ADVERTISEMENT

2022 version: who do you want to replace Scott Frost?

New Poll - who do you want to replace Scott Frost?

• Urbay Meyer - not coaching anyone

Votes: 33 22.0%
  • Hugh Freeze - Liberty HC. Former Ole Miss HC

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Jeff Hafley - Boston College HC

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Lance Leipold - Kansas HC. Former Buffalo and Whitewater HC

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Luke Fickell - Cincy HC

Votes: 22 14.7%
  • Dave Aranda Baylor HC

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Mark Stoops - KY

• Jason Candle - Toledo HC

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Jamey Chadwell - Coastal Carolina HC

• Other - such as PJ Fleck, Matt Campbell

Votes: 26 17.3%

• Total voters

antirowboat

Junior
Jan 30, 2021
Main criteria I hope Trev Alberts uses

- Has won at the P5 level
- Is a good recruiter and doesn't depend so much on spamming out 500 offers to put together a class but actually recruits and gets involved in NIL
- drills fundamentals daily
- Runs a system that can be recruited to at Nebraska

Again, has won at the P5 level.

Trev Alberts has $60M to work with to fire and hire.

I don't see poaching Bielema as a realistic. It he is a born and raised IL guy.

I know people will say Urban Meyer is not realistic, and I agree, but he isn't a head caoch so he goes on the list by default.

I'm no longer into the Kansas State and Iowa State head coaches. They can't recruit that good.

I know guys like Dan Lanning that is now the head coach at Oregon could be on the list or the new head coach at Washington. I'm not that high on Jeff Hafley anymore either since he is 7-11 in the ACC after two seasons.

I think Mark Stoops or Dave Aranda would be strong hires. Luke Fickell too. With the changes to college football conferences these days, maybe Trev Alberst can poach a good coach from the Pac-12, ACC, or Big 12.

Main criteria I hope Trev Alberts uses

- Has won at the P5 level
- Is a good recruiter and doesn't depend so much on spamming out 500 offers to put together a class but actually recruits and gets involved in NIL
- drills fundamentals daily
- Runs a system that can be recruited to at Nebraska

Again, has won at the P5 level.

Trev Alberts has $60M to work with to fire and hire.
Damn, I thought you were gone for good

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Y’all are not getting Stoops. There’s maybe 3 jobs he would take and Nebraska isn’t one. We do accept certain players and coaches from there. See Marrow and Robinson

Reactions: WildcatofNati
I want to fire Frost once the buyout lowers . Hire Whipple as interim and have him train up Mickey to be the next head coach either next year or the year after.

Frost is the problem, I think him leaving would do wonders for our program.

really think any of these guys could get to Week 1 unbeaten?

I want to fire Frost once the buyout lowers . Hire Whipple as interim and have him train up Mickey to be the next head coach either next year or the year after.

mickey can't even coach his receivers to catch

• Sad
Reactions: BleedRed78
Fickell would only take the Ohio State or ND job, it is known.

Hafley and Aranda are the best coaches on there. Surprised Craig Bohl isn't on the list.

Reactions: headcard

Whipple needs to run the offense. I say let Mickey take over as interim now, find or promote a new WR coach and go from there. You could catch lightening in a bottle with Mickey and if not plenty of time to find the right guy.

I just need to say the thing that Nebraska STILL doesn't seem to understand is that they are not in the BigXII anymore. The single biggest problem with the entire program (for years) is that you don't/won't/frankly, don't want to RUN the ball. To win in this league, you need to run the ball and stop the run FIRST. This team doesn't seem interested in doing either.

I just need to say the thing that Nebraska STILL doesn't seem to understand is that they are not in the BigXII anymore. The single biggest problem with the entire program (for years) is that you don't/won't/frankly, don't want to RUN the ball. To win in this league, you need to run the ball and stop the run FIRST. This team doesn't seem interested in doing either.

The lack of development on both lines is why this staff will get fired. Although prior to this year, we were the most run heavy team in the B1G.

A lot of us know you need to run the football in the Big Ten. We have been arguing that for years.

Reactions: Truewooper
A lot of us know you need to run the football in the Big Ten. We have been arguing that for years.
the team that wins the b1g every year and is currently the largest favorite of any FBS team to win the conference again this year doesn't run the ball

only brainless dolts believe this B1G myth, just like the myth that it's a "deep and competitive" conference

Reactions: nostromo78
the team that wins the b1g every year and is currently the largest favorite of any FBS team to win the conference again this year doesn't run the ball

only brainless dolts believe this B1G myth, just like the myth that it's a "deep and competitive" conference
Ohio State can run the ball against any Big Ten team most years.

Reactions: BleedRed78
IMO, the head coach at Toledo would be a good hire. Remember watching some of their games last year and I really liked the offense they ran.

If they have a great O again this year, you have to at least take a look.

IMO, the head coach at Toledo would be a good hire. Remember watching some of their games last year and I really liked the offense they ran.

If they have a great O again this year, you have to at least take a look.

No

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT