ADVERTISEMENT

2022 version: who do you want to replace Scott Frost?

New Poll - who do you want to replace Scott Frost?

• Urbay Meyer - not coaching anyone

Votes: 33 22.0%
  • Hugh Freeze - Liberty HC. Former Ole Miss HC

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Jeff Hafley - Boston College HC

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Lance Leipold - Kansas HC. Former Buffalo and Whitewater HC

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Luke Fickell - Cincy HC

Votes: 22 14.7%
  • Dave Aranda Baylor HC

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Mark Stoops - KY

• Jason Candle - Toledo HC

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Jamey Chadwell - Coastal Carolina HC

• Other - such as PJ Fleck, Matt Campbell

Votes: 26 17.3%

• Total voters
He currently coaches a top 10 program and signed an extension through 2029.

True, but Baylor is a top 10 team because he built them into one, not because there is anything special about Waco or Baylor. It has always been a stepping stone job and the Big 12 is about to become the equivalent of the Mountain West. I bet he is in the B1G or the SEC in the next year or two.

I agree that Aranda will be coaching in the Big Ten or SEC in a year or two. Not saying it will be at Nebraska, but I see it happening.

Reactions: BleedRed78
True, but Baylor is a top 10 team because he built them into one, not because there is anything special about Waco or Baylor. It has always been a stepping stone job and the Big 12 is about to become the equivalent of the Mountain West. I bet he is in the B1G or the SEC in the next year or two.

I would prefer the other Kansas coach myself.

Reactions: RothMatt
Big 12 is about to purge the PAC and they’ve got 4 teams joining with better programs than Nebraska next year.

He would, it's a more prestigious job and easier path to success. He clearly doesn't like the disrespect of coaching at a basketball school.
Easier path to success? Stoops has won 4 bowl games in a row, two over Big 10 teams. When was the last time Nebraska did that? He’s entering the season ranked 20th. He’s got a very deep and talented team.

Stoops wouldn’t leave Lex for Nebraska for all the corn in that state. If I’m Nebraska, I’d go after someone like Fleck from Minnesota. At least he’s proved he can win in that conference.

I watched the game today. The biggest issue both of those teams have is speed or lack of. Both of those DLs looked like they were running in concrete. The Buckeyes will walk through that conference. Whoever replaces Frost has got a major job to improve team speed. Good luck on the search. I don’t see Frost making it through the season.

Glad to see your back!! Like most of your choices. Honestly I would start with Urban. I do not think Trev will hire him though. I do not see Trev willing to give him all power either. Brett Bielma I have been calling for years would be a good hire. I think he turns Illinois around eventually, I also think he is getable. I also like Lance from Kansas but would have to win at least 9 wins for Nebraska to be interested. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: headcard
Easier path to success? Stoops has won 4 bowl games in a row, two over Big 10 teams. When was the last time Nebraska did that? He’s entering the season ranked 20th. He’s got a very deep and talented team.

Stoops wouldn’t leave Lex for Nebraska for all the corn in that state. If I’m Nebraska, I’d go after someone like Fleck from Minnesota. At least he’s proved he can win in that conference.

I watched the game today. The biggest issue both of those teams have is speed or lack of. Both of those DLs looked like they were running in concrete. The Buckeyes will walk through that conference. Whoever replaces Frost has got a major job to improve team speed. Good luck on the search. I don’t see Frost making it through the season.
So to try and dispute me saying it's an easier path to success you point out Stoops success against the conference? Weird attempt.

Nebraska >Kentucky in terms of prestige, not really a debate.

No f'n way Stoops coaches the rest of his career as the HC at KY. He could finish second in the SEC East this year. He is a damn good coach and would recruit circles around the piss poor recruiters that have been at Nebraska since Callahan.

Frost spams out 500+ offers and doesn't partake in NIL conversations.

Nebraska is at a point where continuing to not win could actually cost them their place in the Big 10. The Pac-12 is teetering and there are a lot of attractive teams to poach from that league. I feel like Urban Meyer is gettable because 1) right now there aren't any big coaching jobs open at the marquee programs 2) He is a little tainted so his value is a little less for some of those jobs 3) He still wants to coach and wants to put the Jacksonville debacle behind him. I think NU should make a 9-10 million dollar offer and see what happens.
He isn't going back to the NFL, isn't going back to OSU, he isn't going back to Florida. Alabama, Texas, USC, Clemson, TA&M, Michigan, etc all have their coaches.
Hire Meyer.

• Love
Leipold would destory Scott Frost from a w-l perspective at Nebraska. Leipold would make sure the team is prepared, make adjustments, and play sound football. Every time he leaves a program they drop off right away.

The biggest negative for Leipold is that he isn't an elite recruiter. Gotta try and find someone that has won AND is a proven recruiter.

Nebraska is at a point where continuing to not win could actually cost them their place in the Big 10. The Pac-12 is teetering and there are a lot of attractive teams to poach from that league. I feel like Urban Meyer is gettable because 1) right now there aren't any big coaching jobs open at the marquee programs 2) He is a little tainted so his value is a little less for some of those jobs 3) He still wants to coach and wants to put the Jacksonville debacle behind him. I think NU should make a 9-10 million dollar offer and see what happens.
He isn't going back to the NFL, isn't going back to OSU, he isn't going back to Florida. Alabama, Texas, USC, Clemson, TA&M, Michigan, etc all have their coaches.
Hire Meyer.
I disagree

we are at a point right now when we could just turn full heel, never win another game & post tons of social media vids of our AD hammering the annual B1G media check

Hire Meyer.
Nebraska isn't getting kicked out of the B1G, get real.

Leipold would destory Scott Frost from a w-l perspective at Nebraska. Leipold would make sure the team is prepared, make adjustments, and play sound football. Every time he leaves a program they drop off right away.

The biggest negative for Leipold is that he isn't an elite recruiter. Gotta try and find someone that has won AND is a proven recruiter.
I am honestly at the point where I think we would win more games just recruiting Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Montana, N&S Dakota, Idaho, Colorado, and Oklahoma. Then developing and getting the best out of those states at this point.

Or just get some great recruiters on staff. Keeping Mickey, Busch and Applewhite would be a good start.

(just my opinion; but) Nebraska needs to hire a COACH. Not a name. Unfortunately, the timing is likely all wrong for this hire; but, one of the best young coaches out there is Kalen DeBoer (first year coach at the University of Washington). DeBoer is a native of Milbank, South Dakota. Head coach at University of Sioux Falls. Left to work up the ranks of some very good programs. He was hired as the head coach for Fresno State and was there for 2 years before the University of Washington hired him away. DeBoer's teams have always been known for their aggressive offense and the priority they give to recruiting. (Kalen DeBoer signed a 5 year contract with U of W for 16.5 Million last December.)

Or just get some great recruiters on staff. Keeping Mickey, Busch and Applewhite would be a good start.
you mean the 3 guys who shit themselves in front of the college football world today?

RBs sucked, WRs can't catch, Busch got shoved in a locker while frost made the most important ST call of the day

pass. those guys are losers.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
(just my opinion; but) Nebraska needs to hire a COACH. Not a name. Unfortunately, the timing is likely all wrong for this hire; but, one of the best young coaches out there is Kalen DeBoer (first year coach at the University of Washington). DeBoer is a native of Milbank, South Dakota. Head coach at University of Sioux Falls. Left to work up the ranks of some very good programs. He was hired as the head coach for Fresno State and was there for 2 years before the University of Washington hired him away. DeBoer's teams have always been known for their aggressive offense and the priority they give to recruiting. (Kalen DeBoer signed a 5 year contract with U of W for 16.5 Million last December.)

Why would the timing be wrong? Washington will be in the pac-12 that nobody cares about anymore and wouldn't be able to pay what Nebraska could with the new TV deal.

If he wins at Washington, you absolutely make a call.

I don't see poaching Bielema as a realistic. It he is a born and raised IL guy.

I know people will say Urban Meyer is not realistic, and I agree, but he isn't a head caoch so he goes on the list by default.

I'm no longer into the Kansas State and Iowa State head coaches. They can't recruit that good.

I know guys like Dan Lanning that is now the head coach at Oregon could be on the list or the new head coach at Washington. I'm not that high on Jeff Hafley anymore either since he is 7-11 in the ACC after two seasons.

I think Mark Stoops or Dave Aranda would be strong hires. Luke Fickell too. With the changes to college football conferences these days, maybe Trev Alberst can poach a good coach from the Pac-12, ACC, or
Nebraska will starting winning 9 plus games every year when they hire a coach who emphasizes discipline, toughness along the lines of scrimmage, great tackling on defense, and great special teams play. Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, and Minnesota win more then Nebraska because their coaches put an emphasize on what I listed above. The successful big ten west programs are comfortable with who they are and do not concern themselves with recruiting rankings, or having innovative “exciting” offenses.
Nebraska does not need a sexy, home-run hire.

You nubs live in a dream world….obviously

If Nebraska got Matt Campbell, then fine. He wouldn't be the best option out there, but a hell of a lot better than Scott Frost and Mike Rley.

Reactions: Truewooper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT