ADVERTISEMENT

Walmart Receipt Check

Fascinating watching people dig their heels in to defend their desire to treat min wage workers who are just doing their job, like shit. Speaks veey poorly of a lot of you.
Amazing watching people talk about crap that is not even a factor in the discussion.
Why comply? Because it's their store, their rules and I understand why they do it. If you're failing to understand why they do it, that's on you. If you don't like it, present a better solution or shop somewhere else. Just don't be defiant and complain in the process.

If they don't do receipt checks then we go back to checkout clerks. Maybe that's what you want?
They check everyone it makes zero difference if it is self-checkout or through a clerk.

It not a huge deal to me because I avoid Wal Mart at all costs. The few times I go in the store its a hassle but not that long of a delay.

People posting, we are disrespecting employees because of what they make. Dumbest shit I have read in a while. Good god some people are dumb and look to create drama.

I don't accept that any of the responsibility for this falls to the customer.
That's fine, but that's just not how companies are going to operate. Yes, a few bad apples are going to ruin it for the rest of us, it's been that way for a long time.

I'm in the insurance industry. There are rules put in place that make it super annoying for those of us who follow the rules because of those who don't follow the rules. There are enough that don't follow the rules where it's noticeable to the company's bottom line so new rules are going to be put into place for everyone.

If your not in a big hurry go online to Walmart they usually have free Delivery with purchases over $35 I do a lot of that, you don’t have to deal with other shoppers or those automated checkouts bull crap 💩
It's almost the only way I shop at Walmart.

Can't wait for Costco to get a pickup at the curb option.

Reactions: HuskerO
They check everyone it makes zero difference if it is self-checkout or through a clerk.
The difference for the business is (I'm assuming) that their employee costs are lower. The difference for me, the consumer, is that I get in and out of Walmart much quicker by having self checkout even with a receipt checker. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, but then the difference goes back to the business having lower expenses.

It's almost the only way I shop at Walmart.

Can't wait for Costco to get a pickup at the curb option.
Online shopping has been one of the greatest things for my wife now that there aren't any checkout clerks. Good luck filling your cart & trying to self-checkout with 5 kids ages 8mo - 10 years old with you.

You could do it when there were checkout clerks, but not now with self-checkout.

The difference for the business is (I'm assuming) that their employee costs are lower. The difference for me, the consumer, is that I get in and out of Walmart much quicker by having self checkout even with a receipt checker. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, but then the difference goes back to the business having lower expenses.
Well duh. Every decision is about less cost in business. That's why Walmart and others have almost no full-time employees. The people in this thread discussing disrespect to people? Start with most businesses that size. They don't care about the average employee. Just show up, do your job and shut up.

Every time I hear someone say let's get rid of California I just laugh. They are an economic and agricultural powerhouse. And last time I checked they paid more in federal taxes than they got back.

Not a place I would ever live, and I have no desire to visit anymore, but I recognize their economic contribution to this country.
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Well duh. Every decision is about less cost in business. That's why Walmart and others have almost no full-time employees. The people in this thread discussing disrespect to people? Start with most businesses that size. They don't care about the average employee. Just show up, do your job and shut up.
I'm not sure how you expected me (or anyone) to respond back to your " it makes zero difference" comment when it does make a difference. In more than one way.

Awesome, that's a good process I think. If that calms people down, maybe that's what Walmart / Sam's will start doing that too.

I'll venture a guess that Costco customers are less likely to steal than Walmart customers. Meaning that what works for Costco may not work for Walmart.
It speeds up the checkout. They still have people checking receipts at the door.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Give people the choice, you know, kinda like we had, before not having a choice was forced on people. If you want to yessa massa on your way out the door by using a self checkout, have at it. Let the rest of us *GASP* WAIT IN LINE while a real cashier/checkout person who actually does something and isn't just a worthless body security guard checks us out and then be on our way.

Reactions: BleedRed78
So much to do about this, and I honestly support freedom from search.

I had a Walmart twig shout bloody murder at me in Omaha as I passed Go.

This is absolutely bullshit.

Many places across the country are revolting as they are not criminals

I am not going to stop. Your merchandise was purchased and is no longer yours, good bye.
^^^^^ You were saying? LOL literally the OP of this thread.
Not one person has cried about freedoms except straw man cavalot.

Give people the choice, you know, kinda like we had, before not having a choice was forced on people. If you want to yessa massa on your way out the door by using a self checkout, have at it. Let the rest of us *GASP* WAIT IN LINE while a real cashier/checkout person who actually does something and isn't just a worthless body security guard checks us out and then be on our way.
Not one person has cried about freedoms except straw man cavalot.
And another!!! lol

But they don’t check the receipts really. They don’t look at every line - they literally pencil whip and move you on. I totally understand they do it at Costco and Sam’s because they have always done it there. Walmart not so much. Again, you put in self checkouts to dominate the cashiers to reduce your costs - I’m cool with, but the trade off isn’t that you have to stop me and pencil whip my receipt. It’s a joke.

Maybe next time I get groceries instead of not stopping - I will stop and make them inventory literally every single item to make sure I didnt take anything.
ALSO, Sam's and Costco are clubs. Making sure you're a member

Just tell them to come and get you.

Lol Costco tries to do that and I walk right past them. Not waiting in f'n line so some dumbass can draw on my receipt with their crayon or highlighter. What f'n retard at that company thought of that?
OK man, we need to educate you again. They don't just have the people checking receipts for no reason, as it would be kind of dumb to pay people to do something for no reason. There are 2 reasons:

1. They don't check the receipt against what's in the cart, but rather they check the receipt for double charges, something that happens a lot when things are being scanned. It's something they can do in an instant, something that they can't do at the checkout counter because it would slow thing down there too much.

2. They mark the receipt so you don't come back later that day, fill a cart with the same stuff, then walk out again with stolen stuff. It's easier than having them check the time on the receipt every time.

BTW, the f'n retards you mention at COSTCO make about 50% more than other stores, both in the warehouses and in the Corporate Offices.

I'm the OP? OMG IM THE OP!

Go wait in line for another clot shot, bovine.
Your inability to read and make inferences has got to be a result of your covid ailment. LOL. I didn't say you were the OP... I said your post was another example of "my freedumbs."

LOL clot shot. grow up.

OK man, we need to educate you again. They don't just have the people checking receipts for no reason, as it would be kind of dumb to pay people to do something for no reason. There are 2 reasons:

1. They don't check the receipt against what's in the cart, but rather they check the receipt for double charges, something that happens a lot when things are being scanned. It's something they can do in an instant, something that they can't do at the checkout counter because it would slow thing down there too much.

2. They mark the receipt so you don't come back later that day, fill a cart with the same stuff, then walk out again with stolen stuff. It's easier than having them check the time on the receipt every time.

BTW, the f'n retards you mention at COSTCO make about 50% more than other stores, both in the warehouses and in the Corporate Offices.
This is fake news! It makes too much sense!

Best Buy...man back in the day that place would basically check my asshole on the way out. It was something else! Hahaha

I never really care if they check the shit, they basically just fake look at your receipt and then tell you to have a nice day.

I'm pretty sure this would increase a company's employee cost immensely.

People that steal don’t typically have receipts …
Plenty of people who steal have receipts. And they're figuring that out too.

Picked up some things at Meijer this summer when I was riding my motorcycle.

Had like 5 items and my helmet in the cart. Ran the 5 items through the self checker. When I went to pay a red light came on and it wouldn't let me check out.

A clerk came over. Looked in my cart. Said "sorry, this happens quite a bit, our camera system thinks you are stealing that helmet".

Big Brother is watching.

It's private property. I see it as their store. If I want to shop at their store I follow their rules. Same way I don't agree with rules people have at their houses. I'm not a dick. If my Aunt has a rule you take your shoes off in her house then I don't say f you, I don't agree with it, and wear them anyway. If my friend has a cat and I hate cats, I don't kick his cat at his house because I hate cats. I just wouldn't go there if it bothered me that much. Why would Wal-mart be any different?
But you're not shopping at their store, you are leaving with YOUR stuff, legally. They have no right to detain you. They can ask whatever they want. People, you are under no obligation to do anything these people say.

But you're not shopping at their store, you are leaving with YOUR stuff, legally. They have no right to detain you. They can ask whatever they want. People, you are under no obligation to do anything these people say.
Leaving to their parking lot.

You are still in their store subject to their rules! Until you are totally off their property you are subject to their rules! It is totally your choice if you do not want to shop there ever again because you do not like their rules!

Why isn't that the trade off? If having self checkouts increases the risk for theft, then why wouldn't you want to have some policy or action in place to reduce that risk (without having to back to full time checkout clerks)?
My point is they don’t actually check anything. I have cart full of stuff - they literally just mark it that they stopped you. It’s a pointless inconvenience that does absolutely nothing but slow the consumer down.

Also my Walmart doesn’t check everyone so it’s not a store policy to check everyone just randomly.

Last edited:
My point is they don’t actually check anything. I have cart full of stuff - they literally just mark it that they stopped you. It’s a pointless inconvenience that does absolutely nothing but slow the consumer down.

Also my Walmart doesn’t check everyone so it’s not a store policy to check everyone just randomly.
Why do you think Walmart does it then?

Since they don't check everyone nor every item, how much time does this slow you down by? Minutes? Seconds?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT