ADVERTISEMENT

Walmart Receipt Check

So people steal enough to make the biz unprofitable, store closes, and the fvcking idiots they interview about it blame....wait for it....somebody else.

Classic.

I feel like that link proves my point on the issue and you just won the debate for me.
I am not surprised at all that was your conclusion.

Reactions: Jaemekon
Apples to oranges, and it may not even be that close. That's just plain stupid...

... and anyone complaining about a business wanting to make sure people actually paid for the items they're leaving the store with is literally looking under every rock for something to complain about and the very definition of first world problems.
Walmart on 72 and Pacific will have you cuffed and stuffed.

Reactions: Lincoln100
now, Hus, you know I think you're the warmest toilet seat on the board, but I gotta disagree with you on this sentence.

Here's why: If it is not shoplifting until you carry a product out the front doors (assuming you haven't boosted a cucumber in your rear-pussy) then you also wouldn't OWN the vegetable(or fruit) until you exit the front doors. Just one friend's opinion.

Welcome to Omaha.
Anyone who boosts a cucumber in their nether regions automatically gains ownership of it.

Someone should just tell them to check receipts!

So they closed that location.

Which means the looters are going to have to Uber to the next closest one in order to clean it out.

They'll probably interview those same two rocket scientists a few months from now, as the next one starts to fail.

They'll agree that it's heartless to require un-incomed to pay for an Uber to go shoplift, and the government should reimburse any and all expenses incurred for the extra travel and inconvenience.

I'm not opposed to giving California back to Mexico at this point. This state literally serves no purpose. Maybe we keep the state, but give them LA and San Fran as tribute.
Every time I hear someone say let's get rid of California I just laugh. They are an economic and agricultural powerhouse. And last time I checked they paid more in federal taxes than they got back.

Not a place I would ever live, and I have no desire to visit anymore, but I recognize their economic contribution to this country.

If you're willing to comply to a minimum wage Walmart employee then I'd guess you will comply to about anyone for anything.

Not only do I comply, I treat them with (gasp) respect, and appreciation for the job tbey do and I admire peoole who go to work at a place like Walmart, where they get treated like shit by people who think they are better than them because tbey work as Walmart.

Not only do I comply, I treat them with (gasp) respect, and appreciation for the job tbey do and I admire peoole who go to work at a place like Walmart, where they get treated like shit by people who think they are better than them because tbey work as Walmart.
People have to be all dramatic these days. Rather than just shopping somewhere else.

People that steal don’t typically have receipts …
Would it be smarter to walkout with stolen items and no receipt in hand or to walkout with a receipt in hand for the things you purchased, but had a few extra items in your cart that you didn't pay for?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
People have to be all dramatic these days. Rather than just shopping somewhere else.
The thing that makes this thread more redicules is the OPs bitching about this would do the same if they owned the store.

They do it everywhere. Hell, even here in the middle of no where South Arkansas. I went to Walmart around 10PM one night. Almost no one in the store. Of course, no check out people so self-checkout with 3 employees standing there talking. Still wanted to stop me at the door.

It's ridiculous.
When these stores go back to checkout clerks, there will be a new thread bitching about how long it takes to get through the checkout line, LOL.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Great straw man...

They can try and check my receipt, but I'm not stopping for them and I'm sure as hell not lining up like sheep for them while they look over the cart of the lady who spent $300 and has 2 screaming kids.
I disagree with most everything cavalot says, BUT he was responding back to Tampa's claim that people with receipts don't steal.

I agree with Cav here, if you're going to be smart about stealing you'll pay for 25-30 items and not pay for the additional 5 items you threw in your cart. This would be way more rampant if no one was there to check receipts.

Again, you put in self checkouts to dominate the cashiers to reduce your costs - I’m cool with, but the trade off isn’t that you have to stop me and pencil whip my receipt.
Why isn't that the trade off? If having self checkouts increases the risk for theft, then why wouldn't you want to have some policy or action in place to reduce that risk (without having to back to full time checkout clerks)?

Reactions: OzzyLvr and kidofSN
The thing that makes this thread more redicules is the OPs bitching about this would do the same if they owned the store.
Lol. I'm not saying I wouldn't, that's for sure. Anything would be on the table if I owned Wal-mart. Are you saying you are a person who would limit your options for higher profits out of principle? Sure, buddy. Sure.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
All of the people complaining about having receipt checkers. What would you do if you owned a store the size of Costco, Sam's, Walmart, etc?

Have self checkout, but no receipt checkers? Have no self checkout and all checkout clerks? Combination of both or something else? What is the answer?

When these stores go back to checkout clerks, there will be a new thread bitching about how long it takes to get through the checkout line, LOL.
People complain about everything. People won't work. People work but they are harassing me. People won't work and I don't like how companies responded to the lack of workers. Company hires people at a higher wage and people complain about prices.

If you're willing to comply to a minimum wage Walmart employee then I'd guess you will comply to about anyone for anything.
Ffs. Willing to “comply?” Are you suspicious of your own shadow? How about willing to not be a doucher over nothing. Not sure the employees’ approach in your area, but they aren’t assholes where I am, and not sure the issue with stopping for 8 seconds to let them look at the receipt. I’ve never seen anyone blow by them. If I did, I’d laugh my ass off at the clown that couldn’t be bothered. Good stuff from some of you.

Every time I hear someone say let's get rid of California I just laugh. They are an economic and agricultural powerhouse. And last time I checked they paid more in federal taxes than they got back.

Not a place I would ever live, and I have no desire to visit anymore, but I recognize their economic contribution to this country.
It’s a joke…. Calm down.

Ffs. Willing to “comply?” Are you suspicious of your own shadow? How about willing to not be a doucher over nothing. Not sure the employees’ approach in your area, but they aren’t assholes where I am, and not sure the issue with stopping for 8 seconds to let them look at the receipt. I’ve never seen anyone blow by them. If I did, I’d laugh my ass off at the clown that couldn’t be bothered. Good stuff from some of you.
I agree, don't be a douche. Don't treat your best customers as if they are thieves.

Don't be a douche, if the management of Walmart wants to confront their customers and tie up their time then come out of that back office and do it yourself. Don't send some 17 year old kid out to do it.

What is it that makes you want to comply? Do you see Walmart as this big, bad authority figure.

Reactions: BleedRed78
This has zero to do with respecting people. But good try. Talk about over reaction.

I agree, don't be a douche. Don't treat your best customers as if they are thieves.

Don't be a douche, if the management of Walmart wants to confront their customers and tie up their time then come out of that back office and do it yourself. Don't send some 17 year old kid out to do it.

What is it that makes you want to comply? Do you see Walmart as this big, bad authority figure.
It's private property. I see it as their store. If I want to shop at their store I follow their rules. Same way I don't agree with rules people have at their houses. I'm not a dick. If my Aunt has a rule you take your shoes off in her house then I don't say f you, I don't agree with it, and wear them anyway. If my friend has a cat and I hate cats, I don't kick his cat at his house because I hate cats. I just wouldn't go there if it bothered me that much. Why would Wal-mart be any different?

But they don’t check the receipts really. They don’t look at every line - they literally pencil whip and move you on. I totally understand they do it at Costco and Sam’s because they have always done it there. Walmart not so much. Again, you put in self checkouts to dominate the cashiers to reduce your costs - I’m cool with, but the trade off isn’t that you have to stop me and pencil whip my receipt. It’s a joke.

Maybe next time I get groceries instead of not stopping - I will stop and make them inventory literally every single item to make sure I didnt take anything.
Go for it if you must. I really don't see it as an issue like some on here do. But of course many of them see any inconvenience as a major infringement on their constitutional rights. Like I said, I just don't go to those places if I don't have to.

so strange

It's private property. I see it as their store. If I want to shop at their store I follow their rules. Same way I don't agree with rules people have at their houses. I'm not a dick. If my Aunt has a rule you take your shoes off in her house then I don't say f you, I don't agree with it, and wear them anyway. If my friend has a cat and I hate cats, I don't kick his cat at his house because I hate cats. I just wouldn't go there if it bothered me that much. Why would Wal-mart be any different?
If it's private property, that property was already transferred over at the checkout line. So why would you let someone check into your own private property?

Reactions: BleedRed78
I refuse to wait in lines. for example, like for school in the mornings, i refuse to wait in the dropoff line, so my kids know they either have to be early to school, or they will be late to school.

I definitely wouldn't wait in line for some twat at walmart (i don't go there anyway).
School dropoff lines are the dumbest thing. I don't have kids, but if I did, they'd be dropped off at the nearest neighborhood street and they can walk the rest of the way. Waiting in line for 30 minutes just to pickup or dropoff your kid when you've already had a long day at work is the ultimate sheeple move.

All of the people complaining about having receipt checkers. What would you do if you owned a store the size of Costco, Sam's, Walmart, etc?

Have self checkout, but no receipt checkers? Have no self checkout and all checkout clerks? Combination of both or something else? What is the answer?
Costco is manning their self checkouts. At least at the 2 I go to they are. And when I stopped at an out of state one over Xmas they were there too.

Reactions: HuskerO

Why comply? Because it's their store, their rules and I understand why they do it. If you're failing to understand why they do it, that's on you. If you don't like it, present a better solution or shop somewhere else. Just don't be defiant and complain in the process.

If they don't do receipt checks then we go back to checkout clerks. Maybe that's what you want?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Why comply? Because it's their store, their rules and I understand why they do it. If you're failing to understand why they do it, that's on you. If you don't like it, present a better solution or shop somewhere else. Just don't be defiant and complain in the process.

If they don't do receipt checks then we go back to checkout clerks. Maybe that's what you want?
I don't accept that any of the responsibility for this falls to the customer.

Costco is manning their self checkouts. At least at the 2 I go to they are. And when I stopped at an out of state one over Xmas they were there too.
Awesome, that's a good process I think. If that calms people down, maybe that's what Walmart / Sam's will start doing that too.

I'll venture a guess that Costco customers are less likely to steal than Walmart customers. Meaning that what works for Costco may not work for Walmart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT