ADVERTISEMENT

Frost comments are some of the reason...

B1G RED RULES

First Team All-Big Ten
Sep 7, 2013
...for the fan meltdowns. I was at the game and many fans surrounding me we just as negative.

Shortly after he was hired, Frost was more cautious and calculated when he talked expectations. Then as summer conditioning and fall camp proceeded, you started hearing things like “this offense could be special” and just last week Frost saying he expects to be in the B1G championship game. Comments like that amped me up more because I thought he was seeing something truly special with the talent Nebraska had previously recruited plus what he had injected.

With the results we have seen, I would have been less disappointed in the product if the expectations had been more tempered. Scott Frost is the right man, he just had me thinking we would see more immediate success in the non conference schedule.

...for the fan meltdowns. I was at the game and many fans surrounding me we just as negative.

Shortly after he was hired, Frost was more cautious and calculated when he talked expectations. Then as summer conditioning and fall camp proceeded, you started hearing things like “this offense could be special” and just last week Frost saying he expects to be in the B1G championship game. Comments like that amped me up more because I thought he was seeing something truly special with the talent Nebraska had previously recruited plus what he had injected.

With the results we have seen, I would have been less disappointed in the product if the expectations had been more tempered. Scott Frost is the right man, he just had me thinking we would see more immediate success in the non conference schedule.
IN FAIRNESS, he probably was thinking:
-going to get a warm up game
-got TWO special quarterbacks, not none (available)

But you are right...temper and exceed

I get what you’re saying OP and i tend to agree. But the coaches are in a tough spot and can’t lower expectations because they are coaching a bunch of guys who were left to rot by the previous staff. I also think that many on his staff aren’t used to Nebraska fans dissecting every word. For example, Verduzco said “That Cat can run” regarding Bunch. Well maybe at UCF you can get away with saying something like that but not in Nebraska where we’ve had qb’s like Frazier, Crouch, Frost, Lord, TMart, etc. We as fans have to be patient. We will probably win 2-3 games this year but as long as we’re competitive, and finish strong in recruiting, then we’re headed in the right direction.

I get what you’re saying OP and i tend to agree. But the coaches are in a tough spot and can’t lower expectations because they are coaching a bunch of guys who were left to rot by the previous staff. I also think that many on his staff aren’t used to Nebraska fans dissecting every word. For example, Verduzco said “That Cat can run” regarding Bunch. Well maybe at UCF you can get away with saying something like that but not in Nebraska where we’ve had qb’s like Frazier, Crouch, Frost, Lord, TMart, etc. We as fans have to be patient. We will probably win 2-3 games this year but as long as we’re competitive, and finish strong in recruiting, then we’re headed in the right direction.
Better to inflate expectations and then lose the first two games?

Reactions: kbowe1sat
He can't even run his offense with Bunch he's that terrible. If we had healthy Martinez or Gebbia was still here, we win against Colorado and we blow out Troy. Our offense is much closer to the version we saw against Colorado where we put up 550 yards and left another 100 yards on the table with drops. It's not the anemic shitshow of an offense we ran with Bunch because Bunch can't even throw a downfield pass without throwing into triple coverage.

Culpepper and Bortles went to UCF and are better QB's than any of those you mentioned, especially with running. Quit making it sound like you're better when you aren't. Your team is garbage and the reason you are losing games you shouldn't is because your culture sucks. Your fan base exemplifies your culture too. Get over yourselves.

I also think that many on his staff aren’t used to Nebraska fans dissecting every word. For example, Verduzco said “That Cat can run” regarding Bunch. Well maybe at UCF you can get away with saying something like that

Uhh no. We thought the guy was a dope fiend, and likely doing bong hits during breaks at practice. Smokin

Culpepper and Bortles went to UCF and are better QB's than any of those you mentioned, especially with running. Quit making it sound like you're better when you aren't. Your team is garbage and the reason you are losing games you shouldn't is because your culture sucks. Your fan base exemplifies your culture too. Get over yourselves.

Go back to your board, pos. How many games did your team win during 2015? How many heisman trophies do you have? There are high school teams in America with larger fan bases than UCF.

Go back to your board, pos. How many games did your team win during 2015? How many heisman trophies do you have? There are high school teams in America with larger fan bases than UCF.

The zero win season launched us into a different level, I'm glad it happened-it cleared out the bad front office culture that had developed from all the WINNING. Your viewpoints are antiquated, but after the last 10 months or so I've come to associate that word with Nebraska football (and their fans) as a whole. As for your last statement you're trying feebly to be condescending, but in reality you just are coming across weak and uninformed. If you knew anything about UCF you wouldn't make those statements. Welcome to the new age!

Last edited:

Apparently you are not capable of thinking for yourself, and that's Frost's problem?

Get over yourselves? Dude you just mentioned players from your PAST. We have plenty of players from the past.

How about Dave freaking Rimmington...you know as in the Rimmington award...yeah...that guy.

Name me a DT that was on the level of House-Of-Spears Suh, whom was absolutely ROBBED of the Heisman, at UCF.... I'd wait but I'd be here for a long, long,....long time.

Name me a running back like Rozier, or A. Green, or Lawrence Philips, despite his off field issues.

Crouch was good enough for the Heisman as well and I'd take him on the college field all day against Culpepper....not even to mention Frazier on the college field for goodness sake.

Keep dreaming Nebraska won't get better. Pelini kept Nebraska winning for crying out loud.

The zero win season launched us into a different level, I'm glad it happened-it cleared out the bad front office culture that had developed from all the WINNING. Your viewpoints are antiquated, but after the last 10 months or so I've come to associate that word with Nebraska football (and their fans) as a whole. As for your last statement you're trying feebly to be condescending, but in reality you just are coming across weak and uninformed. If you knew anything about UCF you wouldn't make those statements. Welcome to the new age!

I’m a millennial so I’m part of this “new age”. We have ways to go to be a top team (UCF is not on this list, sorry) but we’re in good hands. Not sure why you came over trying to start things. I feel sorry for you, I really do.

Reactions: husker2612
I’m a millennial so I’m part of this “new age”. We have ways to go to be a top team (UCF is not on this list, sorry) but we’re in good hands. Not sure why you came over trying to start things. I feel sorry for you, I really do.

No worries, everything will work itself out. Please don't feel sorry for anyone, especially myself.

Not to mention Moos opening his mouth about how we have Michigan and OSU running a little bit scared

We can still make the Big 10 championship game. These losses have no effect on the season, except to give players valuable experience in close games, and to teach them the meaning of details, composure, and focus. There have been dozens of examples of teams dropping to competition like FCS teams and then bouncing back to win 7 of 9 to finish the season. This team is humbled and now aware that have the national coach of the year does not automatically make them winners. They need to put in the work in practice and then on Saturday.

Reactions: dinglefritz
We can still make the Big 10 championship game. These losses have no effect on the season, except to give players valuable experience in close games, and to teach them the meaning of details, composure, and focus. There have been dozens of examples of teams dropping to competition like FCS teams and then bouncing back to win 7 of 9 to finish the season. This team is humbled and now aware that have the national coach of the year does not automatically make them winners. They need to put in the work in practice and then on Saturday.

Can you name an example of a team starting conference play in the third or 4th week of the season that is winless going on to win their conference division - perhaps some exist

I’m going to go ahead and predict we aren’t winning 7-9 games.

You getting amped up is on you. Remember the quote “you better get us now.....”? WTF do you expect him to say? “Hey we’re gonna suck for awhile, get used to it.” What kinda message does that send to the team? Everyone knows damn good and well we’re not gonna play in the B10 championship but you sure don’t send a message to the team that he doesn’t believe in them by scheduling a makeup game on that day! WTF is wrong with you people? Your expectations, good or bad are on you and if you expected this to be easy and ended up butthurt it’s on you.

Go back to your own board buddy, or I’m coming over there to unleash hell. I read that you’re getting on your own fans for baiting Trolls. A little hypocritical, aren’t you?

I’m ****ing suicidal this morning and you’re not helping

Who knows where we end up but we do seem a bit snake bit in the OOC. First game canceled, second game Martinez injured, this game we hold a team to 253 total yards and lose.

Last year was the low point for me as a fan, this year is the first step back. That said we need to find a center and a corner back these two players are killing us. Most of the bad plays these two positions are involved as the reason why

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Wow, the UCF obsession over Frost and the Huskers continues. Are you guys really going to run to the Husker board every time the Husker team struggles this year while your trying to pound your chests like your anything special? Wasn’t long ago your shit team went 0-12. I doubt you had one Husker fan on your board, after ever game talking crap. UCF success won’t last long at all. So enjoy it now I guess, in a few years Frost will have the Huskers playing at a high level while UCF falls back into the cracks again.

Go back to your own board buddy, or I’m coming over there to unleash hell. I read that you’re getting on your own fans for baiting Trolls. A little hypocritical, aren’t you?

I’m ****ing suicidal this morning and you’re not helping
There’s a helpline you should call for that. Also it’s just football.

Wow, the UCF obsession over Frost and the Huskers continues. Are you guys really going to run to the Husker board every time the Husker team struggles this year while your trying to pound your chests like your anything special? Wasn’t long ago your shit team went 0-12. I doubt you had one Husker fan on your board, after ever game talking crap. UCF success won’t last long at all. So enjoy it now I guess, in a few years Frost will have the Huskers playing at a high level while UCF falls back into the cracks again.
UCF is set up pretty well for the next ten years. When they get into a P5 conference I see them being like a TCU.
With Nebraska if Frost doesn’t work I see us turning into a volleyball school

Last edited:
Reactions: footnfan1

Not to mention Moos opening his mouth about how we have Michigan and OSU running a little bit scared

What did you expect SF to say. We are not trying to win the west division. How does that sit with players. He is trying to change the culture back to your championship years. If you coach says we are not going to win the division, you are then telling everyone you do not expect to win. Realistic, maybe not, but right attitude to your players.

Maybe you missed what Martinez was doing prior to the injury. The offense *was* special and it's going to be special when he returns. Geez...

Reactions: footnfan1
Just like the fanbase, I don’t think he thought we would be 0-2.
Lighten up, we're a storm and a couple of mistakes from 3 and 0. Sometimes, results aren't measured by wind and losses.

Outside of a couple teams, the Big 10 has several winnable games

It's in Orlando — already in "the cracks."
Yup, Orlando looks like a real shit hole of a place!

MOQkl3.png

Ignorance is bliss!

Do you need me to explain what that means Cornfumbler?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT