ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 8.0 no name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I found interesting from the Germany article is that the Chinese person that brought the virus to Germany only infected her colleagues and not other people in the hotel where she was staying.

"He said Germany's patient zero had only infected her colleagues and not other guests or diners at the hotel she had been staying at."

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8182767/Scientist-casts-doubt-coronavirus-spread.html

Whereas in the 2014 virus study:

"In hotels, the virus traveled between rooms as workers cleaned the rooms. "If you hear someone coughing in the room next door, the virus they have may be in your room the next night," Gerba wrote in an email to Live Science."

Source: https://www.livescience.com/47730-virus-spread-offices.html
There's so many unknowns, blood types, diabetes, hypertension, even possible genetics.
Besides what wuhan is, life on surfaces, seasonal etc.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
Reactions: OzzyLvr
We get those serology tests going, add in known current patients and cured, the virus runs out of targets.

Getting back to work with safest practices created is doable.

Idiots who are worried about sports are just that idiots.

This virus isn't near over.

And its waiting for stupid people to give it more hosts.

People who improved from Covid are now testing positive again

If only Fauci were as woke as the fda head is

While Hahn also echoed President Trump’s assertion that the U.S. can “see the light at the end of the tunnel,” he did not go so far as to give a date when the country could reopen and social distancing guidelines could be relaxed. Trump has recently mentioned May 1 as a possible date for at least parts of the country to reopen, even as governors in many states have said the crisis will go on much longer.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fd...ery-close-to-the-peak-of-coronavirus-pandemic

He doesn't allow himself to wander out of his lane

Global deaths from communicable disease so far this year - 3,645,886

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/

I live in the USA

We have selfish assholes who want to open the economy prematurely.

So it's going to be worse.

Then take your ass into public touch on everything and talk in people's face since you think it's no big deal

The virus is killing black people at a high rate and you wsnt black kids coming together to associate and pass a deadly viruss among them becase of sports and school?

They are stupid as well.

And apparently arent paying attention to what's going on.

We had 2000 deaths yesterday.
JJR is right. We only will die if we wait for it, taking many with us, leaving no means to carry on.
The transition is coming, peak means peak.
It has peaked in some areas for awhile now,going through others at peak now, others close to peak, some, not close to peak, but few areas, and in low populations.

JJR is right. We only will die if we wait for it, taking many with us, leaving no means to carry on.
The transition is coming, peak means peak.
It has peaked in some areas for awhile now,going through others at peak now, others close to peak, some, not close to peak, but few areas, and in low populations.

That's because we are staying home.

This isn't rocket science...lol

I live in the USA

Then take your ass into public touch on everything and talk in people's face since you think it's no big deal

The virus is killing black people at a high rate and you wsnt black kids coming together to associate and pass a deadly viruss among them becase of sports and school?
Go tell that to a farmer, a store clerk, a trucker, a food processor.
Go tell that to the millions of children who will go hungry.

Go tell that to a farmer, a store clerk, a trucker, a food processor.
Go tell that to the millions of children who will go hungry.

They are selfish assholes if they dont care about people dying.for their personal profit. Shitty people.

So I would be glad to tell them that. S

We are all struggling so what.

They are selfish assholes if they dont care about people dying.for their personal profit. Shitty people.

So I would be glad to tell them that. S

We are all struggling so what.
it's okay to be scared.

let it all out.

I live in the USA

Did I say anything about sports? And, I'm of the mind that the economy shouldn't have been shut down in the first place. It's not selfish. I'm still employed, i'm still going to work. In fact my life hasn't changed much other than going out to eat Friday and Saturday night. Which now I do curbside pick up and tailgate dining in the parking lot.

And, on average 8,200 die a day in the US. How many died yesterday? Was it greater than average for that time of year? A 2,000 fear mongering number with no context is just that, fear mongering.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

according to this, we, as a country, peaked 2 days ago.

time to get back to work, and time to get kids back on campus to resume workouts/spring practice. keep them quarantined in dorms, restrict travel to only football-specific areas.

end of August will be here before we know it.

While it makes for headlines, NYC has peaked, Washington appears to have peaked. Macro levels are easy, but as models have shown they don’t mean a whole hell of a lot for how the virus spreads.

We need to manage at a local level with support and guidance from from state and local government. Meaning if local city/county government fails then the state should step in. If a state fails the federal government should step in.

Track and manage infections through widespread testing.

I live in the USA

This is indeed troublesome, I think it’s a social economic issue where black people are more likely to live in larger densities and tighter quarters due to economic disparities. I’m white, I don’t pretend to know your experience, but I hear you and hope we can help reverse the trends that have led to this.

Reactions: jeans15
This is indeed troublesome, I think it’s a social economic issue where black people are more likely to live in larger densities and tighter quarters due to economic disparities. I’m white, I don’t pretend to know your experience, but I hear you and hope we can help reverse the trends that have led to this.

I want all.peope to.live no matter their color.

If you die from this you die alone not with your family around you.

People are talking over Walky talkies to their loved ones before they die.

Just a stranger and other sick people. That's no way for people to spend their last days.

Glad Faucis finally caught up some, Ive been saying this for a week or more.
Good to see someone like him seeing the need. And so soon too.

You are delusional if you think you are saying the same thing. He is saying IF we can control, we can begin to open back up. You have said basically, let the bodies hit the floor and those are just acceptable risks for father Capitalism!

Reactions: jeans15
Did I say anything about sports? And, I'm of the mind that the economy shouldn't have been shut down in the first place. It's not selfish. I'm still employed, i'm still going to work. In fact my life hasn't changed much other than going out to eat Friday and Saturday night. Which now I do curbside pick up and tailgate dining in the parking lot.

And, on average 8,200 die a day in the US. How many died yesterday? Was it greater than average for that time of year? A 2,000 fear mongering number with no context is just that, fear mongering.

And, the whole premise of your argument is that somehow we have control over these specific deaths. Like these deaths are different than the other 6,200 deaths a day on average that we have no control over. Bull f'ing sh!t. We are not gods.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
Nope dont want people dying alone.

Its ok ti be a selfish asshole ..keep it in.

Maybe they should have saved better...pull themselves up.by their bootstraps
17M+ jobless due to COVID

21k deaths from COVID

perhaps, thanks to very selfless heroes like yourself, that jobless number will hit 25M by week's end?

after all, everyone knows unemployment has no impact on children, quality of life, overall health, early mortality, etc.

You are delusional if you think you are saying the same thing. He is saying IF we can control, we can begin to open back up. You have said basically, let the bodies hit the floor and those are just acceptable risks for father Capitalism!
No,retcon again.
Ive consistently said, we have no choice, we can't hide, but we can't overstress our med resources to leave some without.

You're right.
We need no electricity, can grow our own food,right?

There are HUGE efforts to keep electricity flowing. Sealing off plants and control areas, requiring PPE to interact with staff. Bringing in temporary living quarters in case of need, bringing in food rations in case they are needed.

Waiting for jeans15 to be dismissed as one o' them there librull dew-gooders who's been brainwashed by MSNBC.

Popcorn's on.

There are HUGE efforts to keep electricity flowing. Sealing off plants and control areas, requiring PPE to interact with staff. Bringing in temporary living quarters in case of need, bringing in food rations in case they are needed.
Good.
Temp testing on the job, great idea.
Partitions, limited contact,great ideas.

Reactions: bluenrg
You're done. No helping you in understanding.

Please...you have said we need to open up now, people are going to get it and die so let’s just get it over with.

Fauci said we can open after we have controls in place, maybe in May.

I’m happy to be proven wrong if you’ve said otherwise, but you have beat the open it up and let things fall where they fall drum all along.

Please...you have said we need to open up now, people are going to get it and die so let’s just get it over with.

Fauci said we can open after we have controls in place, maybe in May.

I’m happy to be proven wrong if you’ve said otherwise, but you have beat the open it up and let things fall where they fall drum all along.
No, Ive said the comission likely will granulate down to the county level, give advice and helps.

That includes as local an area as can be, in consideration of all known facts.
Ive also said just how much serology testing will help going forwards.
Do you believe retconning exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT