ADVERTISEMENT

Is Anyone Else Tired of This Line?

ExxHusker

Walk On
Nov 21, 2001
HCMR: I've seen a lot.

I do not give a **** how much he has seen. Can he get his team to play at a championship level? That is the question. Not how much he has seen.

I do not give a **** how much he has seen. Can he get his team to play at a championship level? That is the question. Not how much he has seen.
how about "what do you think"?

And the way it looks, we will never get to see if he can rebuild a program and make them top 5 team. Dude deserves 2 more years, 5 years to rebuild a program should be the golden standard. But our “Nebraska Way” appears that we may not give the man a fair shake at it.

Is anyone else tired of this line?

If the line is to blame for our offensive woes, then yes, I am most definetily tired of it!

And the way it looks, we will never get to see if he can rebuild a program and make them top 5 team. Dude deserves 2 more years, 5 years to rebuild a program should be the golden standard. But our “Nebraska Way” appears that we may not give the man a fair shake at it.

What are you talking about? A fair shake? What specific thing has been in his way that caused him to go 1-1 (almost 0-2) against Arkansas State and NIU? He's not coaching at Buffalo.

He brought the staff he wanted. Nobody dictated his assistants.

And a bunch of them couldn't get it done and he replaced them. That's Rileys fault. He's supposed to be connected like none other and knew these guys.

Year 3. He's got his QB and his offense installed.

And it doesn't look like a work in progress. It looks like shit and we have played nobody.

Top 5?

We are going to have to MASSIVELY improve in every facet of the game (offense, defense, special teams) to sniff top 40.

Last edited:

I used to get tired of TO always saying that our struggles in big losses were just a "lack of execution". I remember as a youngin, wishing he would get mad and blame somebody or get specific!!

Reactions: ssmill777
"There moving around well" or "you watched the game what do you think" every coach has there go to lines. The next coach and the.......... after that will have there's.

He’s had a fair shake and is failing miserably! We lost to PURDUE! The idiots on here love to say Melvin Gordon just scored again. We lost to PURDUE!

Reactions: huskerfan1414

Purdue has fired their last two coaches 4 years in, and they're starting on the bottom.

Riley is getting a fair shake. Football coaches are hired to win football games, that is the standard they're judged against. I don't believe NU is playoff level or even CC level. And Riley is not being judged against that standard even though that is what some want to believe. Continual improvement is a tough call if you're judging an 8-win team to be better than a 9-win team. But that doesn't matter, because all signs point towards us moving backwards.

Here's Riley's fair shake. Riley gets to pick his method to post winning seasons. If he can't post winning seasons, he won't have a job. Just like Charlie Strong at Texas, just like Rich Rod at Michigan, 3 years is more than enough.

Timing matters more. We have missed on good coaches because of that line of thinking.

A fair shake? Why in the world would you give five years to something that is failing? Banker and a few of his friends got two years. Riley's initial d-line coach got one year. In your world did those guys get a fair shake from Riley? I say, "Yes, they did." Their superior said they weren't good enough and changes needed to be made. If after three years Riley's superior says, "It's not good enough" then I would say it's silly to say he didn't get a fair shake.

Man this is an awful post. If 2 losing seasons in the first 3 isn't enough, would 3 out of 4 work for you?

Reactions: CaptainChapman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT