ADVERTISEMENT

New Poll - who do you want to replace Scott Frost.

New list - who do you want to replace Scott Frost

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kalen DeBoer

47. from south dakota.

77-8 record as a head coach. Currently 10-5 overall record at Fresno State.

2nd best winning percentage among active head coaches. Ryan Day is #1.

If we went the G5 route, Kalen would be my #1 target. I was watching him since the start of the season and wanted to see what he does this season before talking about him. He wins. Has his entire head coaching career regardless of level of competition.

I don't think DoBoer would be a good fit here. He runs a very pass-heavy offense, while his offense ranks 83rd in rushing offense. His teams commit a lot of penalties and turnovers. And like Frost, he'd probably bring his whole inexperienced mid-major staff with him.

We need someone who will bring a focus on discipline and fundamentals, and is a tenacious recruiter. I'd rather take a chance on a coordinator at a big-time program, like Lanning at Georgia, someone whose been around the best coaches in the game and probably built a solid network of coaching and recruiting contacts, to build a great staff.

I don't think DoBoer would be a good fit here. He runs a very pass-heavy offense, while his offense ranks 83rd in rushing offense. His teams commit a lot of penalties and turnovers. And like Frost, he'd probably bring his whole inexperienced mid-major staff with him.

We need someone who will bring a focus on discipline and fundamentals, and is a tenacious recruiter. I'd rather take a chance on a coordinator at a big-time program, like Lanning at Georgia, someone whose been around the best coaches in the game and probably built a solid network of coaching and recruiting contacts, to build a great staff.
Good point.

Baylor's Dave Aranda could pass for Billy Corgan after a loss. So him.

Dave-Aranda-.jpg

Feel free to shoot me down, but what about Ed Orgeron? Could he perform better in the Big Ten West than the SEC West? I know he has struggled for two years in a row, but he is certainly a step up from what we have currently. I think he could recruit and be competitive in the west something we have not been in the last five years. We have to focus on being competitive in the west before we can ever think about conference titles or NC. Something I don’t think Frost has understood much.

Give him a 3 million, 3 year contract with invectives for winning the west, BIG championships, etc. I think it’s low risk, the only other name I like to be honest is Chris Petersen which I don’t think is even possible.
What about Ed for Offensive Coordinator? He could bring in OL coach and make this offense move. Defense has not been our problem. Frost gets one more year and Ed can have fun coaching with LSU’s money in his pocket. Ed would also bring some emotion to the staff, and maybe keep our seniors for one more year. He would also be attractive to recruits and allow Frost to be a CEO with a lot of the attention and pressure off him. Ed would also not be afraid to sit AM if he keeps up with the stupid plays. He did that at LSU.

What about Ed for Offensive Coordinator? He could bring in OL coach and make this offense move. Defense has not been our problem. Frost gets one more year and Ed can have fun coaching with LSU’s money in his pocket. Ed would also bring some emotion to the staff, and maybe keep our seniors for one more year. He would also be attractive to recruits and allow Frost to be a CEO with a lot of the attention and pressure off him. Ed would also not be afraid to sit AM if he keeps up with the stupid plays. He did that at LSU.

Ed O is a defensive guy. Coached DL his entire career before becoming HC at LSU.

that is the best you could make up for your own reasons? Do better.
What does he have to do better. Are you Trev??? There are a lot of factors that go into this and as someone stated if the big booster money is behind Frost that makes it even tougher to can Frost. I think a lot of us as fans are done with Frost, but lots of behind the scene things exist.

Last edited:
that is the best you could make up for your own reasons? Do better.

My reasons I could come up with many...Trev Alberts is the AD and he wants to keep Frost. It's pretty simple from there unless enough would force him to let Frost go.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
My reasons I could come up with many...Trev Alberts is the AD and he wants to keep Frost. It's pretty simple from there unless enough would force him to let Frost go.

How do you know Trev wants to keep Frost?

I tried Wikipedia for coach Other to try to find out more about his coaching history and philosophy. Not having any luck but he seems popular and is currently the leader in this poll.

I tried Wikipedia for coach Other to try to find out more about his coaching history and philosophy. Not having any luck but he seems popular and is currently the leader in this poll.
I'm leaning towards wanting to bring Callahan back just to watch heads explode....Laughing

Dave Arranda, Tom Herman, or do what it takes to get Meyer. Can’t miss on the next one. Too many facilities and new things to pay for.

Reactions: BleedRed78
You guys are delusional if you think a current P5 coach is taking this job. From the outside this is probably the worst P5 job in the nation. Insane expectations with a non existent recruiting base. Lol.

Who’s the MAC coach of the year this year? That’s your guy.
Your mom would be great for the job

Reactions: WHCSC
You should be supporting the HC rather than undermining him! Just a few short years ago you were praying that Scott picked the Big Red!!!

5ade3b6775ed4.image.jpg

Reactions: rucker4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT