ADVERTISEMENT

Inept across the board. Purge.

I've said it before. Fire everyone from the AD down to the dish washers and custodians. The program has been rotten inside for 20 years. The piss-poor attitudes permeate the entire athletic department. I remember working in the AD as an UNL employee in the early 2000's, and even when the program was garbage the people in the West Stadium acted like they were gods.

Trev needs to start from the ground up. Hire someone that will bring in a staff that works on a basis of explosive power on the lines with an offensive philosophy of beat down and wear down the defense. The defense needs to be sound tacklers and have a back 7 that gang tackles.

Everything from the S/C forward needs to be 100% better. Like to see if Joseph will stay as an assistant and recruit like the ace recruiter he can be.

girl-please.gif

But don't make a special Olympics joke about this awful coaching staff because to the woke babies who post on here jokes are worse than an embarrassing program that shames out university

There's a difference between traditions worth keeping and removing the current rot that has pervaded the program.
Not really. The past needs to be the past, or it's just an annoyance to the new coaches, and trying to get a good one. I'm OK with traditions if they have zero effect on the current coach.

Might be a good idea to keep on 1 asst coach so players have one familiar face in the transition. That doesn't have to be MJ. No doubt a new coach most likely will bring his own assets. So who could be that one asst coach ....other than MJ...who could help transition?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Every single coach that’s been brought up as a candidate that I’ve talked crap about would be an upgrade from MJ. Frost was better than MJ. Hire anyone. Anyone and burn it down
Joseph isn’t going to get the HC job, nor should he. But I can’t agree that he’s worse than Frost. Teflon Scotty got 5 years and all the resources in the world, and he shit the bed at every turn.

Today was a first. I am busy working at the office and finally at 1:44 PDT I thought for the first time "Oh there was a Nebraska game today. I should check the score." Saturdays were for Husker football. That was the activity of the day. I used to think that they were losing because I did not care enough and if I only was more emotionally invested that they would play better. The only result was I was felt worse and they played worse. I am not off being a fan; it just feels like one of those relationships where they need to fix themselves before I can do anything but love them from afar.

Reactions: baseball31ne
From before the kickoff until the last play. Purge. Purge. Purge. Bye Mickey and whip.
Mickey is fine as the WR coach. Busch is fine and I hope we keep him. The rest will probably go and for a couple of them it wasn’t there fault. You can only do so much as an assistant. Frost and Chin are the guys we should be upset with. They had the final say on recruit evaluations and scheme. Fisher was pretty damned good. Applewhite I hope sticks around but whatever on the rest.

Mickey is fine as the WR coach. Busch is fine and I hope we keep him. The rest will probably go and for a couple of them it wasn’t there fault. You can only do so much as an assistant. Frost and Chin are the guys we should be upset with. They had the final say on recruit evaluations and scheme. Fisher was pretty damned good. Applewhite I hope sticks around but whatever on the rest.
Duval, Raiola, Whipple, Ruud, Beckton, Fisher, and Dawson all need to be shown the door. Applewhite, Mickey, and Busch should get a look by the next coach.

We also need to let go a lot of scholarship players. Benhart, Piper, Hickman, Purdy, Smothers, Haarberg, R. Johnson, Pola-Gates, Hutmacher among many others need to be shown the door too.

Duval, Raiola, Whipple, Ruud, Beckton, Fisher, and Dawson all need to be shown the door. Applewhite, Mickey, and Busch should get a look by the next coach.

We also need to let go a lot of scholarship players. Benhart, Piper, Hickman, Purdy, Smothers, Haarberg, R. Johnson, Pola-Gates, Hutmacher among many others need to be shown the door too.
You’re throwing the baby out with the wash water with a couple of those names. Hopefully more thoughtful sorting than that takes place. Fresh start for everybody shortly.

Yup: sellout streak, blackshirts, input of legacy players, etc. all need to be shit canned. Living on past glory is pathetic.
Sellout streak…

Was at the game today with a friend who grew up in Wisconsin. They announced the sellout and he laughed his ass off looking at all the empty seat around us - let alone throughout the entire stadium. I understand how we do it, but that tradition has been a joke for years.

Fisher is definitely overrated. I'm not even sure about Applewhite. I'm ok keeping MJ and Busch but the rest can hit the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT