ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD!

The problem is, do we know what Rhule's past history is with his starting QB? I really don't know.

Will he stick it out with Sims, warts and all, just to try to prove he's the best we have?

Or, is he willing to give HH or Purdy a shot and see if they can somehow jumpstart a pretty poor offensive unit?

If they try to "compensate" for all of Sims visible weaknesses, next thing you know the offense becomes so vanilla that it
makes it hard for the offense to ever improve. NU is not good enough to just line up and run the ball on some teams on our schedule.

It's kinda like my starting pitcher throws hard, gets guys out in practice, yet put him on the mound in a real game and he can't find the strike zone.

Sims will likely show what his future as the starter is by the 2nd half of the CU game.
If he is what he was tonight, we are screwed, and you can move a program forward if the QB
is a liability. We had a dose of that, so we know how that works.
Maybe the qb of the future at bell west will score more than 7 points tomorrow night so we can all fawn over him instead

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Rhule mismanaged this game as bad as Frost usually did. He had them coached up better but made crucial errors.

1. This is the Big Ten take the points at the end of the half
2. Run your top RB Ervin, he looked great
3. He gave the ball to the guy (Grant) that fumbles, and he predictably fumbles
4. Sims is not a good decision maker, which he's shown for 4 years quit making him try to thread the needle in the red zone.

A ton of stuff they preached they abandoned. I thought they played really hard and fast but that won't cut it in this league.

Grant got more carries than Ervin, despite Ervin being the starter and looking great. The coaching and strength and conditioning in 9 months B+. Game management F.

Reactions: SkerInCo
I don’t think Rhule has benched a qb in his entire career

Maybe he did in CAR when he had actual pressure, but his teams were trash regardless
If that's the case, then NU is screwed. Of course, Sims has a history of being injured, and I hate that that would be the
reason for a needed QB change.

Our backup has 2-3 career starts, and one with zero starts. Not exactly the type of QB room anyone would want.

Doesn't mean one or both can't come in and be functional, but far from an ideal situation.

NU best find out what the "on-field" offense looks like before Sims decides to take a powder the week of Michigan. That's a game that could sit this program back to the stone ages.

If that's the case, then NU is screwed. Of course, Sims has a history of being injured, and I hate that that would be the
reason for a needed QB change.

Our backup has 2-3 career starts, and one with zero starts. Not exactly the type of QB room anyone would want.

Doesn't mean one or both can't come in and be functional, but far from an ideal situation.

NU best find out what the "on-field" offense looks like before Sims decides to take a powder the week of Michigan. That's a game that could sit this program back to the stone ages.
Doesn’t matter

We get paid regardless and that’s all anyone cares about

Hungry dogs run faster and we’ve been satiated for many many years

There will always be the next bullshit volleyball exhibition to keep everyone happy

Grant got more carries than Ervin, despite Ervin being the starter and looking great. The coaching and strength and conditioning in 9 months B+. Game management F.
Sims had more carries than all other rushers combined.

Doesn’t matter

We get paid regardless and that’s all anyone cares about

Hungry dogs run faster and we’ve been satiated for many many years

There will always be the next bullshit volleyball exhibition to keep everyone happy
And your answer has exactly WHAT to do with the comments I made?

Getting paid, hungry dogs or volleyball exhibitions have zero to do with the topic you keep avoiding. Let's have it!!

And your answer has exactly WHAT to do with the comments I made?

Getting paid, hungry dogs or volleyball exhibitions have zero to do with the topic you keep avoiding. Let's have it!!
You keep acting like winning matters to the people in charge

It doesn’t. Point is moot. Checks will cash if we never win another game ever again

B1G football

If you want to talk about actual college football, I’m all for it. We don’t participate in that anymore.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Such high hopes for Rhule, but he managed to have this team beat itself once again. Not impressed at all.
Not the start we all hoped for but I will save my judgement until the end of the season. Minnesota was favored to win after all so it was a near upset.

There were some positives…Defense looked better and the team looked physical. Negatives…same silly false start penalties by offensive line and way too many turnovers. Can’t win games when that happens.

Sims is what he is, but what did the receivers do to get open. There are a number of concerns, but they played significantly better in the second half. As Rhule has always said, eliminate the mistakes and you’ll have a win. It’s coming, but......when?

Reactions: cavalot
Sims is what he is, but what did the receivers do to get open. There are a number of concerns, but they played significantly better in the second half. As Rhule has always said, eliminate the mistakes and you’ll have a win. It’s coming, but......when?
They got better because Washington played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT