ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas is Co-OC

Love it even more. You are spending the time to look up my posting history. Your argument is so weak that you are searching posts back to August in order to grasp something. So hilarious.

I was convinced you are an Iowa fan. Now I wonder if I'm really arguing with my wife since you are dredging up old posts to try and prove me wrong. Honey, is that you?
was as simple as using the search function and typing in Satterfield. then again, simple for me may be different than simple for you, and you're clearly embarrassed over another one of your terrible takes being defeated by time.

can't relate unfortunately, but i sincerely hope we can look back on this thread in a year and you'll be the one who was right

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Love it even more. You are spending the time to look up my posting history. Your argument is so weak that you are searching posts back to August in order to grasp something. So hilarious.

I was convinced you are an Iowa fan. Now I wonder if I'm really arguing with my wife since you are dredging up old posts to try and prove me wrong. Honey, is that you?
he's cut from the same cloth as Kong

was as simple as using the search function and typing in Satterfield. then again, simple for me may be different than simple for you, and you're clearly embarrassed over another one of your terrible takes being defeated by time.

can't relate unfortunately, but i sincerely hope we can look back on this thread in a year and you'll be the one who was right
Embarrassed by what? I absolutely love when people go back and drag up old posts. It tells me you have no real argument.

It's ok, you can admit you aren't a Husker fan. Lots of people hang out on this site who aren't Husker fans. The fact that you don't think this is an upgrade over 2023 tells me you aren't actually one.

when you love something, you owe it your utmost honesty. when you pity something, you sugarcoat the truth with blind optimism. i love Husker football, many of you only love being "Nebraska nice"

Embarrassed by what? I absolutely love when people go back and drag up old posts. It tells me you have no real argument.

It's ok, you can admit you aren't a Husker fan. Lots of people hang out on this site who aren't Husker fans. The fact that you don't think this is an upgrade over 2023 tells me you aren't actually one.
keep telling yourself that. showing evidence of your dogshit takes on the exact same topic is 100% relevant to the argument, but its inconvenient for you because you know you can't defend that take anymore.

hope you and your wife's son have fun watching the games this year, i hope we finally take the next step as a program and get some good wins!

Reactions: oldjar07
when you love something, you owe it your utmost honesty. when you pity something, you sugarcoat the truth with blind optimism. i love Husker football, many of you only love being "Nebraska nice"

keep telling yourself that. showing evidence of your dogshit takes on the exact same topic is 100% relevant to the argument, but its inconvenient for you because you know you can't defend that take anymore.

hope you and your wife's son have fun watching the games this year, i hope we finally take the next step as a program and get some good wins!
Breakdown his resume on why this is a bad hire compared to having Satterfield as the OC/qb coach. And don't give me the "I wanted Dana Holgerson" take. Straight up compare this:

Satterfield OC/qb coach
Josh Martin TE coach

To this:
Satterfield Co-OC/TE coach
Thomas Co-OC/Qb coach
Josh Martin Offensive analyst

• Haha
Reactions: thall__
i will be vindicated by time, as per usual. you will be left looking like a bumbling idiot, again. is this you waxing poetic about how great Frost was?

"they are doing it the right way" is an all-time terrible take.

delete your account
The difference between you and me is I admit when I was wrong, which I was about Frost. But by all means, keep telling yourself that you will be vindicated "as usual."

Breakdown his resume on why this is a bad hire compared to having Satterfield as the OC/qb coach. And don't give me the "I wanted Dana Holgerson" take. Straight up compare this:

Satterfield OC/qb coach
Josh Martin TE coach

To this:
Satterfield Co-OC/TE coach
Thomas Co-OC/Qb coach
Josh Martin Offensive analyst
unfortunately, adding a 3rd piece of shit to 2 existing pieces of shit does not turn it into filet mignon.

hopefully i'm wrong, though!

The difference between you and me is I admit when I was wrong, which I was about Frost. But by all means, keep telling yourself that you will be vindicated "as usual."
i'm glad you were willing to be honest when you were wrong, and i really hope i'll have to eat crow on this particular take.

i'm curious, do either of you allow yourself to have concerns over the team based on prior evidence? or do you enter each season with a brand new slate, expecting to win every game?

Don't know how anyone doesn't love this. At worst we have a legit qb coach who can help Satterfield design and call plays.

I personally think the guy has a pretty legit resume as an OC and qb coach. Really nice blend of NFL and college experience. Successful every stop except for maybe ASU but looks like ASU's scoring went down after he left.

Kind of curious why we didn't hire the first time around.

The future looks very bright. Offense should be on it's way.
We’re Nebraska Fans….we complain and whine about everything….but donut with a smile to keep
That “nicest fans” trophy

unfortunately, adding a 3rd piece of shit to 2 existing pieces of shit does not turn it into filet mignon.

hopefully i'm wrong, though!

i'm glad you were willing to be honest when you were wrong, and i really hope i'll have to eat crow on this particular take.

i'm curious, do either of you allow yourself to have concerns over the team based on prior evidence? or do you enter each season with a brand new slate, expecting to win every game?
Who is a better qb coach: Satterfield or Thomas?

Who is a better qb coach: Satterfield or Thomas?
hard to tell. looking at the most recent performance of both before Nebraska, they're nearly identical.

i will concede that Spencer Rattler is probably a better QB than what Thomas had at Arizona St.

hopefully Thomas!

i don't really care how his replacements did if they were both bad to middle of the pack. i'm also more concerned with what he's done lately than I am what he did 4-6 years ago.

i'm not turning anything into a negative, i'm stating reality based on available information. getting hyped up on coaches you had to google is how we always wind up in November and December screaming for them to be fired. would've much preferred Holgorsen, but hope Thomas is legit.
Not sure why you are so concerned though. He's not calling plays. He's coaching the QBs and having some input on the offense. When he was co-oc he has been pretty good. OC by himself I agree some mixed to negative results.

Per Wikipedia, Thomas announced as a Steelers hire on April 5. Peetz turned NU down in December of 2022. NU then The NU staff was than finalized with the hire of Bob Wager as TE coach and Satt as OC/QB coach. I would think that Thomas had to be on their radar at that point, but either they just committed to using Satt to coach QBs or Thomas wasn't interested at the time. The ASU coaching staff was in flux at that time, so who knows what was going on.
That's what I don't understand. Why wasn't Glenn Thomas hired last year. He was not part of the new coaching staff at Arizona State. I think he would have been looking for a new job at about the same time that Rhule was putting his staff together. He got hired by the Steelers in the spring of last year. It's interesting.

I'm thinking that if Rhule was interested now, he would have also been interested in Thomas back then. So it was Thomas' call. With his NFL experience, he may have been more interested in getting back into the NFL. That pension plan is pretty nice. But now with the OC fired, the Steelers will be making a few staff changes on that side of the ball.

Reactions: Truewooper
That's what I don't understand. Why wasn't Glenn Thomas hired last year. He was not part of the new coaching staff at Arizona State. I think he would have been looking for a new job at about the same time that Rhule was putting his staff together. He got hired by the Steelers in the spring of last year. It's interesting.

I'm thinking that if Rhule was interested now, he would have also been interested in Thomas back then. So it was Thomas' call. With his NFL experience, he may have been more interested in getting back into the NFL. That pension plan is pretty nice. But now with the OC fired, the Steelers will be making a few staff changes on that side of the ball.
I remember when Dawson did that stint in the pros, there was the deal that another year got him pension qualified. Doubt we are going to know how that played out last year.

The Big Picture

Is the offensive coaching staff better than 2023? Probably.
Is the offensive line better? Probably.
Is the tight end room better? Probably.
Is the RB room better? Probably.
Is the receiver room better? Probably.
Is the QB room better? Probably.

Had we been just a little better on offense last year, we could have flipped as many as 5 L's to W's.

So Imma be positive.

Sprinkles and glitter for e'erbody.
Even with the unproductive offense, without looking, didn't NU lose 3 games either at the buzzer or in overtime?

That changes the record from 5-7 to 8-4 last year. The little difference that makes the big difference..

Last edited:
Given that they’ve served on two prior coaching staffs together, have known each other for years, and will be working on a playbook together, this isn’t a shot across the bow. This was expected.
This. Nothing less, nothing more.

hard to tell. looking at the most recent performance of both before Nebraska, they're nearly identical.

i will concede that Spencer Rattler is probably a better QB than what Thomas had at Arizona St.

hopefully Thomas!
Well it makes sense now. You are just arguing to argue. You are unwilling to breakdown what you don't like and won't tell me which one you would take.

Resume A:

Temple qb coach (13 & 14)
South Carolina qb coach (2021 & 2022)
Nebraska qb coach (2023)

Resume B

Midwestern State qb coach (2004 - 2007)
Atlanta Falcons qb coach (2012 - 2014)
Temple qb coach (15 & 16)
Baylor qb coach (17 - 19)
UNLV qb coach (20 & 21)
ASU qb coach (22)

One guy has 14 years directly coaching qbs with 3 as an NFL qb coach.

The other has 5 total years as a qb coach.

But you are flipping a coin?

throw up team america GIF

Reactions: The Usual
Well it makes sense now. You are just arguing to argue. You are unwilling to breakdown what you don't like and won't tell me which one you would take.

Resume A:

Nebraska qb coach (2023)

Resume B

UNLV qb coach (20 & 21)
ASU qb coach (22)

He's been called out on his bs so many times in the past few days and won't own his mistakes. I gave him the benefit of the doubt a couple days ago but now I'm convinced he's a troll.

Resume A:

Nebraska qb coach (2023)

Resume B

UNLV qb coach (20 & 21)
ASU qb coach (22)

that's nice honey, I'm more interested in production, not a Wikipedia job history column. Makes sense why he gets your panties wet now

for the 5th or 6th time, I hope he's great!

dingle, i like you so it pains me that i have to do this to you. you've droned on about variables too many times in the past and ended up looking stupid for it. here's one of many examples, you wanting to keep Frost after multiple failure seasons:
And at that time that was correct.

• Haha

Glenn probably looked at our QB room last year and said no thanks☹️

It wasn't then, and certainly isn't now.

But if that's the version of the truth you need, then go ahead
You don’t make predictions on firing a coach for W/L record without knowing about things like injuries. Ireland sealed Frost’s fate IMO. At that point he had to win to save his job and he didn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
that's nice honey, I'm more interested in production, not a Wikipedia job history column. Makes sense why he gets your panties wet now

for the 5th or 6th time, I hope he's great!
Maybe the best thing about this is the guy who is in charge of hiring has literally moved Satterfield twice to make room for Thomas to be qb coach. But you can't decide. Lol. You're a doozy.

You don’t make predictions on firing a coach for W/L record without knowing about things like injuries. Ireland sealed Frost’s fate IMO. At that point he had to win to save his job and he didn’t.
Haha okay. I'm amazed you're still defending Frost, but every man has to have something.

He's been called out on his bs so many times in the past few days and won't own his mistakes. I gave him the benefit of the doubt a couple days ago but now I'm convinced he's a troll.
Oh heavens no, an unemployed manlet on the message board thinks i'm a troll.

glad you're thinking about me over multiple days. can't say I've ever thought about you.

Maybe the best thing about this is the guy who is in charge of hiring has literally moved Satterfield twice to make room for Thomas to be qb coach. But you can't decide. Lol. You're a doozy.
I'm willing to wait and see.

Where do you predict the 2024 Huskers finish in scoring offense? Ballpark range?

The guy who doesn't give straight answers is now asking questions? Classic.
I told you I think they're about the same in terms of ability. Can't control it made you pissy.

So again, where do you predict they'll end up in scoring offense by the end of the year? Doesn't have to exact, can be a range, like 50-70ish

I told you I think they're about the same in terms of ability. Can't control it made you pissy.

So again, where do you predict they'll end up in scoring offense by the end of the year? Doesn't have to exact, can be a range, like 50-70ish
You're coach thall and you have 2 applicants for qb coach. Who do you pick? Resume A or B? Have to pick one to fill your staff.

Figured it out. You must be a politican. Won't give a straight answer.

2 choices, you have to pick 1. And you won't do it. How awesome.
sorry your question sucks? flip a coin, i don't care because they're both shit.

since you're clearly too afraid to put an opinion out there, i'll do it for you.

Huskers won't finish in the top 50 for total offense or scoring. if i'm wrong on either, i'd love for you to bring up this thread and we can celebrate the successful season

You're doing the Lord's work by trying to reason with this boob, but understand, he's a troll. No amount of logic is going to change him.
remember when you compared Frost to Tom Osborne after multiple losing seasons?

Yes, or rather I'm confident Frost and his staff have learned a bitter lesson about the B1G. The sniping I'm hearing about Frost is the same damned thing I heard about TO from 73 to 78......9-3? Pffft. Still can't beat OU. Remember the old joke that it took TO three hours to drive from Lincoln to Omaha because he wouldn't pass? Well, TO learned some valuable lessons in the late 80s. He revamped his offense and defense, and the rest is history.

Would you have have fired TO in 89? I'm guessing you would have.

honesty is so foreign to some of you that it comes off as trolling, which is sad.

it's like talking to a drug addict; i can tell you why your brain is a mess, but i can't do the understanding for you too.

sorry your question sucks? flip a coin, i don't care because they're both shit.

since you're clearly too afraid to put an opinion out there, i'll do it for you.

Huskers won't finish in the top 50 for total offense or scoring. if i'm wrong on either, i'd love for you to bring up this thread and we can celebrate the successful season
Someone has taken your family hostage. There are only 2 choices. A or B. No wrong choice but you have to pick one or your family is gone. And you would pick neither.

Only 2 applicants and you don't have a qb coach. Fall camp starts tomorrow and you have to fill your qb coach opening or you get fired. You don't hire either. So hilarious how hard you are trying to not say Thomas is an upgrade.

It might be very painful for you, but you can admit Thomas is an upgrade over Satterfield as a qb coach. That isn't you saying he is good. It isn't you saying anything about his coordinating skills. It's a simple comparison of the 2 as coaches. You can still think both suck.

Someone has taken your family hostage. There are only 2 choices. A or B. No wrong choice but you have to pick one or your family is gone. And you would pick neither.
so by your analogy, nebraska football is being held hostage by thomas or satterfield? well that's a stark contrast to you wetting yourself over satterfield's genius last year, and thomas this year.

not reading the rest of your post. show some conviction in your beliefs our go flaunt your pussy somewhere else, sweetheart.

so by your analogy, nebraska football is being held hostage by thomas or satterfield? well that's a stark contrast to you wetting yourself over satterfield's genius last year, and thomas this year.

not reading the rest of your post. show some conviction in your beliefs our go flaunt your pussy somewhere else, sweetheart.
Those are scenarios where you would need to choose. I love when people try so hard to not answer questions.

It's like if I told you to choose between 2 beers you don't like. You really couldn't ever decide. Ever? Even if Jeff Bezos gave you a million dollars to pick? C'mon man. What are you so scared of?

Only 2 applicants and you don't have a qb coach. Fall camp starts tomorrow and you have to fill your qb coach opening or you get fired. You don't hire either. So hilarious how hard you are trying to not say Thomas is an upgrade.

It might be very painful for you, but you can admit Thomas is an upgrade over Satterfield as a qb coach. That isn't you saying he is good. It isn't you saying anything about his coordinating skills. It's a simple comparison of the 2 as coaches. You can still think both suck.
Thomas is an upgrade. However, Satt had the oft-maligned Spencer Rattler available at South Carolina. He threw for over 3k at a 60% clip and Satt won 8 games. If NU had won 8-9 games with Rattler in 2023, we wouldn’t be talking about an upgrade to Satt.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Thomas is an upgrade. However, Satt had the oft-maligned Spencer Rattler available at South Carolina. He threw for over 3k at a 60% clip and Satt won 8 games. If NU had won 8-9 games with Rattler in 2023, we wouldn’t be talking about an upgrade to Satt.
The fact that Rhule has moved Satterfield twice to accommodate Thomas tells me all I need to know. I doubt Satterfield feels he is better or else he wouldn't make the move.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT