ADVERTISEMENT

Before the game Sat I was thinking we win out

If we were good enough to win out, we would have been good enough to pull out this win. Ohio State didn't play well at all. We did a lot of good things, but this was a very winnable game.

Reactions: SoFL Husker
If we were good enough to win out, we would have been good enough to pull out this win. Ohio State didn't play well at all. We did a lot of good things, but this was a very winnable game.
Well let me say, we didn’t play well either. Failed onside kick, blocked punt, backwards pass in their red zone... and we still were within 5.

The game was very winnable, but the reason we lost wasn’t because we weren’t good enough. It was because of too many mistakes.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Stfu, seriously. Nebraska didn’t make them play like crap? You can make any narrative you want. Urban is a proven winner, and the statistics show how they have played after losses & after byes.

So which team that remains on our schedule is better than Ohio State? The only way your argument makes any sense is if you believe one of the remaining teams is better than Ohio State.

Reactions: headcard
I'm not sold that Mich st is that good. Plus at home I feel good. Iowa might be a mental block for our guys, but if healthy we are a better team. They'll get yards and points, but I think we win it.

So which team that remains on our schedule is better than Ohio State? The only way your argument makes any sense is if you believe one of the remaining teams is better than Ohio State.
Ohio State didn't play well and we had plenty of good opportunities that we didn't capitalize on. I didn't say any of the remaining teams were better than Ohio State, but there are two decent teams left on our schedule, and it's going to be hard to win both when we're nothing more than an average team right now.

I'm not sold that Mich st is that good. Plus at home I feel good. Iowa might be a mental block for our guys, but if healthy we are a better team. They'll get yards and points, but I think we win it.
I’m sure Ohio State would have been way more of a mental block. I bet they are chomping at the bit to beat Iowa.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
just think if we do win out, if getting the win agaisnt NW or even yesterday Huskers would be bowl bound. How many teams have done that starting 0-6

just think if we do win out, if getting the win agaisnt NW or even yesterday Huskers would be bowl bound. How many teams have done that starting 0-6
If we get to 5 there is a good chance we can still go bowling.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Ohio State didn't play well and we had plenty of good opportunities that we didn't capitalize on.

Neither team played well enough to say one team executed more than the other. Both made plenty of errors, some big some small. Nebraska put two TD’s on the board from Ohio State turnovers, that is capitalizing on their misfortune. Sure we didn’t take advantage of every opportunity and that was because we made plenty of mistakes on our own (*cough* drops)..

I don't think we took a step backward. Sure I would have liked to see us win too, but one step at a time.. you know.. day by day

Reactions: dinglefritz
With the exception of OSU. I'm more convinced now.

I agree. It's unfortunate we didn't get the win, but to make it a one score game late, against an Ohio State team coming off a loss with a bye week to rest and regroup, at home, with playoff hopes on the line...it gives fans alot to be excited for. Hoping to see this team take it out on the remaining teams and take us into another long off season as we wait for the 2019

Reactions: oldjar07
winning out would be amazing - above expectations
2-1 --- expected - optimistic about next year
1-2 --- below expections

finishing the year 3-9 with the only power 5 wins against illinois and minnesota would be a disappointment and negate much of the momentum garnered these past 3 weeks.

if we have improved as much as we think these past 3 weeks we ought to be able to win one game against a 2nd tier BIG ten school (MSU - Iowa).

1-2 --- below expections

finishing the year 3-9 with the only power 5 wins against illinois and minnesota would be a disappointment and negate much of the momentum garnered these past 3 weeks.

if we have improved as much as we think these past 3 weeks we ought to be able to win one game against a 2nd tier BIG ten school (MSU - Iowa).
Here’s my question... what tier are we? If we are third tier, why should we beat either mich St or Iowa?

If we are second tier, along with Michigan state and Iowa, why should we expect to beat one of them at their place?

1-2 --- below expections

Is anyone top tier other than OSU?

Here’s my question... what tier are we? If we are third tier, why should we beat either mich St or Iowa?

If we are second tier, along with Michigan state and Iowa, why should we expect to beat one of them at their place?
I'm curious on these tiers as well.

I really thought we would win and be bowl eligible. That would have been the best Christmas present this year. Guess we'll have to wait. I gave up bowl games for Lent. Didn't know it would be multiple years

I'm not on the victory band wagon yet . We have been getting better I can clearly see but I'm not ready to say were gonna beat MSU or Iowa. Nothing against how we played this weekend but that's not the OSU were used to seeing. I hope I'm laughably wrong but I don't think so. We seem to have MSU number but Iowa always gets up for us and plays lights out. As of today I think we lose both close. I have no faith in our defense yet.

MSU is at home, fwiw

Reactions: timnsun
1st tier - Michigan, OSU, probably PSU and maybe Wisc
2nd tier - MSU, Iowa, NW, Purdue
3rd tier - Minnesota, Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois.Maryland

you can argue a bit about NW - PSU and Wisc

it would be nice to have one quality win this season going into next year

I will say three tiers

Wow. We must be 4th tier? And we should jump two levels to beat a second tier team?

Wow. We must be 4th tier? And we should jump two levels to beat a second tier team?

not at all - after the last 3 weeks I think we are currently closer to the Iowa-MSU-Purdue group than Illinois/Indiana/Maryland

will we show that the last 3 weeks - there is no reason we should not expect to win 2 of our 3 remaining games

I left Nebraska out due to the difference we have seen between the start of the year and now

not at all - after the last 3 weeks I think we are currently closer to the Iowa-MSU-Purdue group than Illinois/Indiana/Maryland

will we show that the last 3 weeks - there is no reason we should not expect to win 2 of our 3 remaining games
I agree. But it won’t be easy, considering we will need to beat one of Iowa or Michigan state. Being closer to tier 2 doesn’t automatically mean we will beat one of those 2 teams.

Here comes the Sunshine Pump.

Love the cover story..."We got the nation's attention"

What, did Floyd Money Mayweather put $250k on the Huskers???

I agree. But it won’t be easy, considering we will need to beat one of Iowa or Michigan state. Being closer to tier 2 doesn’t automatically mean we will beat one of those 2 teams.

no doubt -- a win over one of those 2 - assuming we beat lllinois - gives us a little more momentum going into the off season as opposed to getting beat by every team with a pulse but getting beat by less later in the season

would help recruiting some if we can point to some more tangible results toward the end of the season

Reactions: timnsun
I'm not on the victory band wagon yet . We have been getting better I can clearly see but I'm not ready to say were gonna beat MSU or Iowa. Nothing against how we played this weekend but that's not the OSU were used to seeing. I hope I'm laughably wrong but I don't think so. We seem to have MSU number but Iowa always gets up for us and plays lights out. As of today I think we lose both close. I have no faith in our defense yet.
If we are good enough to almost beat Ohio State on the road, we should be at least good enough to beat Michigan State at home and have at least a good chance against Iowa. Unless you think how we played against Ohio State was some kind of fluke, and if you think that you haven't been paying much attention to how we've been playing recently. Honestly, I think some fans need to get what I call the "0-6 mentality" out of their system. Some people got so beat down about hearing about 0-6, that they thought we were really worse than we were. We were never bad enough to be 0-6 in the first place, and we've improved tremendously.

Reactions: mmunso7 and timnsun

Interesting that MSU is grouped with teams that haven't won the BIG in recent history. Or if you're basing it solely off this year then PSU and Wisc should definitely be bumped down. Either way as a MSU fan I always viewed the Nebraska game as dangerous based on how tough you guys have played us no matter the record. Hoping we can even up our record with NU since you entered the conference.

I still don't know if we really know how good, or bad this team is at this point. We are better than we were no doubt. We dominated Minn who is showing they can be dominated by Illinois as well. We dominated Bethune, no explanation needed. We hung with Ohio St, but lost. Who previously got thumped by Purdue. Minn was able to play Ohio St close as well.
Ohio St is down this year compared to past no doubt. I honestly believe we looked better than they did. So if they win out and show they deserve to be a top 10 team, then us hanging with them looks very good.
Right now I think the next 3 games, 2 being at home, are more winnable than Ohio St was. I think the players are going to be hungry to finish the year strong. I see Mich St and Iowa being close 50/50 type games. I think we get the last 3, 2 of the last 3 for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT