ADVERTISEMENT

A coworker suggested this to me this morning

kaz36

Nebraska Legend
Staff
May 2, 2005
I had a couple worker tell me that they should have knelt on the ball with 55 seconds left to play, run the play clock down to 1 second and then call a timeout. Then on 4th down, snap the ball to our fastest, most sure handed player and have him run all the way back to the end zone and run around as long as possible and then take a safety, hopefully running the clock out or mostly out. Just think if we would have screwed that one up. Haha.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
WOW. . I say run the bootleg, stay in bounds, then run the clock down as far as possible & call a TO. Then run the same play again. That should take another 6 seconds. By then they would have about 11 seconds on the clock to go 75 yards.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I had a couple worker tell me that they should have knelt on the ball with 55 seconds left to play, run the play clock down to 1 second and then call a timeout. Then on 4th down, snap the ball to our fastest, most sure handed player and have him run all the way back to the end zone and run around as long as possible and then take a safety, hopefully running the clock out or mostly out. Just think if we would have screwed that one up. Haha.

A coworker suggested I buy gold.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
As bad as it is here now Spark, just think of the crap storm there would be if we tried that and failed. Haha.
I would just leave this site and not come back for a while. If I didn't my fingers would bleed.

A simple hand off on third down to a running back would have been good enough and wind down the clock on forth leaving the other team with 14 or 15 seconds with no time outs...Why make it more complicated then it is??? It must be rocket science to your coach...

Reactions: huskerschamps06
That would have been really entertaining and just imagine all the possibilities of how badly we could have screwed that up and how humiliated we'd have been if it failed.

With Nebraska's luck that game...the runner would have tripped and fallen at the 1 yard line.

Problem occurred on third down. First you never even think about throwing the ball. TO should have fake the handoff and run back to around midfield then kneeled it there. Forth you punt and they have the length of the field with under twenty ticks left.

Why not just stand in the pocket until you get pressure, go down, let the clock run and then punt it as high as you can? Would probably have 15 seconds with no problems. Also, don't choose to have the wind at your back in the 3rd so you can kick that FG in the 4th.

Why not just stand in the pocket until you get pressure, go down, let the clock run and then punt it as high as you can? Would probably have 15 seconds with no problems. Also, don't choose to have the wind at your back in the 3rd so you can kick that FG in the 4th.
IIRC most teams don't want to give their opponent the ball and the wind in the 3rd qtr.

Reactions: newAD
I said the exact same before the 3rd down play.

Would have fumbled the ball Niles Paul style while running backwards.

...a -70 play can also really kill a guys stats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT