2022: Arizona State, Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2020-21: UNLV, Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2017-19: Baylor, Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2016: Temple, Offensive Coordinator
2015: Temple, Quarterbacks Coach
2012-14: Atlanta Falcons, Quarterbacks Coach
2008-11: Atlanta Falcons, Offensive Assistant
2005-07: Midwestern State, Offensive Coordinator
2001-04: Midwestern State, Graduation Assistant (Wide Receivers)

Have Satt and Thomas worked together before as co-OC?

I don’t think so. Thomas was QB Coach under Satt and then replaced him as OC at Temple. And then at Baylor Thomas and Nixon were co-OC’s and Satt joined later as TE Coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedCap
The question now is WHO really is the #1 Co-OC? Someone has to be first among equals with the final call. Often times the "Co" title is given to justify a big salary. I expect Thomas has to be getting a massive salary but I don't know who is first among equals here.

Fook yeah, baby

I watched some of 2022 Arizona to see some of the plays they ran under Thomas, and I do like what I saw. Upgrade from Satt’s play calls for sure.

I will caveat, I didn’t love all of what I saw but I liked it, from what I was able to see. Also checked out some of the Baylor plays from Thomas’ time there and it’s pretty good. I think we will see a significant step forward on O.

Rhule gets an A for seeing a weakness and addressing it.

Fook yeah, baby

I watched some of 2022 Arizona to see some of the plays they ran under Thomas, and I do like what I saw. Upgrade from Satt’s play calls for sure.

I will caveat, I didn’t love all of what I saw but I liked it, from what I was able to see. Also checked out some of the Baylor plays from Thomas’ time there and it’s pretty good. I think we will see a significant step forward on O.

But do we know that Thomas will be calling plays?

Fook yeah, baby

Arizona State?

Reactions: JOHNNY N
I think this is a direct shot across the bow at Satt. He better get his shit together next year. Still would love to have Holgerson.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I think this is a direct shot across the bow at Satt. He better get his shit together next year. Still would love to have Holgerson.
Given that they’ve served on two prior coaching staffs together, have known each other for years, and will be working on a playbook together, this isn’t a shot across the bow. This was expected.

Thomas Coaching History
2024: Nebraska, Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2023: Pittsburgh Steelers, Offensive Assistant Coach
2022: Arizona State, Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2020-21: UNLV, Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2017-19: Baylor, Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2016: Temple, Offensive Coordinator
2015: Temple, Quarterbacks Coach
2012-14: Atlanta Falcons, Quarterbacks Coach
2008-11: Atlanta Falcons, Offensive Assistant
2005-07: Midwestern State, Offensive Coordinator
2001-04: Midwestern State, Graduation Assistant (Wide Receivers)
ASU averaged 26 ppg in 2022 with Jayden Daniels at QB.

the definition of Co-

co-
prefix
  1. 1.
    (forming nouns) joint; mutual; common.
    "coeducation"

2. 2.
    (forming adjectives) jointly; mutually.
    "coequal"

I know you teach special-ed, but you can check the official staff directory and Satterfield doesn't have "Co-" next to his name. Still shows Offensive Coordinator.

His last year at Arizona State, his offense was 78th in scoring and 66th in total yards.

Great hire, Rhule!

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
His last year at Arizona State, his offense was 78th in scoring and 66th in total yards.

Great hire, Rhule!
You are a moron when an OC comes in you still have to run the offense the HC wants to run not want you want to run . Go back and look what the offense looked like when Glen and Rhule were together. That will give you a better idea in what to expect.

I know you teach special-ed, but you can check the official staff directory and Satterfield doesn't have "Co-" next to his name. Still shows Offensive Coordinator.
Excerpt from an article -

Satterfield will handle tight ends, in addition to his co-coordinating duties. Josh Martin, who served as interim tight ends coach last season following the resignation of Bob Wager, will return to his role as an analyst for the 2024 season

You are a moron when an OC comes in you still have to run the offense the HC wants to run not want you want to run . Go back and look what the offense looked like when Glen and Rhule were together. That will give you a better idea in what to expect.
Can someone translate this to English, please

Daniels left after the 2021 season, nice try though
I looked on the ASU website and all it had the scores for 2022 but the rest of the site, i.e. roster, etc just kept buffering over and over. One account I read said he was at ASU in 2022, but you're right he transferred to LSU for the '22 season. .

ASU scored 30+ and 40+ ppg in 5 or 6 games, had several in the 14-18 point range, and in 2 games against Stanford and Oregon State scored only 7 points. So, quite a variance in scoring from game to game. They were 3-9 on the year.

The year prior with Daniels they averaged 28.4 ppgs, so only 2 ppg difference. (Not taking into account, starters lost, schedule and other important factors but they were 8-5.)

There was no attempt to deceive anyone, I just was interested in how many ppg they scored since Thomas was the OC/QB coach, almost the same positions (Co-OC/QB coach) at NU.

Last edited:
Don't know how anyone doesn't love this. At worst we have a legit qb coach who can help Satterfield design and call plays.

I personally think the guy has a pretty legit resume as an OC and qb coach. Really nice blend of NFL and college experience. Successful every stop except for maybe ASU but looks like ASU's scoring went down after he left.

Kind of curious why we didn't hire the first time around.

The future looks very bright. Offense should be on it's way.

Don't know how anyone doesn't love this. At worst we have a legit qb coach who can help Satterfield design and call plays.

I personally think the guy has a pretty legit resume as an OC and qb coach. Really nice blend of NFL and college experience. Successful every stop except for maybe ASU but looks like ASU's scoring went down after he left.
to k
Kind of curious why we didn't hire the first time around.

The future looks very bright. Offense should be on it's way.
Rhule was negotiating with the other QB coach that ultimately turned him down and Thomas likely was already into the Steelers deal. So the timing didn't work out before.

Now, I don't know how this move is going to work out but regardless it's a good sign overall that Rhule is willing to take the steps necessary to keep improving. Just like firing a chunk of the support staff was something he was willing to do (including firing Hale who had been with him for a long time).

It usually takes a few days to update the website. But go ahead.

Rhule was negotiating with the other QB coach that ultimately turned him down and Thomas likely was already into the Steelers deal. So the timing didn't work out before.

Now, I don't know how this move is going to work out but regardless it's a good sign overall that Rhule is willing to take the steps necessary to keep improving. Just like firing a chunk of the support staff was something he was willing to do (including firing Hale who had been with him for a long time).
Per Wikipedia, Thomas announced as a Steelers hire on April 5. Peetz turned NU down in December of 2022. NU then The NU staff was than finalized with the hire of Bob Wager as TE coach and Satt as OC/QB coach. I would think that Thomas had to be on their radar at that point, but either they just committed to using Satt to coach QBs or Thomas wasn't interested at the time. The ASU coaching staff was in flux at that time, so who knows what was going on.

If someone has the title of Co- offensive coordinator someone else has to have the same exact title. Just makes sense IMO that doesn’t mean Glen will call plays . It means he will have a major influence in game planning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT