ADVERTISEMENT

Refs missed the stopped clock…

timnsun

Head Coach
Jan 25, 2008
Isn’t there supposed to be a ref on the field that tracks the official game clock so that when the clock operator doesn’t start the clock for a play and a half, he can correct it? Iowa had an additional 15 seconds at the end of the game to get in better field goal range…

I will freely admit, we would most likely have found a way to lose the game in other ways, just frustrating to see the refs suck once again.

So if that would have benefited Nebraska would you still be crying about it? Nope. Husker coaches should have been smart enough to say something but they figured it would help them as they dont know how to use timeouts so they didnt.

Reactions: Yantzeee
Whoa, I didn’t start this for it to be all about Rhule and his ineptitude… I admit we would have likely found another way to lose.

Can someone answer my question? Isn’t there a dedicated ref keeping the game clock on the field?

The conference has a product to sell. Nebraska isn’t marketable as a 10 win team.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Isn’t there supposed to be a ref on the field that tracks the official game clock so that when the clock operator doesn’t start the clock for a play and a half, he can correct it? Iowa had an additional 15 seconds at the end of the game to get in better field goal range…

I will freely admit, we would most likely have found a way to lose the game in other ways, just frustrating to see the refs suck once again.
Yes there is. I figured they would correct it immediately. Once again complete incompetence

Whoa, I didn’t start this for it to be all about Rhule and his ineptitude… I admit we would have likely found another way to lose.

Can someone answer my question? Isn’t there a dedicated ref keeping the game clock on the field?
Yes

Reactions: timnsun
I believe I saw Rhule on the field screaming about the clock at the end of the game, maybe that was for something else.

I was more interested in Iowas only TD. I was 30 feet away with a great shot. I didn't see anything that led me to believe they punched it in. Yet on the review they gave it to them. Was it clear on replay?

Reactions: dinglefritz
I believe I saw Rhule on the field screaming about the clock at the end of the game, maybe that was for something else.

I was more interested in Iowas only TD. I was 30 feet away with a great shot. I didn't see anything that led me to believe they punched it in. Yet on the review they gave it to them. Was it clear on replay?
It was close but it was over the painted line.
Iowa beats those who beat themselves.

Iowa has system of lineman. Man do we need to get to there.

Reactions: WHCSC

Forward progress had been stopped. I've never seen a scoring play that close not reviewed. Every play is supposedly reviewable especially scoring plays

We've had kissinger as a replay official earlier this year and he was equally as bad

Those who are pointing out that initially benefitted us, I know that. So I guess it’s ok that the refs messed up again? Is that the message here?

Those who are pointing out that initially benefitted us, I know that. So I guess it’s ok that the refs messed up again? Is that the message here?
The message is that bad calls are going to happen and they help and hurt both teams

Reactions: Landomatic
Everyone had the same chance with the ball and the wonky clock. Don’t blame the clock manager. geeze

The old saying in officiating is be consistent. If the mistake could have benefited both teams, it’s a non issue.

Reactions: WHCSC
I doubt if we hadn’t turned the ball over and used the extra time to move down for a field goal that you would have thought it was an issue.

It was close but it was over the painted line.
Iowa beats those who beat themselves.

Iowa has system of lineman. Man do we need to get to there.
I've thought for a long time that our O line has looked much smaller and weaker than the rest of the big10. Those Iowa kids looked a lot more impressive. I get that's just the eye test, and doesn't always lead to results, but damn. It was pretty eye opening.

I've thought for a long time that our O line has looked much smaller and weaker than the rest of the big10. Those Iowa kids looked a lot more impressive. I get that's just the eye test, and doesn't always lead to results, but damn. It was pretty eye opening.
The other school juice better than we do

Yes

I believe one official keeps track of the time, it was up to that individual to ask the game clock operator to reset the clock by running rime off or adding time.
Yes. That should have been corrected but who knows. As much faith I have in the competency of b1g refs, they probably screwed it up on the field on the opening kickoff of the 2nd qtr and thought the gameclock was accurate.

Yes. That should have been corrected but who knows. As much faith I have in the competency of b1g refs, they probably screwed it up on the field on the opening kickoff of the 2nd qtr and thought the gameclock was accurate.
Exactly, I’ve seen better peewee league officials than than the joke of the big 10. It sure would be nice if the games head official had to answer questions from the press, they sure want players that just lost a close game to answer questions why not asking the official why did you make that call? You realize replay showed different

Reactions: donahues17

He had the ball stretched over the goal line

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT