ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!

all I can say is, stuff like this makes it easier to hunt and fish on the weekends. Whitetail archery season 29 days away.
When Gifford didn’t intercept that pass in the end zone I had deep fear…I do care and I want to watch every weekend and I want us to be competitive, but man there is starting to be a lot of scar tissue.

Even though we lost this team played 100% better than any frost team, my biggest concern is sims he Adrian part 2 the int before halftime was a killer
I think we played better under Mickey Joseph. I know it won't be popular to say that.

Minnesota is terrible. The Husker D shut them down most of the night. They are not a good team. Still better than the Huskers.
Minnesota is terrible. The Husker D shut them down most of the night. They are not a good team. Still better than the Huskers.
Like nearly everyone is the conference. We beat ourselves again and again. I didn't expect to win but to give it away to that dork , it's just too hard to watch this crap.

Probably. But I have seen some Minnesota teams that looked like total ass the first couple of weeks end up winning 8 or 9 games. I don't like Fleck, so I have noticed when he exceeded my expectations.

we did not commit to the run game, like I had hoped.

no fullback play at all right? Certainly didn't get any fullback carries.

about 37 runs to 19 passes.. not run heavy enough with a guy prone to throwing turnovers at the helm.

their plan needs to be tweaked.. maybe 10 pass attempts.. historically that is what we used to do.
That three-and-out early in the 4th, when the Gophers were reeling and ready to be put down, was brutal.

Everyone in CFB circles knows Satterfield sucks..... why would it be any different here? Sims is their Martinez again. He's a horrible passing QB. We would of won with Casey Thompson no doubt. Gabe Ervin has always been average at best and always will be. Same old shit new year.

Reactions: 8990
Probably. But I have seen some Minnesota teams that looked like total ass the first couple of weeks end up winning 8 or 9 games. I don't like Fleck, so I have noticed when he exceeded my expectations.
You don't like Fleck? Then you should read the story about the family from Grand Rapids that own the most car dealerships in the US. They are big boosters of both Michigan State and Western Michigan. The son of the company's founder is currently the President of the company. It seems giving money to PJ's Western Michigan program was not enough. PJ felt it was his duty to make sure the president's wife was not low on fluids. Nice guy. (He could not take off his sunglasses when getting interviewed by Erin Andrews. C'mon!!)

"Ty Robinson is one of our best players" The best player who's been here for 4 ****ing years and almost has 0 sacks and TFLS lol

Reactions: 8990
Middle of the field in traffic and he’s carrying the ball loose at his side. ☹️
Where is it written that you must play everyone on the team? Grant has been fumbling in camp. I read that fumbling too much is why he did not get the start. So, doesn't that make it worse if the coaches know he fumbles, and they have in the game?

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
He also threw 3 INT’s. He’s another Martinez brother.
It wasn't the officials fault the Huskers lost the game. How about the O-line show some poise and not false start when the Huskers are on Minnesota's 1 yard line. Since TO has left the Huskers in crucial times during a game have shown a lack of poise.

Reactions: t7w0c1
Where is written that you must play everyone on the team? Grant has been fumbling in camp. I read that fumbling too much is why he did not get the start. So, doesn't that make it worse if the coaches know he fumbles, and they have in the game?
☹️Especially late. Ervin gets 10 yards on that play and doesn’t fumble. I saw a lot to like. The problem was about 6 plays out of the game.

Reactions: Wasker77
Everyone in CFB circles knows Satterfield sucks..... why would it be any different here? Sims is their Martinez again. He's a horrible passing QB. We would of won with Casey Thompson no doubt. Gabe Ervin has always been average at best and always will be. Same old shit new year.
Nice troll

I think the D played better today than it has for a long time. You hold a P5 team to 13 points you should win the game. Still have that same old Husker offense and bad coaching to screw-up a game.
Yes, our D and Special Teams are noticeably improved.
O-Line still weak, putting undo pressure on QB, although Sims picks were ALL on him.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Fvck you bitch .. you said minny would score 32
Grow up. All u can do is lol at the absurdity of what Nebraska football has become. 32 or 13 we still lost. And for the record I owned the prediction. Glad our defense is better than I thought. Stop being a lil bitch about Everything.

This loss was 1000% coaching, players play like they practice, it feels as though someone is selling us a bill of goods on their practice technics. I’m sure Satterfield will get better, but if he waits til the last two games of the year like he did at S.Carolina we’re in for a long season!!!!

This loss was 1000% coaching, players play like they practice, it feels as though someone is selling us a bill of goods on their practice technics. I’m sure Satterfield will get better, but if he waits til the last two games of the year like he did at S.Carolina we’re in for a long season!!!!
You could tell Rhule took issue with some of the play calls. Sims has to be better at taking care of the ball but we threw it too much for his skill set IMO. We have a big back. Ride him.

The outcome of 90% of football games comes down to 3-4 plays. Don’t win those plays, don’t win the game.
It can. Tonight it did. Change one play at the end of the first half and we had a W Take your pick. Blown TD call. False start on the QB sneak TD. ☹️

When Gifford didn’t intercept that pass in the end zone I had deep fear…I do care and I want to watch every weekend and I want us to be competitive, but man there is starting to be a lot of scar tissue.
It can. Tonight it did. Change one play at the end of the first half and we had a W Take your pick. Blown TD call. False start on the QB sneak TD. ☹️
If we had done this, or if that would have happened, we would have won! Bottom line: this was a big fail on many levels and we lost the game. Looked pretty clear to me that we are back to square one with a staff and players who left a bad taste in my mouth no matter how you want to spin it.

If we had done this, or if that would have happened, we would have won! Bottom line: this was a big fail on many levels and we lost the game. Looked pretty clear to me that we are back to square one with a staff and players who left a bad taste in my mouth no matter how you want to spin it.
I’ve said it since we made the hire. New staff with totally news systems concerned me. Satterfield knows now that the QB he’s seen in practice isn’t the guy he’s got on game day. He HAS to adjust his play calling and Grant HAS to sit

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I’ve said it since we made the hire. New staff with totally news systems concerned me. Satterfield knows now that the QB he’s seen in practice isn’t the guy he’s got on game day. He HAS to adjust his play calling and Grant HAS to sit
1-0 and these things can be fixed

0-1 who gives a shit what happens here on out. Unless we run the table season’s a waste

1-0 and these things can be fixed

0-1 who gives a shit what happens here on out. Unless we run the table season’s a waste
C’mon man. Still lots to play for IMO. Sure makes it tougher to get to 7 wins. IF they can somehow get Sims to take care of the ball well be okay.

Reactions: Wasker77
C’mon man. Still lots to play for IMO. Sure makes it tougher to get to 7 wins. IF they can somehow get Sims to take care of the ball well be okay.
7 wins? Who gives a shit

All trev and the rest of the league + fans care about is money

Apparently looking forward to 7 wins and some bullshit volleyball exhibition is what it buys

Pathetic

His team would have choked too.
disagree.. we would have won this game. MJ got the most out of his players. We would not have run off good talent at the RB & QB positions either. Rhule's decisions made the offense worse, and it's been easy to see since last spring.

but everyone likes the coach who can 'talk'.. (rolling my eyes)

We’ll I do. 7 is better than 4 or 5. Gotta start somewhere after the last 6 years of putridity.
It’s the same - pointless and irrelevant

No wonder “fans” are skipping games for bedtime and deer season

disagree.. we would have won this game. MJ got the most out of his players. We would not have run off good talent at the RB & QB positions either. Rhule's decisions made the offense worse, and it's been easy to see since last spring.

but everyone likes the coach who can 'talk'.. (rolling my eyes)
Mickey is lucky he’s not in jail…. He wasn’t going to win any games for us this year.

The problem is, do we know what Rhule's past history is with his starting QB? I really don't know.

Will he stick it out with Sims, warts and all, just to try to prove he's the best we have?

Or, is he willing to give HH or Purdy a shot and see if they can somehow jumpstart a pretty poor offensive unit?

If they try to "compensate" for all of Sims visible weaknesses, next thing you know the offense becomes so vanilla that it
makes it hard for the offense to ever improve. NU is not good enough to just line up and run the ball on some teams on our schedule.

It's kinda like my starting pitcher throws hard, gets guys out in practice, yet put him on the mound in a real game and he can't find the strike zone.

Sims will likely show what his future as the starter is by the 2nd half of the CU game.

If he is what he was tonight, we are screwed, and you can't move a program forward if the QB
is a ball security liability.

We had a dose of that, so we know how that works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT