ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 8.0 no name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anytime we can get some actual information it is useful. Most of this information we are getting so far is just a product of testing ramp up. You cannot discern anything useful out of most of it. That is why these models have failed so horribly.

I will add that we should all be wary of Bill Gates. This is the "pandemic" he has been dreaming about his entire life.

He wants to implant you with a tracking chip.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...r-coronavirus-during-reddit-ama/#1538cf76a72f

IMHE models that were so far off from reality, you guessed it, funded by Bill Gates

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/media-center/press-releases/2017/01/ihme-announcement

Look who are some of his friends.

bill-gates-2018-resized.jpg

ET5mImRUcAAZQJU
But, then again....
three-wise-monkeys-not-see-not-hear-not-speak-vector-21859214.jpg

Last edited:
We don’t agree on everything, models have been wrong, but they are never 100% right. Are there models you’ve seen that were right or better? How should we make decisions. Do you agree that social distancing and shelter in place orders have significantly reduced the amount of infections and death to this point?

I think we will have seen some orders have been more strict than necessary or possibly enacted before they were needed. But, other places, NYC, Michigan and New Orleans would have been better served by enacting measure more quickly and more forcefully.

I know we agree that the quicker we recover the better, but I know we don’t agree on the best way to accomplish that.
yes, I think these measures have played a role. as has the fact this virus wasn't nearly the death sentence many alarmists feared it would be. as has the fact our healthcare system was much more agile in their response than many feared it would be.

I don't think, as has shown in places like NE, which didn't formally enact stay-at-home orders at all, that kind enforcement is necessary, nor would it have saved as many lives as folks like you want to think.

the virus has shone a light on areas that are, sadly, a lot poorer and unhealthy than others. places that are much more likely to lean on government aid for food at home & at school. a government that, as nutritionists have proven, have had the food pyramid completely inverted for the last 40 years.

the healthier the country as a whole, the lower the death rate. not the more forceful the mediation, the lower the death rate.

I haven’t been asked to sacrifice anything yet, have you?

If you have been saving "money", you have been sacrificing every day of your life.
Gates as the new George Soros. Needed as George is long in the tooth. Saw about half of a Qish anti-Gates YouTube vid a couple of days ago. We are in a “plan-demic”. Completely bananas.

Not saying the Gates planned the "pandemic", but the whole framework he has set up was looking for THE pandemic. And they were ready to strike and be the heroes of all mankind. This is not that pandemic. When all is said and done, the mortality rate for this is going to be very low. (I know I'm an insensitive assh*le that doesn't care for human life, but that is farther from the truth, but I don't really care what you think about me). You do not govern a people from a position of compassion. If so, you will always lose.

If you have been saving "money", you have been sacrificing every day of your life.

Not saying the Gates planned the "pandemic", but the whole framework he has set up was looking for THE pandemic. And they were ready to strike and be the heroes of all mankind. This is not that pandemic. When all is said and done, the mortality rate for this is going to be very low. (I know I'm an insensitive assh*le that doesn't care for human life, but that is farther from the truth, but I don't really care what you think about me). You do not govern a people from a position of compassion. If so, you will always lose.
Your major problem is not that you are an insensitive rectal cavity, it’s that you misunderstand the basic rules of viral biology. As of now, 22k deaths for 557k reported cases in the US, WITH social distancing. Both deaths and actual infections under reported. Assume a 50% infection for the US and a 3% death rate in a let it “wash over” approach. That’s 4.5 million deaths. Jigger the numbers one way or another, but the med system would fail and people would die in their homes (already happening) and on the streets.
This is the pandemic Gates warned about.

I have lived in poverty and known sacrifice growing up. I’ve saved, but that isn’t a sacrifice, it’s called saving for a rainy day.

You can govern with compassion, the lack of compassion, tolerance and greed of Government led to the founding and revolution in our country.

I have lived in poverty and known sacrifice growing up. I’ve saved, but that isn’t a sacrifice, it’s called saving for a rainy day.

You can govern with compassion, the lack of compassion, tolerance and greed of Government led to the founding and revolution in our country.

Just got off the phone and I said to my mom that people think I'm insensitive, and she said "Well, you kind of are." LOL.

The problem is that if your savings is in money you are losing value everyday in relation to those that own hard assets (the rich). The wealth divide is growing further and further and this event and the $2 trillion, so far, is doing nothing but exacerbating that fact.

I've been working since I've been in the 5th grade. If I wanted Nike basketball shoes, or anything "name brand", I had to pay for it by myself.

Moving on...like several of us have said for a few days now.

https://money.yahoo.com/fauci-says-rolling-reentry-us-162516528.html

Rather than flipping a switch to reopen the entire country, Fauci said a gradual process will be required based on the status of the pandemic in various parts of the U.S. and the availability of rapid, widespread testing. Once the number of people who are seriously ill sharply declines, officials can begin to “think about a gradual reentry of some sort of normality, some rolling reentry," Fauci said.

In some places, he said, that might occur as soon as May. “We are hoping that, at the end of the month, we could look around and say, OK, is there any element here that we can safely and cautiously start pulling back on? If so, do it. If not, then just continue to hunker down," Fauci said.

Whenever restrictions ease, Fauci said, “we know that there will be people who will be getting infected. I mean, that is just reality. “
And again, it won't be Trump OR Fauci making that decision. It will be governors and city officials on a case by case basis. They'll no doubt heed the CDC's guidance but make no mistake, some states use more realistic common sense than the CDC.

Just got off the phone and I said to my mom that people think I'm insensitive, and she said "Well, you kind of are." LOL.

The problem is that if your savings is in money you are losing value everyday in relation to those that own hard assets (the rich). The wealth divide is growing further and further and this event and the $2 trillion, so far, is doing nothing but exacerbating that fact.

Nah, I just have money on the sidelines in addition to my other investments. I like to think of myself as middle class, but am definitely not.

yes, I think these measures have played a role. as has the fact this virus wasn't nearly the death sentence many alarmists feared it would be. as has the fact our healthcare system was much more agile in their response than many feared it would be.

I don't think, as has shown in places like NE, which didn't formally enact stay-at-home orders at all, that kind enforcement is necessary, nor would it have saved as many lives as folks like you want to think.

the virus has shone a light on areas that are, sadly, a lot poorer and unhealthy than others. places that are much more likely to lean on government aid for food at home & at school. a government that, as nutritionists have proven, have had the food pyramid completely inverted for the last 40 years.

the healthier the country as a whole, the lower the death rate. not the more forceful the mediation, the lower the death rate.
I think that New York originally intended to have voluntary stay at home guidance but New Yorkers largely have their head up their ass. I listened to a "progressive" radio interview of a NY Times columnist with regards to Cuomo's and DeBlasio's handling of the crisis there. They didn't do jack sh## until the middle of March. I think back in early February I was posting on here that New York needed to shut down mass transit. Once they figured out that they had screwed up they started screaming for ventilators they didn't need to shift political blame to Trump from themselves. Despicable piss ants. Of course the NYTimes guy had lots of "reasons" why they were so slow to act.

And again, it won't be Trump OR Fauci making that decision. It will be governors and city officials on a case by case basis. They'll no doubt heed the CDC's guidance but make no mistake, some states use more realistic common sense than the CDC.

I think we’re mostly on the same page there.

But, I think it will be hard for local politicians to swim against the currents if and when the administration/federal government lifts recommendations, especially in an election year. Placing restrictions in was easy with the NBA, athletics and world guidance saying to be cautious. If Trump is standing at the podium saying America is open for business it will be damn hard to push back on that on a local level.

I think we’re mostly on the same page there.

But, I think it will be hard for local politicians to swim against the currents if and when the administration/federal government lifts recommendations, especially in an election year. Placing restrictions in was easy with the NBA, athletics and world guidance saying to be cautious. If Trump is standing at the podium saying America is open for business it will be damn hard to push back on that on a local level.
well even with shutting down the bars, restaurants and non-essential shops, we're still pretty much open for business here. Our governor has way more common sense than most government officials. Shelter in place makes zero sense. The idea that somebody gets arrested for going for a drive or boat ride is just ridiculous. There's pretty good evidence coming out that this deal isn't quite as contagious as some would think. Yes aerosols from coughs, sneezes and close quarters shared air are not good, but it is likely that the run on hand sanitzer wasn't necessary.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I think that New York originally intended to have voluntary stay at home guidance but New Yorkers largely have their head up their ass. I listened to a "progressive" radio interview of a NY Times columnist with regards to Cuomo's and DeBlasio's handling of the crisis there. They didn't do jack sh## until the middle of March. I think back in early February I was posting on here that New York needed to shut down mass transit. Once they figured out that they had screwed up they started screaming for ventilators they didn't need to shift political blame to Trump from themselves. Despicable piss ants. Of course the NYTimes guy had lots of "reasons" why they were so slow to act.

Complete agreement that New York responded horribly. And continue to grandstand rather than work together to fix the issues.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Speaking of governors making choices this should be a no brainer for every state that doesn't want mail in ballots

Your major problem is not that you are an insensitive rectal cavity, it’s that you misunderstand the basic rules of viral biology. As of now, 22k deaths for 557k reported cases in the US, WITH social distancing. Both deaths and actual infections under reported. Assume a 50% infection for the US and a 3% death rate in a let it “wash over” approach. That’s 4.5 million deaths. Jigger the numbers one way or another, but the med system would fail and people would die in their homes (already happening) and on the streets.

Nope. My problem is that I do understand the basic rules of viral biology. Yes, they are exponential at the beginning of an outbreak, but that is not sustainable, and it is really a small world after all. Any model based off of exponential growth to infinity is flawed and that has just been proven from these models being wrong from the get go. 2 million. 200k, 100k, significantly less than 100k. Go back in to your hole and hide in fear.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/graph-theory-suggests-covid-19-might-be-a-small-world-after-all/

I was sick in the middle of March. I was out for about 10 days from work, sick for about 3 weeks total... For the beginning of my sickness, which I felt fine except had a cough with occasional shortness of breath but was nothing at first. I had this for about 7 days. I then, 1 week later, developed a fever on March 15th. I then had a fever for 7 out of 10 days, for 3 out of 7 days I could not breath right. I could inhale, but felt like there was no air exchange happening at the alveoli part of my lungs. My chest was tight and no matter what position I layed in, I felt like I couldn’t breath. I didn’t sleep for over 36 hours at my worst and begged my wife, who is also a nurse, to take me into the ER to drug me because I felt if I didn’t sleep and heal, I would end up in The ER on a ventilator.
For 7 out of 10 days I had a fever, the highest being 101.5. I was out March 15- 24th from work in total. I was negative for influenza A and B, and RSV. I also was tested for SARS COV-2 and was negative. I believe I had a false negative. My doctor was the one who had to give the test and was upset the whole time because the nurse who took my info/statement, didn’t know I was a nurse myself. Which I was able to qualify due to that reason alone. I believe he didn’t swab back far enough into my nasopharyngeal area and he didn’t do a throat swab as the testing had changed 24-48 hours prior to me coming in to be seen. They no longer do throat swabs in conjunction with nasopharyngeal testing where I live. My nasopharynx was so dry and I could not taste or smell for 3-4 weeks, that I think it led to my false negative test.

What I had, I had never had before in my lifetime. This was not similar to the flu, pneumonia, or bronchitis. This crap is serious!
All I can say is that I’m glad Tim Waltz placed the shelter in place when he did. We are due to peak April 23 or so where I live. With the shelter in place laws, I feel we are/have flattened the curve. I’m a 42 yo male with a past Hx of Asthma that no longer needs therapy as I out grew it playing sports in Junior High. I’m one of the lucky ones..

Last edited:
Reactions: jmliehr
Nope. My problem is that I do understand the basic rules of viral biology. Yes, they are exponential at the beginning of an outbreak, but that is not sustainable, and it is really a small world after all. Any model based off of exponential growth to infinity is flawed and that has just been proven from these models being wrong from the get go. 2 million. 200k, 100k, significantly less than 100k. Go back in to your hole and hide in fear.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/graph-theory-suggests-covid-19-might-be-a-small-world-after-all/

That’s been said around here a few times and makes sense, people in higher density locations with more social contacts will naturally spread more quickly than those who don’t.

But there is one caveat in the article.

"This analysis is early in the outbreak of COVID-19 and cannot predict the length of the outbreak nor the final fatality," they write.

So this could lead to better predictions, and we obviously need better data and models.

The welfare state is as much to blame as anything for the higher % of deaths in poor communities.

The very govt the poorest are told every 4 years cares most for them is directly responsible for feeding them and their children absolute trash, causing overwhelming numbers of comorbidities. These programs, and the people championing them, should be dropped/restructured immediately. Not done away with for lower taxes, restructured to actually help people get off them as opposed to incentivizing the perpetual cycle.

Sadly, these very same communities that have been taken advantage of for decades have succumbed worst to the virus.

If this was a healthcare crisis, then why is this happening? Waiting for your thoughtful and factual response.

https://www.healthcaredive.com/news...te-rising-need-for-healthcare-workers/575448/

The welfare state is as much to blame as anything for the higher % of deaths in poor communities.

The very govt the poorest are told every 4 years cares most for them is directly responsible for feeding them and their children absolute trash, causing overwhelming numbers of comorbidities. These programs, and the people championing them, should be dropped/restructured immediately. Not done away with for lower taxes, restructured to actually help people get off them as opposed to incentivizing the perpetual cycle.

Sadly, these very same communities that have been taken advantage of for decades have succumbed worst to the virus.

What is your solution? Less assistance? More regulations? Bigger government to fix? Or just let them go hungry?

Not exponential to infinity, but logistic to herd immunity. Do you know the estimated herd prevalence % for the US population? I used 50% for my calcs, but in the absence of mitigation procedures, it’s higher than that. Dunning Kruger much?

What is your solution? Less assistance? More regulations? Bigger government to fix? Or just let them go hungry?
More partnership with the private sector, incentivizing apprenticeships and employment trends for the individual and incentivizing provable community outreach for companies.

The thought of the government shrinking is, very sadly, a pipe dream. But the govt should be directly in charge of as little as possible when it comes to bettering an individual’s lot in life, as it’s proven over decades to do the opposite with its programs.

Last edited:
If this was a healthcare crisis, then why is this happening? Waiting for your thoughtful and factual response.

https://www.healthcaredive.com/news...te-rising-need-for-healthcare-workers/575448/

Because dentist were considered non-essential and tons have closed offices, you aren’t going to send people trained to clean teeth to manage patients in an ER, likewise clinics and elective surgeries have had drastic drops. A surgeon and nurses doing tummy tucks and boob jobs, or podiatrists or sports medicine practices don’t have much to do, so a lot were laid off to focus funds for health systems to expand bed capacity and keep losses lower.

Haven’t seen it posted yet, a treasure trove of FOIA emails show internal government alarm bells and delayed reactions, especially by Dr Lawler from UNMC.

He was raging via email chain, but saying publicly this wasn’t the time to panic?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-red-dawn-emails-trump.html

https://www.wowt.com/content/news/O...victims-debunks-misconceptions-567993371.html
Trump was supposed to take a key meeting on this, but got pissed and bagged it when some of this info leaked and the stock market tanked. Times Corona coverage is outside the paywall. Give it a read.

Reactions: jlgformk
Because dentist were considered non-essential and tons have closed offices, you aren’t going to send people trained to clean teeth to manage patients in an ER, likewise clinics and elective surgeries have had drastic drops. A surgeon and nurses doing tummy tucks and boob jobs, or podiatrists or sports medicine practices don’t have much to do, so a lot were laid off to focus funds for health systems to expand bed capacity and keep losses lower.
Doubt I could get into my orthopedist if my knee arthritis flared up to get a steroid shot right now.

Trump was supposed to take a key meeting on this, but got pissed and bagged it when some of this info leaked and the stock market tanked. Times Corona coverage is outside the paywall. Give it a read.

I think Trump and his administration have been acceptable post response, but it’s clear there are some issues.

Maybe we should have a bipartisan review post pandemic?

They weren’t laid off to focus funds anywhere else, as you claim.

They were laid off because their source of revenue (patients) were no longer allowed to come to their business, so they couldn’t make payroll. Just like many other small businesses.

I think Trump and his administration have been acceptable post response, but it’s clear there are some issues.

Maybe we should have a bipartisan review post pandemic?
This virus would have challenged even the most nimble of administrations. Both W and Obama’s people took pandemic preparedness with the utmost seriousness. That clearly did not happen here.

They were laid off because their source of revenue (patients) were no longer allowed to come to their business, so they couldn’t make payroll. Just like many other small businesses.
No longer allowed because of mitigation procedures put in place so that the critical care part of the medical system didn’t fall apart.

Small, medium and large integrated health systems have absolutely furloughed and laid off staff. Even the standard practice docs who are open for business as usual are seeing massive no show rates. That’s people choosing not to go to the doctor, not being told not to go.

I’ll provide a link to one below, but my other sources are the system I worked at for 12 years and the one one my wife currently works for and has been tracking no shows for.

https://www.healthcaredive.com/news...onavirus-layoffs-Senate-stimulus-bill/574694/

Small, medium and large integrated health systems have absolutely furloughed and laid off staff. Even the standard practice docs who are open for business as usual are seeing massive no show rates. That’s people choosing not to go to the doctor, not being told not to go.

I’ll provide a link to one below, but my other sources are the system I worked at for 12 years and the one one my wife currently works for and has been tracking no shows for.

https://www.healthcaredive.com/news...onavirus-layoffs-Senate-stimulus-bill/574694/
All of my fams appts have been cancelled

No longer allowed because of mitigation procedures put in place so that the critical care part of the medical system didn’t fall apart.

The majority of clinics aren’t a part of larger systems.

And, mitigation practices or not, they’re in the unemployment line now. Sadly, no directives from government to stem that flow.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
Dental hygienists and other HC prosfessiobals) cannot currently work and aren’t trained as respiratory therapists. Are you arguing in good faith here? I kind of hope you aren’t.

And, recent evidence suggest this is not a viral pneumonia issue and ventillators actually exacerbate the problem.
Doubt I could get into my orthopedist if my knee arthritis flared up to get a steroid shot right now.

Go ahead and make light of the situation.

https://www.waff.com/2020/04/09/huntsville-hospital-system-furloughs-reduces-hours-employees/

https://ktvl.com/news/local/thousan...employment-providence-says-no-massive-layoffs

http://archive.is/Sa1KL

Is this what you expect in the middle of a "pandemic"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT