ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Bell’s forbidden destinations

HuskerAlum92

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 8, 2007
An interesting list of forbidden destinations. I wonder the reason behind some of them.

I am not a fan of that...let the kid go and let him go where ever he can.

You wouldn't do this to a student that was on a full ride for his/her smarts that was also part of the robotics team or the cancer research team.

It is nice that Bell seems to be okay with it and isn't making a big deal about it.

Reactions: sandiegohawk

You wouldn't do this to a student that was on a full ride for his/her smarts that was also part of the robotics team or the cancer research team.

It is nice that Bell seems to be okay with it and isn't making a big deal about it.
I understand what you are saying and I have not been a fan of it. Have we put conditions on other transfers? This is the first letter I recall seeing

I can understand conditions IF you think they would be able to steal signals or calls/terminology.

But in this day and age coaches pretty much have the other team figured out anyway.

For a normal transfer I would let the player go, but a midseason transfer, I would put restrictions in place. Imagine a kid going to the next school you play only to tell them everything they know.

Reactions: jeans15
For a normal transfer I would let the player go, but a midseason transfer, I would put restrictions in place. Imagine a kid going to the next school you play only to tell them everything they know.
Yeah, I can imagine it. But honestly, what is he going to tell them?

I had a player that found a wrist band from a team we were playing the next week. It had all their plays listed...I looked at it for about 5 minutes and realized that none of it made sense to me and tossed it. For the most part, unless you know what their words mean most of that stuff is useless. It isn't like you know what play they are calling.

I totally get it, I do, I just think it is not the way to do it. But then again, I am wrong about most things.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Yeah, I can imagine it. But honestly, what is he going to tell them?

I had a player that found a wrist band from a team we were playing the next week. It had all their plays listed...I looked at it for about 5 minutes and realized that none of it made sense to me and tossed it. For the most part, unless you know what their words mean most of that stuff is useless. It isn't like you know what play they are calling.

I totally get it, I do, I just think it is not the way to do it. But then again, I am wrong about most things.
I don't remember if it was posted on here, but here is a really funny story where Mike Leach purposely planted a "lost" play script on the field before Oklahoma played Texas. It worked for a while. That dude is the best.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...as-oklahoma-story-mike-leach-fake-play-script

UCF isn't on the list.
gollum-bilbo-meme-meme-generator-so-the-obsession-begins-for-another-day-d41d8c.jpg

I understand what you are saying and I have not been a fan of it. Have we put conditions on other transfers? This is the first letter I recall seeing

I can understand conditions IF you think they would be able to steal signals or calls/terminology.

But in this day and age coaches pretty much have the other team figured out anyway.
He is just the first to post it on social media

This thread title sounds like some kind of Travel Channel show.

"I'm Greg Bell, join me this week as we explore the side of London they won't tell you about in the tour guide!"

Except I'm pretty sure he has a copy of our offensive play book.

I wonder how that works.
Riley probably had hard copies of his so called playbook.
But it would be digital now. Right?
yes, Nebraska uses/ or at least used Ipads, from Hudl I think the past few years, don't know if new staff is on board with it or not yet.......

Except I'm pretty sure he has a copy of our offensive play book.
Well, you turn those back in and they are not "Physical" anymore, they are digital and maybe he copied the entire thing but probably not. Also...even if he did...how would they use it? It isn't like they know the calls.

Well, you turn those back in and they are not "Physical" anymore, they are digital and maybe he copied the entire thing but probably not. Also...even if he did...how would they use it? It isn't like they know the calls.
Wouldn't surprise me if they don't have the software locked somehow and they can tell IF it was attempted or successfully copied. Probably needs to be checked in with all his equipment. Then checked over before release is granted

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Wouldn't surprise me if they don't have the software locked somehow and they can tell IF it was attempted or successfully copied. Probably needs to be checked in with all his equipment. Then checked over before release is granted
or maybe our athletic department wasn't smart enough to do that......yet. Just saying. I'm kind of thinking the bigger deal is that Frost was pissed at him for bailing on the team. I think he finally has had enough after losing Gebbia etal.

or maybe our athletic department wasn't smart enough to do that......yet. Just saying. I'm kind of thinking the bigger deal is that Frost was pissed at him for bailing on the team. I think he finally has had enough after losing Gebbia etal.
Not that Jim rose is always right, but he said Coach Frost and company has finally had enough of the Beavs meddling with their players and thought the Tyjon Lyndsey thing wasn't a knee jerk reaction. Yes this is a Bell thead but thought I'd throw it in because he said it this morning.

Not that Jim rose is always right, but he said Coach Frost and company has finally had enough of the Beavs meddling with their players and thought the Tyjon Lyndsey thing wasn't a knee jerk reaction. Yes this is a Bell thead but thought I'd throw it in because he said it this morning.
I suspect with the new rule there's already been some recruiting of other team's players going on. I have little doubt that OSU contacted Gebbia's family when they found out he hadn't won the job at NU.

THIS. Lets face it Oregon St is no threat to Nebraska football. This block wasn't about Bell it was about telling Oregon state to back the F off. It wouldn't surprise me if smilin mike has been in these kids ears since the start of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT