ADVERTISEMENT

HUSKERS VS ATM THREAD!!!!

Come on. This is a lazy, over simplified take. Auburn has mediocre guard play. Texas A&M very clearly had two guards who were both very athletic and on fire from 3. Nebraska had two choice: 1) press out, try to take away the 3 and let them beat us to the rim or 2) play off to stop the drive and let them shoot 3’s. If A&M shoots their normal 3 point percentage, this is a totally different game.

NCAA tournament games are so matchup and shooting dependent. And that’s not conference by conference, it’s team by team. Nebraska had a bad matchup and played a hot team. It happens.

Nebraska needed a true rim protector at 5 to have a prayer today. They don’t have that piece.

lol, Auburn was a much better team than A&M this year, yet in your post you made Auburn sound like a clearly inferior team.

A&M was abusing us at the rim on offense which led to some really good looks from the 3 point line. It ended up not being a coincidence that they shot well from three.

A&M’s guards like their team is alright. We just made them look like all stars tonight

Most nights 83 would be good enough to advance.

Part of it s bad timing in that A&M picks tonight of all nights to shoot 60% from 3. But it surely isn’t a coincidence that for the 2nd game in a row an opponent suddenly scores at will on your defense.
To be fair IL is a really good team. A&M is closer to Indiana than Illinois .. not tonight though

Reactions: dinglefritz
It’s not a conspiracy. There isn’t “the committee”. Members change every year. Win more games, get better matchups. They didn’t know A&M was going to have their best shooting game of the year tonight
There were 2 people on that committee that no doubt are giggling right now. The matchup was purposeful and we weren’t able to matchup.

Tominaga wasn’t athletic enough to stay with their guards. They were longer, more athletic and shot about the best they have all year. They took Mast away and were quick enough to contest 3s when they helped.
True it isn't his offense that is keeping him out of the NBA 😂 definate liability on the defensive side of the 🏀

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Tominaga wasn’t athletic enough to stay with their guards. They were longer, more athletic and shot about the best they have all year.

It was similar to the Creighton game. When the other team shoots standard deviations above their average from 3, it is going to be extremely tough to win.

If there were any athletic deficiencies we would not have been in the tournament. That said, Mast seems to have big trouble with athletic and physical big men.

While it seemed none of our guards could stay in front of their guards, it also seemed our defensive strategy was to funnel them to certain sides and force them to take contested shots at the rim, and by god they made a LOT of those. Were also bailed out by the refs quite a few times, IMO.

After that bed crapping it will be interesting to see if that fat, long-term contract extension comes back to bite the new AD in the rear. Of course the extension might have been endorsed by the new AD before his hiring was announced. Hopefully.

I fully expect A&M to score like 42 points against Houston on Sunday and shoot 10% from 3.
I 100 percent agree!

Nebraska just didn’t play team basketball and feel like Illinois exposed some things. Dribble driving to the basket was very successful just like Illinois did and then combo that with lights out 3 point shooting and good rebounding and to top it off with cherry we can’t shoot very good is pretty much criptonite.

Just feel like we didn’t play as a team. We are either going through sickness with our team or we are having aslump at the wrong time the last game and half.

We basically have struggles with being “tough” consistently all season. I hope we can bring it better next season.

At the end of the day we had great season. We just got to get tougher and Texas a&M is not 20 points better than us. They will be off the next game and look terrible vs Houston. If I’m wrong then more power to A&M.

There were 2 people on that committee that no doubt are giggling right now. The matchup was purposeful and we weren’t able to matchup.
You don't waddle into the tourney and expect to play six straight mopes.
You'd better come ready to go to war. You have to play unconscious in every aspect. They made us look like sick puppies.

still working on your mental health, I see

hope you are well!
Dude. You're shitting all over Hoiberg in the game thread. Let us have just this one. It sucks. But we had a good year. Let us enjoy that. Stop with the conference sucking. It does not. We had a good year. enjoy it. Do NOT use this time to bitch about Hoiberg. It's so immature.

Kong is the worst. You can’t appreciate the fact that we improved drastically this year or else you call it a participation trophy attitude. I’m proud of the team this year, we are clearly going in the right direction. We were competitive this year and were a threat. But we have to keep improving. Hopefully this was a stepping stone year.

Reactions: ru4nu2win
Dude. You're shitting all over Hoiberg in the game thread. Let us have just this one. It sucks. But we had a good year. Let us enjoy that. Stop with the conference sucking. It does not. We had a good year. enjoy it. Do NOT use this time to bitch about Hoiberg. It's so immature.
You knock yourself out enjoying another “good” year that ends in embarrassment

I’ll continue to demand excellence

• Haha
Reactions: DonlugoQ
I 100 percent agree!

Nebraska just didn’t play team basketball and feel like Illinois exposed some things. Dribble driving to the basket was very successful just like Illinois did and then combo that with lights out 3 point shooting and good rebounding and to top it off with cherry we can’t shoot very good is pretty much criptonite.

Just feel like we didn’t play as a team. We are either going through sickness with our team or we are having aslump at the wrong time the last game and half.

We basically have struggles with being “tough” consistently all season. I hope we can bring it better next season.

At the end of the day we had great season. We just got to get tougher and Texas a&M is not 20 points better than us. They will be off the next game and look terrible vs Houston. If I’m wrong then more power to A&M.
Today was the first NU MBB game I've watched in many years. The game was really entertaining the first 5 minutes or so. Then I watched the same undisciplined, shooting that led me to quit watching. I have my hands full watching the less than average Husker football team to waste any emotional energy on a MBB that's probably not going anywhere.

I'm sure Allick and Mast are the best they have, but they are both decidedly not athletic. Even if A & M wasn't so uncharasteristiically hot from the 3 point line, the game would have been closer, but A & M would have still won. When you can't stop the dribble drive its like not being able to stop a football team on 3rd and 2 for an entire game.

I am glad the diehard NU basketball fans had a lot of fun this year. The team gave them hope and overall had a really good season. It's unfortunate they were matched up against a much more athletic team tonight. I guess there's always next year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I love how Nebraska basketball fans complain about unfavorable matchups. Meanwhile teams like Oakland, Yale and Fairleigh Dickinson find ways to win unfavorable matchups in NCAA tournament games
I’m not complaining I’m simply pointing out that there were other number 9 seeds that would have been a better matchup. No go back to the Iowa board and complain about the price of corn and hogs

I'm just chiming in to say I'm as disappointed in this team as I have ever been in a Nebraska athletic team. I had to go to my son's HS baseball game, so I had to record it in hopes of watching later. What's the point? Wait a decade to glimpse this program in the dance and I'm not even going to watch one second of it. I would've watched even if it was a competitive loss, but once again Nebraska basketball is the laughingstock of hoops.
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

I'm just chiming in to say I'm as disappointed in this team as I have ever been in a Nebraska athletic team. I had to go to my son's HS baseball game, so I had to record it in hopes of watching later. What's the point? Wait a decade to glimpse this program in the dance and I'm not even going to watch one second of it. I would've watched even if it was a competitive loss, but once again Nebraska basketball is the laughingstock of hoops.
If there's any solace, at least Trev had a fun day/s

Save yourself the time. The game was literally a 3-pt contest for 12 minutes, then the NBA All-Star game defense (as someone else said) kicked in for Nebraska. NU’s D looked lethargic and A&M’s superior athletes took advantage. A&M was on pace to put up insane points before taking their foot off the gas for the final 5 minutes. The game truly wasn’t as close as the score indicated, to be honest.

Save yourself the time. The game was literally a 3-pt contest for 12 minutes, then the NBA All-Star game defense (as someone else said) kicked in for Nebraska. NU’s D looked lethargic and A&M’s superior athletes took advantage. A&M was on pace to put up insane points before taking their foot off the gas for the final 5 minutes. The game truly wasn’t as close as the score indicated, to be honest.
Yeah, I'd rather staple my sack to my thigh than watch that game. I'm punishing myself by watching the new Roadhouse movie followed by women's basketball.

Too bad top kong can’t make a sensible post like this instead of bitching about the whole game that none of us have control of like a women having her period..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT