ADVERTISEMENT

Certain TE committing on 10/12

Will get a NU offer this week and commit to the good guys. Hope everybody is having a nice weekend! Kissy kissy

I just don't think we should take 3 TEs. With about a total of 30 catches all of last year and the best of the bunch in this class, we have needs elsewhere. We may even get stuck with Stohl returning next year.

Reactions: SkerInCo and WHCSC
Can play doesn't mean they want to or can at a high level in college. It does happen but is it common?

Carnie was in Manhattan I believe yesterday game with a unofficial visit...

If he doesn’t come to Nebraska hope he ends up in Manhattan...

I agree, no harm in going there. Plus if he ever wanted to transfer it would be easier since he’s coming from the B10.
A couple of things, Carnie has said so himself that he wants to play tight end and that’s his comfort zone. Rollins can play as a big receiver.

Sign him up, but who's the good tight end in next years class? We can't let the racists have him. That would be a logjam of tight ends.

Maybe Carnie or Fidone can move to wideout. You guys see Pitts for Florida? I didn't even know he was a tight end.

Fidone can do either...

Hate to close a kid like Carnie but there is some others coming up from high school that we need to land...

That's what I mean. I don't want to see us lose a kid like Fant again.

If we take three, at least one will need to move. I saw Carnie ran a 4.5 electric 40 maybe he can be outside.

Watching football the last couple of seasons we have to make room for length and speed. Especially for guys that want to be here.

If we take three, at least one will need to move. I saw Carnie ran a 4.5 electric 40 maybe he can be outside.

Watching football the last couple of seasons we have to make room for length and speed. Especially for guys that want to be here.

Agree, but it’s unusual that the staff offered Rollins and hasn’t offered Carnie yet..

Tight ends can develop into linemen. Lot's of good weight to add. I see Rollins is 6'6. Wasn't Jurgens a TE?

Reactions: piercebs
Somewhat surprised at that. Not that he isn't a talent but I just thought we were filled up for that position.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
2kM_5QhtLbJplptXLcbK0U_oib8MUZf2Q7_jQBPmaukPKm-BIievZHcR-GcriWgZ9AC8o1pzdkQsmKcUDezoJ0HbTsaN0uvnROxcbzzhngw-69GjIqIfdn-JP94TM7dIicK-Z_NMs5fz5mzRO4l-2yRlHhppKZdwi-Q

This has prolly been asked already but is there more talent in the metro and surrounding areas than ormal this year? Seems like it to me.

Yes. I listened to a podcast where Steve Warren spoke about this. He said that Nebraska High School football has changed its style of play in the past 5 years. The biggest beneficiaries are tight ends and our state is loaded with them (2 more next year). Reason why is in the past, the tight ends were primarily blockers, which that hid their skill set. Today, the tight ends are able to showcase their talents as receivers. We can also thank the Warren Academy for developing young guys during the off seasons.

Yes. I listened to a podcast where Steve Warren spoke about this. He said that Nebraska High School football has changed its style of play in the past 5 years. The biggest beneficiaries are tight ends and our state is loaded with them (2 more next year). Reason why is in the past, the tight ends were primarily blockers, which that hid their skill set. Today, the tight ends are able to showcase their talents as receivers. We can also thank the Warren Academy for developing young guys during the off seasons.

Read an article earlier in the year in the OMH that showcased Westside and it seemed like they had 3 or 4 D1 kids by themselves...which in some years is all the entire state has. Or at least it feels like it sometimes.

Somewhat surprised at that. Not that he isn't a talent but I just thought we were filled up for that position.
they hinted recently they'd take 2-3 this year. I think its 2 if Carnie opts to go elsewhere.

And as far as upcoming talent comes, I think we take 1-2 next year, and they may be at the same high school. Bell West.

I don't know why everyone assumes one of these TEs will need to move.

If Fidone is as advertised, he should play right away. The other 2 can redshirt.

The only TEs who need to move are the ones currently on the roster, with the exception of maybe Vokolek (we'll see). The rest can unceremoniously move not just position but away from the team entirely. stoll, rafdal & allen wouldn't be missed one bit.

If Fidone is as advertised, he should play right away. The other 2 can redshirt.

The only TEs who need to move are the ones currently on the roster, with the exception of maybe Vokolek (we'll see). The rest can unceremoniously move not just position but away from the team entirely. stoll, rafdal & allen wouldn't be missed one bit.

From what I have seen of Fidone, he looks like he could play WR. Never a bad thing to stockpile these big-bodied athletes.

Also very good that we did not let this kid get away to the University of Iowa Klansmen as another poster mentioned.

Yes Sir. I am also not sure they plan on playing Rollins at TE. He could be an OLB or even a big WR, he is a heck of an athlete.

I agree but I don't see them leaving no other power 5 school will take them, they'll still be on scholarship.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
And now has 6 crystal balls for the Huskers in place...one from Wiltfong

James Carnie finally got the offer he’s been waiting on since he could even dream of playing football. The Norris High tight end added a Nebraska offer on Monday, making him the sixth player in the state to add one from the Huskers in the 2021 class.”

Last edited:
And now has 6 crystal balls for the Huskers in place...one from Wiltfong

James Carnie finally got the offer he’s been waiting on since he could even dream of playing football. The Norris High tight end added a Nebraska offer on Monday, making him the sixth player in the state to add one from the Huskers in the 2021 class.”

The Fong has spoken.

I agree, no harm in going there. Plus if he ever wanted to transfer it would be easier since he’s coming from the B10.
A couple of things, Carnie has said so himself that he wants to play tight end and that’s his comfort zone. Rollins can play as a big receiver.

Carnie I agree on. Can't see Rollins as a big WR though. He'll I could see him at DE before WR.

Holla

Every article I've read shows him as a TE recruit' he has indicated that he wants to paly TE in college IIRC so I don't see him switching positions. Nevertheless, he is a very good prospect, under-rated IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT