ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Farrell Sports: Nebraska & Matt Rhule Are Better Off Without the Disingenuous Sanctimony of Trev Alberts

I don't give a crap that Trev left, we'll be fine. Also, not clicking on this article. I'm sick of every half-assed media hack in the country trying to drive their "engagement" by writing controversial garbage to work Husker fans into a frenzy. I'm focused on selection Sunday.

We don’t really know what went down, or how Trev’s feelings were hurt. The fact we don’t tells me it’s not particularly scandalous. He doesn’t have thick skin. I think we can safely say that.

I think the real truth is that he just took what he felt was a job upgrade. He didn’t feel any loyalty or sense of obligation to finish what he started. He just left for his own ambition, and used vague innuendos about leadership problems to give him some cover on the way out. I hope he fails. Hard.
That has no basis on any truth. In fact, you're smearing his name to make you feel better about him leaving. It may be as you say, that he is selfish and immature and impatient. And obviously you hope that he fails because that will make you feel better about him leaving you. The truth is, that you're bearing fault witness against him when you know nothing. I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt while you're spitting in his face. Until I hear otherwise, I'm just going to wait and see until I pass judgment.

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I thought he was doing a good job. Everything was going smoothly. But I do know about office politics. So my guess is they said something to him that he said eff it. Maybe he's imperfect. Maybe he's the devil. Right now I give him the benefit of the doubt. Just like you said.
There’s probably blame to be laid on all parties. Trev cut bait. I liked him as AD but I believe that it was extremely weak for him to leave. Jim Rose’s takes on the situation I believe are pretty accurate.

I don't give a crap that Trev left, we'll be fine. Also, not clicking on this article. I'm sick of every half-assed media hack in the country trying to drive their "engagement" by writing controversial garbage to work Husker fans into a frenzy. I'm focused on selection Sunday.
It was obviously click bait.

We don’t really know what went down, or how Trev’s feelings were hurt. The fact we don’t tells me it’s not particularly scandalous. He doesn’t have thick skin. I think we can safely say that.

I think the real truth is that he just took what he felt was a job upgrade. He didn’t feel any loyalty or sense of obligation to finish what he started. He just left for his own ambition, and used vague innuendos about leadership problems to give him some cover on the way out. I hope he fails. Hard.
Here’s the problem… if we don’t really know what went down, why are some passing judgment and wishing failure upon him before the facts come to light?

There’s probably blame to be laid on all parties. Trev cut bait. I liked him as AD but I believe that it was extremely weak for him to leave. Jim Rose’s takes on the situation I believe are pretty accurate.
Something went down that set this whole thing in motion. It wasn't just he reflected and decided that he was in a bad position when the A&m job came available. And you're right. There's probably blame to go around. But something started this whole thing. Trev was at UNO for 12 years and at his dream job for less than 3. Does that sound like job hopping? It sounds like something set him off.

Here’s the problem… if we don’t really know what went down, why are some passing judgment and wishing failure upon him before the facts come to light?
The one irrefutable fact is that Trev bailed out on NU for TAM. That’s a pretty crappy thing to do IMO for multiple reasons regardless of how disrespected he felt.

But we do know the most important facts. Trev left. After being on the job for the less than 3 years, for a lateral move, after we elevated him from obscurity at UNO, with an unfinished stadium expansion project that was his baby.

We know plenty to wish failure upon him.

Reactions: headcard
Didn’t Jim Rose say that he inquired about the A&M job?

A&M had a search firm that chose Trev, and they contacted him not the other way around..

Exactly. If he wanted to hunt for a better job even as he was signing a contract extension, there's nothing stopping him for doing that. But simply taking the new job and moving on isn't good enough for Alberts. He wants everyone to think he's the victim of... something ... that just made it impossible for him to stay in his dream job. Please spare us all of this crap.

That article is pure slam. It doesn't inform the reader, just making every facet of Albert's public life out to be a dishonest exchange.
To me the article casts more doubt on the writer than Alberts.

Didn’t Jim Rose say that he inquired about the A&M job?

A&M had a search firm that chose Trev, and they contacted him not the other way around..
I hadn’t seen or heard Rose say that. The thing I had Rose say was that Trev had higher career goals than being the AD at NU. The timing of TAM’s offer was perfect for him to leave. My guess is that he didn’t like the options for President as well. It sounds like that process is about done.

I hadn’t seen or heard Rose say that. The thing I had Rose say was that Trev had higher career goals than being the AD at NU. The timing of TAM’s offer was perfect for him to leave. My guess is that he didn’t like the options for President as well. It sounds like that process is about done.
Pedey Shine? Who the heck follows him!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT