ADVERTISEMENT

1ST HALF GAME THREAD!!!

I really think we should give up the whole 'backpedal and form a pocket' pass blocking scheme, even though it's a normal strategy, our guys are unable to do it. I would like to see regular run blocking (that doesn't go down field) and feel it would give Casey more time to throw than having those linemen backpedal while trying to block.

Not that Whipple would ever call one, but our OL doesn’t even give us time to through a quick slant.

I'll be surprised if see Henrich again this season. Gonna need to move a safety into the linebacker position the way the linebackers are dropping.

gag-dumb-and-dumber.gif
Can someone please photoshop/edit this gif to put a Nebraska hat on Lloyd?

Option offense with Smothers might be our best option. With this bad of an offensive line, you have to have a QB who can run.

Reactions: Seascout3
I really think we should give up the whole 'backpedal and form a pocket' pass blocking scheme, even though it's a normal strategy, our guys are unable to do it. I would like to see regular run blocking (that doesn't go down field) and feel it would give Casey more time to throw than having those linemen backpedal while trying to block.
You have 3 yards of buffer right? I've thought teams should have been doing this for awhile now.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
This walk on running back is truck-sticking all over Nebraska. Should've called timeout to save time. Nebraska's gotta be aggressive to end the half even if it results in another turnover.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
We have an offensive coaching staff who knows ****ing damn well how horrible the line is, and yet they continue to try and run a pocket passing offense with a running game limited to between the tackles. Bullshit scheme for this level of talent. We need to get the QB moving out of the pocket. And we need more running wide, maybe even some zone read

Odd how Frost disdained the running game, given his playing time at Nebraska. I saw Michigan win with the run today and now Purdue smashing us.

You have 3 yards of buffer right? I've thought teams should have been doing this for awhile now.
yeah, can't go more than 3 yards is my understanding.. I think it would give him more time. It wouldn't look normal, but our guys are incapable of back pedaling. They say they can run block better, so to me, it's worth a shot.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT