ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t recognize college football anymore.

Tulane (AAC champion) beat K-State (Big 12 champion). Most likely a bunch of mediocre teams beating up on each other.
True, but Tulane isn't viewed as mediocre. They are 14th in the nation. KSU played five games against teams that finished the year in the top 25. (And two other teams that were top 10 when they played them.) Shoot, people in the Big Ten like to talk up Penn State but they didn't beat anybody in the top 30.

True, but Tulane isn't viewed as mediocre. They are 14th in the nation. KSU played five games against teams that finished the year in the top 25. (And two other teams that were top 10 when they played them.) Shoot, people in the Big Ten like to talk up Penn State but they didn't beat anybody in the top 30.
Hate to be that guy, but... with Howard at QB K-State beats Tulane. I think Martinez only beat one team with a winning record this year, 7-5 TTech.

Hate to be that guy, but... with Howard at QB K-State beats Tulane. I think Martinez only beat one team with a winning record this year, 7-5 TTech.
AMart played (or Collin Klein called) a really weird game in that Tulane loss. K-State lost three. AMart quarterbacked each. Still, Klieman claims there's no way State would have had a 10-3 championship year without him due to his leadership and positive impact on Will Howard.

Reactions: moralvictories
I'm fine with NIL but I wish it couldn't be used to entice recruits or transfers.

I'd like to see players have to earn a starting role on the team first before their value is established and money bags are given to them.

I'm fine with NIL but I wish it couldn't be used to entice recruits or transfers.

I'd like to see players have to earn a starting role on the team first before their value is established and money bags are given to them.
I guess it is just like the multi million contract for the high school baseball draft pick that never amounts to anything.

In a weird way, I wonder if NIL helps college baseball because players can now get paid and get a degree. I think minors loses some of its prior pull.

Ohio State loses bidding war for recruit:

https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg...-nil-ohio-state-georgia-5-star-recruit-report

From article:

“The unnamed player got an offer in the neighborhood of $800,000 per season to play at Georgia, a figure that doesn't even include a reported signing bonus of $1.8 million more on top of that.”
I find myself longing for the 90s and early 2000s for far more than just college football (although everything was much better in CF).
I really find myself getting depressed about the entirety of modern society these days. I wish my kids could have come of age in the 90s like I did. What a great time in retrospect.

Good for whom?

Product has never been better, never been more popular
I disagree. I don't think the level of play is better and I don't see it as being more popular. Seems to me that's there's less parity at the top. But I suppose most would disagree with me. I'm more of an NFL fan than college football fan now.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT