ADVERTISEMENT

Dead horse

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

I know @Pennsyhusker does not tweet, but the comments on chubby Sams latest tweet bear out what I was referring to about the masses excusing Parrella. Click the link.

I know @Pennsyhusker does not tweet, but the comments on chubby Sams latest tweet bear out what I was referring to about the masses excusing Parrella. Click the link.
Good find and thanks for tagging me. That shits gold right there. Another piece of evidence that supports your case.
And it just so happens that last night I got a group email from some old high school friends of mine from Lincoln. We have a little email group chat that we have been doing now for years. Anyway... subject of Scott Frost came up (of course) and toward the end of the conversation about six or seven people started saying that they hope Frost keeps Parella. Damn!
Looks like I am gonna have to revise my view of the Parella thingy. Lol

Hmmm.

JP only had 2 years! He needs more time!

JP is a nice guy, we should give him more time!

JP is a former Husker, we should cut him some slack! The other coaches are pulling him down!

JP has fire in practice and eventually it will show up on the sidelines if you give him more time!

JPis the best available young up-and-coming coach, we can't miss this opportunity to keep him!

JP is a late bloomer! Give him some time!

JP played in the 90's and that's what we need to get back to the 90's!

JP knows other former Huskers and if we keep him, he could convince some others to jump on board and coach here too! Could you imagine a staff full of 90's Huskers? **omg... where's my lotion?!?**

JP, as a former Husker, will keep former players on the coach's side and you won't hear a word from people like Jason Peter as long as former Huskers make up the staff!

Former players make the best coaches. Remember ow well Solich worked out? We need former players!

JP understands tradition. We need a former player on the staff to teach the players and other coaches about tradition!

JP has a nice smile. Have you seen his smile?

JP's technique doesn't work well with Diaco. Once Diaco is gone, JP can teach the way he wants to teach and the DL will be nasty!

JP has worked under two different DC's at Nebraska. You can't expect him to learn a new system so quickly!

JP says if you let him coach under another DC, the third time will be the charm!

JP > Hank Hughes

JP is a former Husker, how could we get anyone better!?

JP knows football. (Say it out loud in your best Bo Jackson impression)

JP is a link to the past! How many different ways can I say that before you understand!?!

JP's coaching skills are like a fine wine...

JP has fire! Eventually it will rub off on his players, he just needs the right lotion (Frost) to get it started!

JP was at the right place at the wrong time! Next year is his time!

Frost needs former players to help teach tradition. Once we have tradition, the wins will come so fast! Then we will win so much that we will get tired of winning!

JP is from the tradition coalition! We need that!

JP had the fire until the nice coach showed him other ways to coach without raising his voice and yelling at the players! Riley is keeping him down on the sidelines!

Must I go on? :Cool:

I'll be truthful. None of us have seen enough of him to know if he is good or bad. He is coaching on a bad defense and the defensive line is no better or worse than the rest of the defense. We give him slack because he is from Nebraska. Nothing wrong with that but if the next coach has someone better wouldn't it be in our best interest to aim for the best?

I'll be truthful. None of us have seen enough of him to know if he is good or bad. He is coaching on a bad defense and the defensive line is no better or worse than the rest of the defense. We give him slack because he is from Nebraska. Nothing wrong with that but if the next coach has someone better wouldn't it be in our best interest to aim for the best?
Yep

I don't know either, but, assuming Frost is coming that is his best chance of being retained given his roots. Frost likely has been passively evaluating our coaches all year and has already decided his fate

Matt Patricia would struggle under Disco and his defensive scheme.

Matt Patricia would struggle under Disco and his defensive scheme.
That is the trouble here. Last year was Parella's first year and he was confronted with a severe lack of experience and depth on the line. And this year he has more experience and depth, but is laboring under this ridiculous new scheme. Furthermore, the lack of physicality in our practices is also beyond his control.

I have zero idea therefore if he is a good, bad, or average coach. I do think he recruited well last year. Who knows what Frost will do with him?

I don’t think I’m sharing anything that hasn’t already been shared, but last I heard discussions were down to staff decisions. Frost wants to bring whole staff with him. Possibly the AD thinks a mostly junior staff may not equip the program to compete for recruits or against other senior staffs. Can’t blame the AD if that is a request, and I assume it will be worked out.

If I’m a “CEO” of an athletic program, I would also be interested in making sure my fairly new head coach has some senior experienced assistants with him, but at the end of the day, if he’s the head coach you want, you’ll let him do it his way.

I don’t think I’m sharing anything that hasn’t already been shared, but last I heard discussions were down to staff decisions. Frost wants to bring whole staff with him.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...coaching-staff-together-ucf-knights/84200198/
Frost's CFU staff has a variety of programmatic ties, but 2 of the coaches are CFU guys. I had read the tea leaves as that Walters might stay behind to become the next HC.
But if Frost wants to bring the entire group up to Lincoln, I am more than good with that.

Hank Hughes DL ran circles around Parellas. That's all anybody needs to know.

Hank Hughes DL ran circles around Parellas. That's all anybody needs to know.

Who were the DT’s Hank inherited? I heard a rumor that there were three of them and 2 are in the NFL right now, and the third transferred after Hank left and played for MSU

Come on now, spill the beans—- what did Parrella do to you? it’s not your fault, it’s not your fault.......
Not a thing. Just like his results on the field. But by all means keep turning it into something else.

Who were the DT’s Hank inherited? I heard a rumor that there were three of them and 2 are in the NFL right now, and the third transferred after Hank left and played for MSU

Doesn't matter. Riley hasn't been afforded that excuse. It's Parella's unit and they are beyond pitiful this year.

Less than a coin flip that Parella returns. The DL coach at UCF may or may not make the trip to Lincoln, and Frost may have someone else in mind.

We're talking about how sorry Parella is right now, go find a Riley thread to bitch on.

Hey, in addition to the other 3 DT’s, there was also another DT/DE that was a 3 year starter that quit football (1 year eligibility left) but stayed on campus the year Parrella started that could’ve helped, remember him? Let me know if you can remember the other guys names too- they sure would’ve helped last year.

The coaching resume of the person we hired to replace Hughes read

High school football coach
1 year assistant at a community college
2 years experience DL coach at D2 northern Michigan

0 D1 coaching experience
0 D1 recruiting experience

The above doesn’t mean he can’t be successful but he was by no means qualified.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
The coaching resume of the person we hired to replace Hughes read

High school football coach
1 year assistant at a community college
2 years experience DL coach at D2 northern Michigan

0 D1 coaching experience
0 D1 recruiting experience

The above doesn’t mean he can’t be successful but he was by no means qualified.

No problem with that— you also have to factor in that he was a 12 year NFL DLIneman. Btw... who is the D-coordinator for Houston Texans? Is he qualified?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT