ADVERTISEMENT

I will just leave this here!!!

I agree, not sure if we really know if he cares about himself only or not. But it is clear to me he is a blowhard jackass that is very misguided in what he thinks leadership is.

A lot of really bad people probably cared about others. That doesn't make them a good person.

Sure. I think that is fair. I bet even really horrible people have/do care about others.

So, it is safe to say that Bo does in fact care about other people and not just himself. Which is really all I said at the start.

Again, 2014, Bo had eight Huskers on the all Big team, in which every team,if divided equally,would have had almost 11.
His last two classes were abysmal, yet MR still won nine and put 6 on the all big team.
Now through attrition of coaching changes and scheme, it's even worse, and our two best classes possibly this century sit in waiting to play full time this year.
But it took redshirting almost an entire class, including six four star players, almost as good as Bo ever had, to catch up for this long downwards slide started by Bo long ago.

Didn't the iowa coaches almost kill a few guys from workouts a few years back and the players had to be rushed to the hospital and almost died?
Yea, one of the best SnC coaches screwed up. Same thing happened under Duval, but Duval was srarting out blind

Oh wow...Can Duval see now?

(Hahaha)
Pretty weird at iowa, he is one of the best SnC coaches, I believe top three in pay, how he went too far.
I think some guys dont correctly pace themselves,and if they aren't monitored put themselves over the brink.

In Duvals case, according to what everyone knows, the stress levels weren't that high, for players expected to be at a certain level. He simply didnt know how far out of shape they were, and as said, he dialed it back

There what is, you ignoring everything,every fact,every known substance on the Big?
Or, you cherry picking a team that owned us and still do, ignoring how iowa is better, minny is better, NW never won when Bo was here did they? A division? Illinois looking that good?

Is this coincidence to you?

yes it appears other teams are maximizing their talent - I would think we would expect the same out of our staff ....

average recruiting class ranking the last 3 years:

Neb - 17
Wisc - 31
Purdue - 34
Iowa - 37
Minn - 40
NW - 52
ILL - 66

our worst class ranks ahead of any other teams best class during this time frame

if we aren't owning this division after years 3 or 4 then other coaches are simply doing a much, much better job

Last edited:
yes it appears other teams are maximizing their talent - I would think we would expect the same out of our staff ....

average recruiting class ranking the last 3 years:

Neb - 17
Wisc - 31
Purdue - 34
Iowa - 37
Minn - 40
NW - 52
ILL - 66

our worst class ranks ahead of any other teams best class during this time frame

if we aren't owning this division after years 3 or 4 then other coaches are simply doing a much, much better job
So, who's starting?
You ignore what I've been saying, then you make your stats worthless because of what you ignore.
Of the last two classes, who is playing? Two guys? Wandale and Nelson?
How about those forty other guys?
No? Hey, we may be into something here.

So, we bring in 40 freshmen this coming year, not the first three just this coming year.
So, you could either subtract those 40 guys and remake who has actually been available, then see who's maximizing talent, a worthless endeavor, or, realize we are just now going to use them, because the team needed to be rebuilt, unlike minny,NW,wiscy iowa etc.
And, to see,catch a glimpse of a lessor makeover, minny sucked last year and the year before, because to a lesser degree, they had a smaller rebuild of their own, and didnt red shirt an dntire class, it wasnt needed, and Fleck played his freshmen and became the youngest team in cfb.
Bo and MR left us worse off than that, so we had to rebuild depth, the right way

So, who's starting?
You ignore what I've been saying, then you make your stats worthless because of what you ignore.
Of the last two classes, who is playing? Two guys? Wandale and Nelson?
How about those forty other guys?
No? Hey, we may be into something here.

So, we bring in 40 freshmen this coming year, not the first three just this coming year.
So, you could either subtract those 40 guys and remake who has actually been available, then see who's maximizing talent, a worthless endeavor, or, realize we are just now going to use them, because the team needed to be rebuilt, unlike minny,NW,wiscy iowa etc.
And, to see,catch a glimpse of a lessor makeover, minny sucked last year and the year before, because to a lesser degree, they had a smaller rebuild of their own, and didnt red shirt an dntire class, it wasnt needed, and Fleck played his freshmen and became the youngest team in cfb.
Bo and MR left us worse off than that, so we had to rebuild depth, the right way

I’m not ignoring anything ... that’s why I said after 3-4 years

I’m not ignoring anything ... that’s why I said after 3-4 years
Ok, but understand, Fleck had results in year three, but he also had older players, as he used his new recruits right away.
We wont be that old year three, how that effects the team,who knows? By the end of next year, we should be good, and I've said before, by the time our young guys start coming into their own, we hit that murderers row.
In a more normal year, I would have them winning more games, this year, 7-5, including those new guys, including all O linemen returning,a healthy qb returning, a bigger n better Wandale etc.

We wont be where we want to be this coming year, but you can bet we will start seeing it.

Amazing its been 6 years since he left and his loyalists are still loud and proud.
Most of the posts on this thread are those who are still butthurt about Bo. I look at Bo about the same way I look at Solich. He's a decent coach, but not necessarily good enough for Nebraska for the long term and that's why he was let go.

Most of the posts on this thread are those who are still butthurt about Bo. I look at Bo about the same way I look at Solich. He's a decent coach, but not necessarily good enough for Nebraska for the long term and that's why he was let go.
Honestly, not good enough for any Power 5 jobs.

Pelini had to go because he was an a-hole.
If Frost has a 7 year stretch identical to Pelini’s there won’t be a peep about a coaching change.

We are already seeing the excuses why Frost might not match Pelinis record after he is established because of things like Illinois and Northwestern also trying to win.

Last edited:
If Frost has a 7 year record identical to Pelini’s there won’t be a peep about a coaching change.

We are already seeing the excuses why Frost might not match Pelinis record after he is established because of things like Illinois and Northwestern also trying to win.
What if Frost has fewer wins over 7 seasons, but also has an 11 win season and Big 10 championship? Would that be okay or would you just need to revise your criteria to show he's still a bad coach?

What if Frost has fewer wins over 7 seasons, but also has an 11 win season and Big 10 championship? Would that be okay or would you just need to revise your criteria to show he's still a bad coach?

yes, I value elite seasons over winning %

as I said above, once Frost is established, given the vast recruiting discrepancy, we should win the division frequently if we are maximizing our talent

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
Bo will be fine as a DC somewhere like LSU where he doesn't have to do the recruiting. I mean, that is what he is. He did just fine at LSU before he came here. The fact that he is a terrible HC doesn't mean he can't do one of the coordinator roles and just stick to the X's and O's. Keep him away from the microphone, interacting with fans and recruiting and just let him manage the D.

Reactions: Sinomatic
yes, I value elite seasons over winning %

as I said above, once Frost is established, given the vast recruiting discrepancy, we should win the division frequently if we are maximizing our talent
I pretty much agree with you on that.

Some of these guys will NEVER get over it....they hate being wrong. These the same cats that said a MONKEY could come to Nebraska and get 9 wins remember??

So instead of admitting they were wrong they hold to unleash their rage and hatred everytime Pelini's name is brought up.

Same guys still mad at that their 8th grade girlfriend for dumping him for Billy Joe 40 years ago....
I don’t hate bo but good riddance he’s gone

If Frost has a 7 year stretch identical to Pelini’s there won’t be a peep about a coaching change.

He's not even matching Riley's record at this point. Of course other teams are trying to win, but they usually end up the same place they've always been. If a program has been a bottom feeder in the conference for 50+ years, they're likely going to remain that way.

Who's making any excuses, I'll set them straight.
I do know, there's plenty of fans setting up any excuse to b1tch however, but those guys? Not worth it,blowhards all

We were a laughing stock when he was here. Most people laughed and said does that really represent Nebraska wow!

That's what the fans say to make their outrage of not going undefeated every year to make themselves feel better. Our fans acted like idiots too.

We are literally getting the seasons we deserve.

The pre season polls have three teams from the west on them. The ACC for the whole conference has two.
The Pac has four for the entire conference.
Must be fun making crap up
https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/...ootball-rankings-preseason-top-25-2020-season

wait just a minute .... we are going to have to play good teams??

have we filed a complaint with the NCAA .. the utter lack of equipoise is frankly getting ridiculous

seriously .. does the NCAA know that we have to play Iowa and Minnesota every year ... sometimes even in their own stadiums

Last edited:
wait just a minute .... we are going to have to play good teams??

have we filed a complaint with the NCAA .. the utter lack of equipoise is frankly getting ridiculous

seriously .. does the NCAA know that we have to play Iowa and Minnesota every year ... sometimes even in their own stadiums
Tell all this to the guys claiming the Big west is a dumpster fire, you're preaching to the choir here.

Uggg, stop.

He clearly cares about his family and a ton of his former players, he has them on staff and gets the jobs, by all accounts he is a good family man as well.
Matthew 5:46....
Honestly, not good enough for any Power 5 jobs.
The greatest indictment on Bo was not getting a sniff at another head coaching job. This is after winning 9 in every season at a school that the nation thinks is past its heydays. The fact that so many coaches have been given 2nd chances and it has taken this long to even get a chance at a coordinator position is glaring. I liked Bo...then saw him interact with people in public, then in private, then on national television...and I saw a guy who was just using us as a stepping stool to OSU, and a perfect storm occurred and he had a chance to go to OSU after Tressel was fired inexplicably. He sucked so hard as a coach that they didn't even give him an interview after OSU won only 6 games. That broke his spirit and he coached from that point on that he had nothing to lose, except he coached as if he didn't care to be fired...and he asked for it...so blatantly and obviously that our inept AD felt compelled to do it, even when there wasn't a logical replacement available.

Ok some of you guys just cant get past Melvin Gordon or Wisconsin can you?

We can't get over how he would regularly get thrashed against ranked opponents. It has nothing to do with 9-10 wins. 9-10 wins should be the minimum. Once Callahan's recruits were gone, there went Bo's vaunted D. In other words, Bo has to have superior talent to overcome his ineptitude.

Just because the replacement coach didn't work out doesn't meant that Pelini didn't need to go. I'm hopeful that Coach Frost can rebuild this program's foundation and so should you.

IDPHzCu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tpmcg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT