ADVERTISEMENT

I will just leave this here!!!

You think coaches use it for recruiting?

Use fans? Good lord yes. Recruiting is sales, you do/say/lie/promise all you can do close the deal.

"Best fans in the country, they will support you no matter what" . (Except on twitter after a loss)

"People in the state are nicest!" (Until they make threats against Cosgroves kids)

They should use every trick they can to get the very best players they can.

pretty sure bo is the only nebraska coach to have beaten wisconsin as a member of the big 10.
Against the worst Wisconsin team in the past 10 years. The same Wisconsin team Mike Riley's Oregon St team beat so you know it was a bad Wisconsin team, yet we still got boat races when it mattered.

Use fans? Good lord yes. Recruiting is sales, you do/say/lie/promise all you can do close the deal.

"Best fans in the country, they will support you no matter what" . (Except on twitter after a loss)

"People in the state are nicest!" (Until they make threats against Cosgroves kids)

They should use every trick they can to get the very best players they can.
Ok, now, why do so many college coaches go pro, not all, but many?
Because there's no recruiting.
So hell yes coaches live the fans, they get better recruits, easier to recruit, better recruits, easier to coach, more wins etc.

So hell yes coaches live the fans, they get better recruits, easier to recruit, better recruits, easier to coach, more wins etc.
Do coaches tell their players to ignore the fans? Of course they do, but it isn't all bad is it? More complex than just a recruiting tool isn't it?

I see what you are trying to say but do you think they love the fans when they are making threats, harassing players online and/or booing at the games, calling into talk shows and bitching about them, tweeting at them and telling them how they suck and so on?

And, I think a lot of coaches go pro because it is their dream to coach at that level and the NFL money. But I also think it is to get away from recruiting, yes.

Don't know if it's going to happen, but it could work out. He got players to give effort and play hard. Combine that with LSU's talent, and that could be a solid combination. His schemes seemed outdated when he left NU (stop the pass first...), but that's been a few years ago. And NFL caliber defensive lineman will help any scheme.
Also, Bo's not a "bad" recruiter, I'd say more of a lazy recruiter. Sure, Orgeron would carry him at that job. Also, most of the talent is close by so little traveling. The more I think about it, the more I think it would be a good fit. And it's much easier to have a psycho as an assistant coach than the head man.
What I give Bo the most credit for is as a position coach. Not sure how much of that he would do as a coordinator, but I always thought he'd be a great NFL LB or Safeties coach. I think he did coach LBs in the pros before he came to NU if I recall correctly.

Reactions: otismotis08
You think coaches love the fans?
Some may love the fans, but most are just fine with them. Most coaches understand that without the fan support they have nothing. And the coaches who run programs where there are very little fans wish they had them.

Coaches also understand that's fans will be fans and dont get butthurt when they're questioned like Bo did.

Now the media? Yeah coaches probably hate the media like most everyone else.

I see what you are trying to say but do you think they love the fans when they are making threats, harassing players online and/or booing at the games, calling into talk shows and bitching about them, tweeting at them and telling them how they suck and so on?

And, I think a lot of coaches go pro because it is their dream to coach at that level and the NFL money. But I also think it is to get away from recruiting, yes.
No, but generalizations isn't the driver when these guys head out to Valentine or Chadron etc. It's the fans, the sharing, how every recruit is known, the coaches.
I get what you're saying too, but there's much more good than bad, and it's no different than say twitter, the sewer of the internet, a disproportionate amount of negativity is displayed compared to the vast majority

Why wouldn't they like the hire? They won a national championship with his defense. I don't think LSU fans would have a problem with it.

I was under the impression they weren't heart broke when he left and knew he didn't like to recruit...hope i'm wrong, i'm certainly not rooting against him to get a great job.

No, but generalizations isn't the driver when these guys head out to Valentine or Chadron etc. It's the fans, the sharing, how every recruit is known, the coaches.
I get what you're saying too, but there's much more good than bad, and it's no different than say twitter, the sewer of the internet, a disproportionate amount of negativity is displayed compared to the vast majority
Oh for sure it is way more good than bad...but I feel like most people are wired to let the bad become what they focus on.

Like, I have no idea what type of work you do...but if you get 99 good reviews and 1 shit review...most people (I think) fret over the shit review.

Or maybe that is just me because I am totally insecure.

Some may love the fans, but most are just fine with them. Most coaches understand that without the fan support they have nothing. And the coaches who run programs where there are very little fans wish they had them.

Coaches also understand that's fans will be fans and dont get butthurt when they're questioned like Bo did.

Now the media? Yeah coaches probably hate the media like most everyone else.
Ha...That is funny! I actually don't care much about the media...except when they start a rumor (Like Moos being drunk at Lincoln bars and hitting on everyone) and then walk it back and pretend like it wasn't them.

Yup. He was good with Leroy Alexander and the dong flasher who he poached from NU. After that....lol
Didn’t his penalty cost Youngstown st a slot in the national championships game? He had North Dakota st beat and then his great demeanor took over he had like 15 or 30 yards in penalties. What a buffoon. The guys true colors showed out. I was once on the bandwagon but his constant blowups got old really fast. It was like Nebraska hired a juvenile delinquent and his boozing buddies, give me 5-7 with frost over bozo best.

Didn’t his penalty cost Youngstown st a slot in the national championships game? He had North Dakota st beat and then his great demeanor took over he had like 15 or 30 yards in penalties. What a buffoon. The guys true colors showed out. I was once on the bandwagon but his constant blowups got old really fast. It was like Nebraska hired a juvenile delinquent and his boozing buddies, give me 5-7 with frost over bozo best.

He coached inthe NC game.

Wtf have we done besides be the laughing stock of college football since he left.

Frost cant even have a winning season in the sorriest divison in college football.

Hate Bo as HC, like him as a DC where he's enjoying the recruiting fruit of someone else's labors. He's clearly a good DT and LB coach, and better than average coordinator. What he sucks at is schmoozing the fans, standing in front of the media, and kissing 16-year-old butt in recruiting.
I can't argue with that, but to my memory Bo's first tenure at LSU as DC didn't really go all that well. They had good games defensively, but then ran into a couple games a year where they gave up a ton of yards. My impression was that Bo had great talent to work with but burdened that talent with a complicated scheme. Sometimes his best players just freelanced and Bo let them get away with it because they were superior physically.

I for one would rather not settle at 9 wins a season and a bowl. If that is what you're saying then I know a team to the east you'd just squeal over...

Bo was let go not because of his record. But because all that sanctimonious BS means more to people than winning.....9 cotton pickin wins.....against NOBODY or those flash in the pan teams. Which Nebraska never got the good fortune of being very often since T.O. retired.

I would even wager that if Nebraska had won multiple NCs under Bo that eventually his being Bo in front of the camera would have gotten him fired.

He is perfect for DC....wish we could have had him under Callahan....

Oh for sure it is way more good than bad...but I feel like most people are wired to let the bad become what they focus on.

Like, I have no idea what type of work you do...but if you get 99 good reviews and 1 shit review...most people (I think) fret over the shit review.

Or maybe that is just me because I am totally insecure.
No, this is distorted, and proven to be over reacted to.
The squeaking wheel gets the grease was created for what we're talking about.
And speaking of reviews, its been proven,bad reviews are more likely to be given than good, and tough for the buyer to discern how good the product truly is.
In reality, those who find things bad are more boisterous whether truly bad or not.

The coaches know this

No, this is distorted, and proven to be over reacted to.
The squeaking wheel gets the grease was created for what we're talking about.
And speaking of reviews, its been proven,bad reviews are more likely to be given than good, and tough for the buyer to discern how good the product truly is.
In reality, those who find things bad are more boisterous whether truly bad or not.

The coaches know this

That is interesting.

He coached inthe NC game.

Wtf have we done besides be the laughing stock of college football since he left.

Frost cant even have a winning season in the sorriest divison in college football.
Frost also coached in a national championship game, give me a break the weakest division in college football. You might think we’re the laughing stock but I wouldn’t go that far, I don’t see the camera on frost near as much as it was on bo just waiting for him to go woody Hayes. You could always tell the turning point in bos coached games, the first time he’d have a blowup the game was over. Everyone was wanting chin fired but his defense hasn’t given up 408 yards rushing to 1 tailback. He hasn’t given up 70 points. But the great defensive guru bozo Pelini has!!!!

This

Everyrhing else is sanctamonius BS.

Agreed 100%.

And over the last 3 seasons at YSU (since the players he brought from Nebraska to YSU are no longer on the roster) his overall record is 16-18.

His conference record over that time frame is 9-15.

That's not lost on the fans here. YSU is one of a few "haves" in a conference of "have nots", relatively speaking.

And if he posts another .500ish season next year, that will be 4 in a row and he's gong to get canned.

He would be wise to take the LSU defensive coordinator position, it's not outside of the realm of possibility that he's being encouraged to look elsewhere.

He's not going to get a P5 head coach offer when he's skating on thin ice at an MVC school. He will have all the talent he needs at his disposal at LSU, and can resurrect his reputation as a defensive minded coach.

DIdn't Frost already have to apologize for berating (the wrong) player on the sideline?
Not sure?
Does Bo apologize? No, not in his way, but a way everyone understands that he's apologizing.

I think SF said things overall that he corrected through apology.

Footballscoop says Bo is under consideration to return to LSU as Defensive Coordinator. My sympathy to LSU fans. RollingLaugh

Supposedly Bo is insisting that if he leaves Youngstown, that his brother Carl be named the replacement head coach.
Your laughing emoji should be after the Carl comment. Bo has been a decent DC in the past. Carl as HC? YHGTBFKM.

Wow. Do you want to post the rest of the embarrassments to Wisconsin under Bo? Lol
So now instead of getting beat by Wisconsin we get embarrassed by the 80 percent of the Big 10 AND Wisconsin for the 5 YEARS......you happier with that???

Lol when are you going to get over it?
Some of these guys will NEVER get over it....they hate being wrong. These the same cats that said a MONKEY could come to Nebraska and get 9 wins remember??

So instead of admitting they were wrong they hold to unleash their rage and hatred everytime Pelini's name is brought up.

Same guys still mad at that their 8th grade girlfriend for dumping him for Billy Joe 40 years ago....

Reactions: oldjar07
Bo isn’t that great of a defensive coordinator, just ask Wisconsin and Melvin Gordon. He was good with elite talent but when that was gone no so good.

Ok some of you guys just cant get past Melvin Gordon or Wisconsin can you? Bo always had top 10 pass defense in the country and shut done numerous quarterbacks who went to the NFL.

Every damn coach has bad games every now n then even Alabama and the likes. I believe Bo coached damn near 100 games for Nebraska and most people only bring the SAME 4 or 5 GAMES.....you realize how that sounds?

Are yall happier with the shet show it's been the last 5 years?? I'm not happy and until the last 5 years I thought we had a chance to win every game we played. Now I just hope to get a win against Illinois and Rutgers...

Reactions: oldjar07
Some of these guys will NEVER get over it....they hate being wrong. These the same cats that said a MONKEY could come to Nebraska and get 9 wins remember??

So instead of admitting they were wrong they hold to unleash their rage and hatred everytime Pelini's name is brought up.

Same guys still mad at that their 8th grade girlfriend for dumping him for Billy Joe 40 years ago....
Don't know who you are, but Bo's record as a head coach overall isn't nine per year,not even close.

You mean like how bo berated Taylor Martinez during a game?

Yeah...But see I am fine with that, I am fine with both of them doing what they did.

Coaches yell at players, players yell back. Coaches hate fans...fans love coaches (when they are winning).

Bo's coaching record is 100-55, not even eight wins per year,or two out of three.
Get off your high horses about Bo.
His record is getting worse each year, as he grinds his way through that program. He's used up all his good players, he has to recruit at a high level in the conference he's in, much like the Big today, not when he was here. I believe his results would leave us heading downwards further,if he were here.
The purdues,the NWs etc are similar to teams in the MVC,where their entire conference is improving, and where Bo has a losing record.

Reactions: Baxter48
Bo's coaching record is 100-55, not even eight wins per year,or two out of three.
Get off your high horses about Bo.
His record is getting worse each year, as he grinds his way through that program. He's used up all his good players, he has to recruit at a high level in the conference he's in, much like the Big today, not when he was here. I believe his results would leave us heading downwards further,if he were here.
The purdues,the NWs etc are similar to teams in the MVC,where their entire conference is improving, and where Bo has a losing record.

While I get what you are saying, I think he means at NU only.

And you remember it I am sure...the old "Even a monkey could win 9 games at NU" line, that was pretty popular.

I think if there is a job bo can excel at it would be as a dc at lsu. you don't have to deal with media, and lsu has talented recruits all around.
plus if he did good there he could be a pro dc. and still not have to deal with the media.
the only thing he would have to work on is not going bo on refs

I think if there is a job bo can excel at it would be as a dc at lsu. you don't have to deal with media, and lsu has talented recruits all around.
plus if he did good there he could be a pro dc. and still not have to deal with the media.
the only thing he would have to work on is not going bo on refs

Yeah, I agree. Like you said, look at the stuff he hated

Recruting
Media
Fans

As DC he really doesn't need to deal with that.

While I get what you are saying, I think he means at NU only.

And you remember it I am sure...the old "Even a monkey could win 9 games at NU" line, that was pretty popular.
We are way past that time.
Rutgers is or was the only Big team where coaching was a joke,recruiting a joke etc.
You need players, Bo failed to get an entire team, a balanced roster,and it got worse each year.
It shows at ysu,comes in with a good start,he runs the program down.
The 2014 all big team only had 8 players,all Bos guys,all completely coached by him, yet the per team average was almost 11 players per team, Bo gave us 8.

Now, going to ysu, similar results are seen, and there ,it showed up on his record much quicker,ysu is no Nebraska,and Bo benefited despite his poor recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT