OSU will do to your champion this year.

Congrats on finding a stat to back up your position. Our #6 team beat your #4 team at their place. ESPN power rankings has the Big 10 #2.

Is the Big 10 weak at the bottom with 14 teams? Sure. Does that mean the Big 12 isn’t weak at their 8-10??? So who is ignoring stuff?

Put OSU, PSU, and Wisky in the B12 this year and see where’d they’d finish this year.

Take it from a PennSt alumnus who seen the program highs and the lows that had us thinking WeAre dead too.

N football is far from dead, it’s down currently, and yes today sucked.
But .. you have premium facilities, an administration that wants to win and most of all a fan base that matches any other.
N has a issue on both side of the line. That’s recruiting and Scott is addressing it in the 2020 & already has another big highly ranked kid in 2021.
Franklin recruits like few others, but it took 3 years of 4star recruits on the OL until they got experience and started winning. Now the LOS is one of PS strengths.

I think you have the correct coach. Now it’s about recruiting, the one advantage N has is the transfer portal.
Proven kids entering the portal every month.
It’s hard but be patient! GBR will be kick people’s a$$ again soon.
Does any program want to be compared to Ped State? It will forever be tainted by the Sandusky-Paterno scandal.

You have a reading comprehension problem. The Big 10 is better than the Big 12 was when we were in that conference. That goes back to 2010 and before. Are you following? It is a tougher deeper league. Was then and is now. Got it?

Oh so you want to talk about this year? With any luck we will get to see what OSU will do to your champion this year.

Congrats on finding a stat to back up your position. Our #6 team beat your #4 team at their place. ESPN power rankings has the Big 10 #2.

Is the Big 10 weak at the bottom with 14 teams? Sure. Does that mean the Big 12 isn’t weak at their 8-10??? So who is ignoring stuff?

Put OSU, PSU, and Wisky in the B12 this year and see where’d they’d finish this year.

It's too bad you don't live in reality. I love that Nebraska fans now don't care about actual wins and losses.

Big 12 wins over power 5 schools > big ten.

2018 horrible Kansas team..
Kansas 55
Rutgers 14

LOL. The delusion is strong on the board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT