ADVERTISEMENT

2022 version: who do you want to replace Scott Frost?

New Poll - who do you want to replace Scott Frost?

• Urbay Meyer - not coaching anyone

Votes: 33 22.0%
  • Hugh Freeze - Liberty HC. Former Ole Miss HC

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Jeff Hafley - Boston College HC

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Lance Leipold - Kansas HC. Former Buffalo and Whitewater HC

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Luke Fickell - Cincy HC

Votes: 22 14.7%
  • Dave Aranda Baylor HC

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Mark Stoops - KY

• Jason Candle - Toledo HC

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Jamey Chadwell - Coastal Carolina HC

• Other - such as PJ Fleck, Matt Campbell

Votes: 26 17.3%

• Total voters
He would be. I didn't list him since the NFL hasn't even played a game yet and we aren't going to know what type of season he has in the NFL. If they win, then he isn't leaving. if they lose, how long into the season will it be before we even know if the Panthers would even thinking of replacing him?
I don’t think the win total will be great with the POS Baker Mayfield at qb.

Nebraska will starting winning 9 plus games every year when they hire a coach who emphasizes discipline, toughness along the lines of scrimmage, great tackling on defense, and great special teams play. Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, and Minnesota win more then Nebraska because their coaches put an emphasize on what I listed above. The successful big ten west programs are comfortable with who they are and do not concern themselves with recruiting rankings, or having innovative “exciting” offenses.
Nebraska does not need a sexy, home-run hire.

F it. Bring in Jeff Monken and run the option. What could it hurt at this point, nothing else has worked the last 20 years.

Last year we knew he should have been fired but we understood the buyout was too much to take on and we would debate all season. this season, we know the end result and have a date we can point to, to know the result of fired or not. Thus, this year I don't even have to "stress" over if Trev would fire him or not.

Last year he said when he gave Frost the new contract that the odds of this working out were low.

I'd hire PJ Fleck before the head coaches at Kansas State, Kansas, Wake Forest, NC State, and others like UTSA.

PJ would bring an offense that can work at Nebraska and he has a damn good defensive coordinator.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
If I was a Nebraska fan, I'd want Matt Entz.

He's from the upper midwest, so be a good cultural fit.

He's a solid head coach with two national championship rings.

It's a bit of a gamble to bring in a coach from a lower level, but I think he's worth a shot.

I'd hire PJ Fleck before the head coaches at Kansas State, Kansas, Wake Forest, NC State, and others like UTSA.

PJ would bring an offense that can work at Nebraska and he has a damn good defensive coordinator.

Hell no! Are you ****ing kidding me?

Reactions: BleedRed78
If I was a Nebraska fan, I'd want Matt Entz.

He's from the upper midwest, so be a good cultural fit.

He's a solid head coach with two national championship rings.

It's a bit of a gamble to bring in a coach from a lower level, but I think he's worth a shot.
Matt took over a well oiled machine.

So to try and dispute me saying it's an easier path to success you point out Stoops success against the conference? Weird attempt.

Nebraska >Kentucky in terms of prestige, not really a debate.
Maybe 20 plus years ago. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

If Nebraska got Matt Campbell, then fine. He wouldn't be the best option out there, but a hell of a lot better than Scott Frost and Mike Rley.
If we were lucky enough to get Campbell, Trev would make sure he got the right recruiting help. He can definitely coach and develop

Kyle Whittingham, if he was younger, I'd go after him hard. Not interviewing him when Riley was hired was a total f' up. He would have taken the job and the current results would be much different.
Dude is only 62… throw 7 mil a year at him and see what he says

and remind him the PAC won’t even exist in 4 years

He checks all the boxes. Wins with lesser talent at the P5 level, doesn’t diddle coeds on off nights, not 75 years old, and has good line play on both sides

Reactions: BleedRed78
Dude is only 62… throw 7 mil a year at him and see what he says

and remind him the PAC won’t even exist in 4 years

He checks all the boxes. Wins with lesser talent at the P5 level, doesn’t diddle coeds on off nights, not 75 years old, and has good line play on both sides

I'd be pounding at the table to go and get him if he could recruit. He's lucky the Pac-12 is as bad as they are with the way he recruits. If he could recruit with how good of a developer he is, he would compete for national titles.

I'll list today in a comment for who the current P5 head coaches are and their respective record as a HC.

Reactions: WHCSC
Main criteria I hope Trev Alberts uses

- Has won at the P5 level
- Is a good recruiter and doesn't depend so much on spamming out 500 offers to put together a class but actually recruits and gets involved in NIL
- drills fundamentals daily
- Runs a system that can be recruited to at Nebraska

Again, has won at the P5 level.

Trev Alberts has $60M to work with to fire and hire.
All good points but our offensive and defensive lines are terrible. Maybe worst in !Big10. Sabin figured that out early at Alabama. We have to have someone who can recruit and DeVElope both lines!

P5 head coaches by order of win percentage (best to worst):

Kalen DeBoer - Washington (First P5 job starts this weekend)
Ryan Day
Lincoln Riley
Kirby Smart
Dabo
Nick Saban
Billy Napier (first P5 job starts this weekend
Chris Klieman - Kansas State (only 55% at KSU)
Jimbo Fisher - A&M
Lance Leipold - Kansas (only 2 and 10 at kansas)
Brian Kelly - LSU
Bryan Harsin - Auburn
Josh Heupel - Tennessee
Luke Fickell - Cincy (will be in the Big 12 soon) (48-15 at Cincy)
Jim Harbaugh - Michigan
Hugh Freeze - Liberty (was the guy at Ole Miss taht beat Saban) (70% at liberty)
Mike Gundy - Oklahoma State (68% at OSU)
David Shaw - Stanford
Kyle Whittingham - Utah (67% at Utah)
Chip Kelly - UCLA
Paul Chryst - Wisconsin
Mack Brown - North Carolina
James Franklin - Penn State
Lane Kiffen - Ole Miss
Eliah Drinkwitz - Missouri
Mike Norvell - Florida State
Scott Scatterfield - Lou
Matt campbell - Iowa State
Brett Bielema - IL
Dave Aranda - Baylor (entering his 3rd yr as a HC)
Neal Brown - West Virginia
Jeff Brohm - Purdue
Mike Leach - Miss State
Kirk Ferentz - Iowa
PJ Fleck - Minnesota
Patt Narduzzi - Pitt
Herm Edwards - ASU
Mel Tucker - Michgian State
Steve Sarkasian - Texas
Shane Beamer - South Carolina
Karl Dorrell - Colorado
Sam Pittman - Arkansas
Sonny Dykes - TCU
Dino Barbers - Syracuse
Mark Stoops - KY
Dave Clawson - Wake Forest
Mario Cristobal - Miami
Jake Dickert - Washington State
Scott Frost - Nebraska
Greg Schiano - Rutgers
Justin Wilcox - california
Tom Allen - Indiana
Geoff Collins - Georgia Tech
Johnathon Smith - Oregon State

Obviously new coaches for the first time at Oklahoma, ND

PJ a lot lower than I was expecting. Stoops is overrated.

And everyone with a functional brain.
Believe what you want but Kentucky is a better job TODAY than Nebraska. Where can you recruit from? Mark Stoops would be an idiot to take that dumpster fire of a job. Nebraska is resting on long lost laurels from a forgotten century. Recruits need their grandfather to tell them about Nebraska’s dominance.

Matt Rhule's resume is ****ing legit. If Trev can get him if he struggles with the Panthers, this guy, IMO, should be able to win big at Nebraska. He fits the run, physical mentality you need to win.

College[edit]​

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Temple Owls (American Athletic Conference) (2013–2016)
2013Temple2–101–7T–9th
2014Temple6–64–46th
2015Temple10–47–11st (East)L Boca Raton
2016Temple10–37–11st (East)Military*
Temple:28–2319–13* Departed Temple for Baylor before bowl game
Baylor Bears (Big 12 Conference) (2017–2019)
2017Baylor1–111–89th
2018Baylor7–64–5T–5thW Texas
2019Baylor11–38–12ndL Sugar1213
Baylor:19–2013–14
Total:47–43
National championship Conference title Conference division title or championship game berth

If Trev Albert's goes the coordinator route from a P5 school, these guys should be the top targets:

• Josh Gattis, Miami OC. ...was at MI last season and was the OC of the Big Ten champs
  • Jim Leonhard, Wisconsin DC. ...best defensive mind in college football
  • Jeff Lebby, Oklahoma OC. ...high flying offense
  • Kenny Dillingham, Oregon OC. ...not familar with this guy
  • Jeff Grimes, Baylor OC. ...this guy is legit. If for some miracle happended at Nebraska gets Dave Aranda, then you make sure Jeff Grimes comes with.
  • Tim Banks, Tennessee DC

Believe what you want but Kentucky is a better job TODAY than Nebraska. Where can you recruit from? Mark Stoops would be an idiot to take that dumpster fire of a job. Nebraska is resting on long lost laurels from a forgotten century. Recruits need their grandfather to tell them about Nebraska’s dominance.
Let me put it to you this way, you're here on a Nebraska board after a bad loss. Not one Nebraska fa. cares at all when Kentucky loses. Nebraska is a national brand and Kentucky is a basketball school.

Also we recruit nationally, always have.

Main criteria I hope Trev Alberts uses

- Has won at the P5 level
- Is a good recruiter and doesn't depend so much on spamming out 500 offers to put together a class but actually recruits and gets involved in NIL
- drills fundamentals daily
- Runs a system that can be recruited to at Nebraska

Again, has won at the P5 level.

Trev Alberts has $60M to work with to fire and hire.

Gruden

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT