ADVERTISEMENT

Covid 8.0 no name calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

You link me a video made by the Epoch Times to try to support yourself?

That is insane right-wing propaganda. It's run by friggin' Falun Gong.

The Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper.[2] It was founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement. Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues, it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.

Meanwhile, the NIH says the following based on actual research:

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2020/03/26/genomic-research-points-to-natural-origin-of-covid-19/

Please try to not ingest garbage and think it's actual news. That is such a huge, huge problem on this board as it is.

Reactions: big red22
We're going to have deaths no matter what. Flattening the curve likely doesn't significantly lower the number of total deaths it just spreads them out over more time. The question is now, with what population immunity has developed, at what point can we resume more normal life? Obviously IMO we need to continue diligent hygiene practices and some form of social distancing but we have to get people back to work or it won't matter how many lives we save from here on out. IF you want dramatic social change and dramatic governmental upheaval, by all means we should just go to lockdown.

I was the FIRST one on this board to sound an alarm after Marlowe's question about Corona virus in the very first thread. NOW it's time to take a step back from the ledge. We've got this. Keep up social distancing. Keep up what should be standard hygiene practices. Be a responsible citizen. Get back to work.

It is this simple.

The Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper.[2] It was founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement. Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues, it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2020/03/26/genomic-research-points-to-natural-origin-of-covid-19/

Please try to not ingest garbage and think it's actual news. That is such a huge, huge problem on this board as it is.

I see you as a “do as I say, not as I do” kinda guy. Amiright?

We still order out....safer than grocery shopping.

Stay well!
BTW, I haven't seen any documented cases of people picking up CV while grocery shopping. Just be careful and we'll be fine. We order out at least once per week from our favorite restaurant. A young guy just bought it about a year ago and this should be ramping up to his busiest time of year. His wife and brother and their families all work there. This is killing them. The only thing keeping them going is loyal customers picking up carry out right now. The thing most people don't realize with a lot of food services is that the beverages is where a good chunk of the profit is at. I bought $500 worth of gift cards that we won't use until maybe next winter if things go well. Even then I'll probably give as gifts. I told him if he needed a some help that I would buy more. Edit add: AND we TIP generously even though it's carry out. 25-30%. We HAVE to do what we can as individuals to help self employed small business people.

Last edited:

And the new york times reported the holocost from the back pages, well steeped in a twisted ideal in reporting.
If one thing knocks media down, they've failed each and every one of us.

And the new york times reported the holocost from the back pages, well steeped in a twisted ideal in reporting.
If one thing knocks media down, they've failed each and every one of us.

*Holocaust.

I don't really know what you're trying to say.

BTW, I haven't seen any documented cases of people picking up CV while grocery shopping. Just be careful and we'll be fine. We order out at least once per week from our favorite restaurant. A young guy just bought it about a year ago and this should be ramping up to his busiest time of year. His wife and brother and their families all work there. This is killing them. The only thing keeping them going is loyal customers picking up carry out right now. The thing most people don't realize with a lot of food services is that the beverages is where a good chunk of the profit is at. I bought $500 worth of gift cards that we won't use until maybe next winter if things go well. Even then I'll probably give as gifts. I told him if he needed a some help that I would buy more. Edit add: AND we TIP generously even though it's carry out. 25-30%. We HAVE to do what we can as individuals to help self employed small business people.
I've heard people getting their tips pulled, really sad.

Look, you look into ongoing and history of certain media, look into the ny times coverage of the holocaust.

Well this is seriously stupid what-about-ism. I can speak to this issue, but I am choosing not to because it has nothing to do with anything.

Well this is seriously stupid what-about-ism. I can speak to this issue, but I am choosing not to because it has nothing to do with anything.
True, neither does my post is more true than yours.
Beyond the hype, twisting,spinning etc, are real sources within most stories, no matter who promotes them, for their various povs,politic,hate etc.

My point is, just because something comes from a source someone dislikes, its the sources that are important, and is important they're named and referenced.

Many stories today offer no counter facts with other resources, countering,or simply expanding what we should know.

Living on one side of the fence reduces one knowledge of the facts.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
You need to check yourself on the claim that Trump took this seriously. I can give you a list of things Trump has said that indicates that he didn't.....or, at the very least, was worried about the wrong things. And spare me the "aspirations" or "being a cheerleader for America" bull crap. That's like saying that the key to the Huskers getting another NC is to get better cheerleaders.

430,000 people came into the US from China between the outbreak and the travel ban (and another 43,000 after it)....and don't use Biden and Pelosi calling it xenophobic as an excuse. Them saying that had nothing to do with the spread of the virus.

You need to read the "Red Dawn" e-mails. I can forgive mistakes made by Fauci and other experts, and even Trump himself, that are due to not dealing with this before. What I can't forgive are unforced errors made by Trump that are solely due to his personality and stubbornness.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/...tion=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

If you don't trust the link, then fine...but they do have 80 pages of e-mails linked for the public to read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-red-dawn-emails-trump.html

Here's a very telling exchange about the Europe travel ban right after it was announced...and in case you need some more info, here is a link on Dr. James V. Lawler, who is part of this chain:
https://www.unmc.edu/intmed/divisions/id/faculty/lawler.html

11dc-virus-reconstruct-doc16-articleLarge.jpg
the thing to remember with this deal is that the WORST outbreak in the U.S. is in New York. Who runs that state? Who blasted Trump for the Chinese travel ban? Now in hindsight we can see that 80% of the cases in New York came from people returning from Europe or coming to the U.S. for business etc. As late as the second week of March, NEW YORK and the media's darling Cuomo ignored the CDC's guidance and warnings. To this day, the subways are fully operational. There's plenty of blame to go around for Monday morning arm chair QBs. Leading during an unknown crisis is not a perfect science. I would have shut down mass transit on the east coast back in late February. but I realize that would have likely been politically impossible for New York to do that at that time.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and nwualum
the thing to remember with this deal is that the WORST outbreak in the U.S. is in New York. Who runs that state? Who blasted Trump for the Chinese travel ban? Now in hindsight we can see that 80% of the cases in New York came from people returning from Europe or coming to the U.S. for business etc. As late as the second week of March, NEW YORK and the media's darling Cuomo ignored the CDC's guidance and warnings. To this day, the subways are fully operational. There's plenty of blame to go around for Monday morning arm chair QBs. Leading during an unknown crisis is not a perfect science. I would have shut down mass transit on the east coast back in late February. but I realize that would have likely been politically impossible for New York to do that at that time.
Yea, but then you wouldn't have been elected, politics at its more local locale mirrors that of the people in those locales.

Trump says he is the one to restart the economy, not the governors
But I can't figure out, except the bully pulpit, what he can actually do?
Call federal employees back to work? can they ignore stay at home state orders?
It's a complicated situation and maybe he has powers, but it is not obvious to me what he in fact can do?

It's a complicated situation and maybe he has powers, but it is not obvious to me what he in fact can do?
It is upon the governors.
But, a president can use essential needs as a reason to open certain things up
The state can't stop fed agencies

the gov't is set up to expressly limit every branch's powers, including the president's.

which is why it's all the more curious a move for people to make it their life's work to either support or tear down the figurehead in chief.

Reactions: dinglefritz
His point is, he's in the most difficult seat, but also thr best seat to offer advice.
So, he's stepping up and telling those who are ready, time is nearing.

Texas has already started to form their own back to work/opening up group

the gov't is set up to expressly limit every branch's powers, including the president's.

which is why it's all the more curious a move for people to make it their life's work to either support or tear down the figurehead in chief.
Exactly right, a president is the focus of the people for the people.
No one can expedite like a president.

Getting the ear of your elected congressman can get you a petition in the house to be argued.
Getting the ear of a president gets it done now.

Exactly right, a president is the focus of the people for the people.
No one can expedite like a president.

Getting the ear of your elected congressman can get you a petition in the house to be argued.
Getting the ear of a president gets it done now.
except it doesn't.

unless it's an executive order, which are extremely rare and also limited in use case, the president needs plenty of sign-off before anything gets done.

His point is, he's in the most difficult seat, but also thr best seat to offer advice.
So, he's stepping up and telling those who are ready, time is nearing.

Texas has already started to form their own back to work/opening up group
The quick results of a president are easily undone by congress if not popular, while the majority of people may think otherwise.
In the end, no ones record is as widely displayed as a presidents, and that office is limited by reelection, and is so visable and direct, the people react one way or another.
Whereas, in the house, they took a voice vote on the highest,or largest spending this country has ever done, in the history of mankind, so, no one knows how they voted.

except it doesn't.

unless it's an executive order, which are extremely rare and also limited in use case, the president needs plenty of sign-off before anything gets done.
No, there are powers acts, not an order, that can be implemented.
Congress votes on acts, which often come from an executive order, as presidents have had to act in our past in a timely way.
They are okayed by congress, but lately, congress has acted like they don't know this very basic fact.
In such scenarios, congress always pull short of going to the supreme court who would back up such precedence,and site previous law, as in, congress already voted on, and approved such actions.

While sometimes it isnt clear whether it fits those guidelines, congress will challenge the courts, but in a pandemic, its likely a presidents powers used withiin certain acts are fully legal and is fruitless to challenge.

Doesn't this contradict your original statement that it was man-made? This video basically says they mismanaged the research and the virus got loose while studying it, not that it was made in a lab.

I don't even understand your original comments on the spikes on the virus.

I don't think anyone is arguing that China didn't completely hide what was going on. But there isn't much out there stating that China made the virus and released it. There is much more to the contrary on that point.

Wow

robertfkennedyjr
Verified

LINK IN BIO. Vaccines, for Bill Gates, are a strategic philanthropy that feed his many vaccine-related businesses (including Microsoft’s ambition to control a global vac ID enterprise) and give him dictatorial control over global health policy—the spear tip of corporate neo-imperialism.
Gates’ obsession with vaccines seems fueled by a messianic conviction that he is ordained to save the world with technology and a god-like willingness to experiment with the lives of lesser humans.
Promising to eradicate Polio with $1.2 billion, Gates took control of India ‘s National Advisory Board (NAB) and mandated 50 polio vaccines (up from 5) to every child before age 5. Indian doctors blame the Gates campaign for a devastating vaccine-strain polio epidemic that paralyzed 496,000 children between 2000 and 2017. In 2017, the Indian Government dialed back Gates’ vaccine regimen and evicted Gates and his cronies from the NAB. Polio paralysis rates dropped precipitously. In 2017, the World Health Organization reluctantly admitted that the global polio explosion is predominantly vaccine strain, meaning it is coming from Gates’ Vaccine Program. The most frightening epidemics in Congo, the Philippines, and Afghanistan are all linked to Gates’ vaccines. By 2018, ¾ of global polio cases were from Gates’ vaccines.
In 2014, the Gates Foundation funded tests of experimental HPV vaccines, developed by GSK and Merck, on 23,000 young girls in remote Indian provinces. Approximately 1,200 suffered severe side effects, including autoimmune and fertility disorders. Seven died. Indian government investigations charged that Gates funded researchers committed pervasive ethical violations: pressuring vulnerable village girls into the trial, bullying parents, forging consent forms, and refusing medical care to the injured girls. The case is now in the country’s Supreme Court.
In 2010, the Gates Foundation funded a trial of a GSK’s experimental malaria vaccine, killing 151 African infants and causing serious adverse effects including paralysis, seizure, and febrile convulsions to 1,048 of the 5,049 children. …Continued on slides 2 + 3.

More from Robert F Kennedy Jr.

robertfkennedyjr
Verified

Why Bill Gates wants indemnity.

Why are OG villains like #PaulOffit and #PeterHotez, the world's top #vaccine promoters, frantically warning us about the unique and frightening dangers inherent in developing a #coronavirus vaccine?
Scientists first attempted to develop a coronavirus vaccines after China's 2002 SARS-CoV outbreak. Teams of US & foreign scientists vaccinated animals with the four most promising vaccines. At first, the experiment seemed successful as all the animals developed a robust antibody response to coronavirus. However, when the scientists exposed the vaccinated animals to the wild virus, the results were horrifying. Vaccinated animals suffered hyper-immune responses including inflammation throughout their bodies terminating with fatal lung infections. Researchers had seen this same "enhanced immune response" during human testing of the failed RSV vaccine tests in the 1960s. Two children died.

Offit, Hotez and even #AnthonyFauci (in an unguarded moment), have warned that any new coronavirus vaccine could trigger lethal immune reactions when vaccinated people come in contact with the wild virus. Instead of proceeding with caution, #Fauci has made the criminally reckless choice to fast track his own vaccine (partially funded by Gates) and 7 Gates vaccines without animal studies that could provide early warning of runaway immune response. Gates is so worried about the danger that he says he won’t distribute his vaccines until governments agree to indemnify him against lawsuits. On Feb 4, when there were only 11 active cases in the USA, Fauci quietly pushed through regulations giving coronavirus vaccine makers full immunity from liability.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I get what you're saying, and you have some valid points.

Fair enough....and you have valid ones as well.

You need to check yourself on the claim that Trump took this seriously. I can give you a list of things Trump has said that indicates that he didn't.....or, at the very least, was worried about the wrong things. And spare me the "aspirations" or "being a cheerleader for America" bull crap. That's like saying that the key to the Huskers getting another NC is to get better cheerleaders.

430,000 people came into the US from China between the outbreak and the travel ban (and another 43,000 after it)....and don't use Biden and Pelosi calling it xenophobic as an excuse. Them saying that had nothing to do with the spread of the virus.

You need to read the "Red Dawn" e-mails. I can forgive mistakes made by Fauci and other experts, and even Trump himself, that are due to not dealing with this before. What I can't forgive are unforced errors made by Trump that are solely due to his personality and stubbornness.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/...tion=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

If you don't trust the link, then fine...but they do have 80 pages of e-mails linked for the public to read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-red-dawn-emails-trump.html

Here's a very telling exchange about the Europe travel ban right after it was announced...and in case you need some more info, here is a link on Dr. James V. Lawler, who is part of this chain:
https://www.unmc.edu/intmed/divisions/id/faculty/lawler.html

11dc-virus-reconstruct-doc16-articleLarge.jpg
NY times giggle - if you read that biased drivel that explains why you think Trump is the anti-christ - they are wrong so much and so intentionally anything they write needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt

So the narrative is that the travel ban on Europe caused the spread in the US? I live in Snohomish a guy from China traveled here on 1-14 from Wuhan visiting family he turned himself in to the hospital on 1-19

Why is everyone trying to pin stuff on something other than China. The virus originated and spread there and from there it spread around the world. The Chinese covered up the extent of it to save face and that prevented other countries from reacting fast enough. Name any major country that is honest who has escaped this pandemic - The only two I see are japan and India.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT