ADVERTISEMENT

Woods Crystal Ball

Starting to research what the 2023 class looks like in Nebraska. Mizzou needs to convince these kids to stay local instead of going to far away SEC schools like Auburn and Georgia. A Mizzou pipeline from Nebraska is pretty exciting.

You got your once a decade kid. Now just worry about re-recruiting him after JUCO.

Are you still on campus?

Countless more people from Nebraska travel to Missouri than vice versa.

It’s amusing that so many people from Nebraska and other surrounding states travel to Missouri to spend time and money in the Ozarks, catch a Royals, Chiefs or Cardinals game. In many instances, Missouri becomes their permanent home as that’s where they find employment.

Wise up Nubs! You poor folks want and need Missouri for leisure and employment.
Nebraska has rather strict laws on incest. So ya, Mystery travelers don't find Nebraska welcome. Oh, and Nebraskans frown on racist swine, so there's that, too.

Last edited:
Maybe Nubs haven’t figured out how to do multiple things at once.

In Missouri, being on Rivals is something that can be done while also enjoying many great things our state offers.

Is being on Rivals actually the entertainment for Nubs? I hope not. That would be sad and pathetic.
So is a lack of opposable thumbs, but you've probably been doing fine without them.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
I live in Missouri.

I have a life with many great things to do in the great state of Missouri.

You on the other hand likely live in Nebraska. Tell me about all of the great things in your state.
You may have a point here. I've pinched many a satisfying deuce in Mystery. Tell you what, since I'm upstream of you fine folks, I'll flush twice.

• Haha
I find all of this very, very hard to believe. That being said, what makes all reasonable people say Mizzou is on the upswing? They fired a coach that went 7-6, 8-5, 6-6 and the new guy just went 5-5.
Do we really need to go over the brilliant firing of your past coaches to land on frosty? There is always Creighton!

Columbia is a dump. Stayed there one night on a road trip. Meth heads everywhere just walking the streets. I thought for sure my BMW would be broken into, but luckily it wasn’t. What an awful state.

• Love
Reactions: dinglefritz
So............. its a coaching issue?.......... or inability to identify proper talent?

There are a lot of factors that have gone into Nebraska's struggles the last several years.

3 coaches in five years, led to a ton of roster turnover. Big changes in offensive and defensive schemes led to a bunch of players that didn't quite fit in the systems, many left and many were square pegs in round holes.

Poor in game coaching and decision making from the QB position made the results much worse than they had to be the last few years. Nebraska has flat given away a bunch of games lately. Just last year without AM's INT in the endzone against NW and CTB's muffed punt against Iowa, we win both games and are right in the hunt to win the division.

Bad luck with injuries also took a toll on Nebraska. In 2019 we lost three kickers to season ending injuries. We couldn't kick FG's and had to pouch kick kickoffs, which cost us multiple games. In 2018 AM was intentionally hurt against Colorado, which not only cost us that game, but the next against Troy. Those are crazy outside the ordinary injuries. We wish we had the depth and/or coaching to overcome those, but we have not.

So what has caused all of Mizzou's struggles over the same time frame and why are fans so confident this coach is an improvement? He didn't show any improvement last year. Is the optimism purely based on early recruiting results?

He’s not even the highest rated recruit in mizzous class

Congrats on that. But I was referring to once a decade from Nebraska. As the clown I replied to was talking about "a Mizzou pipeline from Nebraska".

Reactions: Laner2
chase-eats-boogers-small.jpg

There are a lot of factors that have gone into Nebraska's struggles the last several years.

3 coaches in five years, led to a ton of roster turnover. Big changes in offensive and defensive schemes led to a bunch of players that didn't quite fit in the systems, many left and many were square pegs in round holes.

Poor in game coaching and decision making from the QB position made the results much worse than they had to be the last few years. Nebraska has flat given away a bunch of games lately. Just last year without AM's INT in the endzone against NW and CTB's muffed punt against Iowa, we win both games and are right in the hunt to win the division.

Bad luck with injuries also took a toll on Nebraska. In 2019 we lost three kickers to season ending injuries. We couldn't kick FG's and had to pouch kick kickoffs, which cost us multiple games. In 2018 AM was intentionally hurt against Colorado, which not only cost us that game, but the next against Troy. Those are crazy outside the ordinary injuries. We wish we had the depth and/or coaching to overcome those, but we have not.

So what has caused all of Mizzou's struggles over the same time frame and why are fans so confident this coach is an improvement? He didn't show any improvement last year. Is the optimism purely based on early recruiting results?
Good Question, Bo could not head coach, Bo could not recruit. Bo was shit. Gary Pinkel caught lightning in a bottle and coached up 3 star players better than anyone. He also managed to fill key skill positions to exploit. QB, TE, WR. Sentimental past player coach hires can be disasters. Again see Bo and see Kim Andersen for B-ball. You have to change the view and mentality on the recruiting trail. Nebraska needs more of this as well. Zero mention of your school in this area where you use to have your pick and its been years. Players are taking note in KC and STL. Drink can coach, he can recruit. Forget his first year salvaging Bo's recruiting class mess. Good news is that alot of those kids are gone. Would not be surprised if MU's recruiting class had 10 plus 4 stars this year. Fill the cupboard and coach. 24 to 36 month turnarounds are rare on a new hire. Im optimistic, its a work in process.

I scratch my head on Nebraska firing 10 game win coaches!

Good Question, Bo could not head coach, Bo could not recruit. Bo was shit. Gary Pinkel caught lightning in a bottle and coached up 3 star players better than anyone. He also managed to fill key skill positions to exploit. QB, TE, WR. Sentimental past player coach hires can be disasters. Again see Bo and see Kim Andersen for B-ball. You have to change the view and mentality on the recruiting trail. Nebraska needs more of this as well. Zero mention of your school in this area where you use to have your pick and its been years. Players are taking note in KC and STL. Drink can coach, he can recruit. Forget his first year salvaging Bo's recruiting class mess. Good news is that alot of those kids are gone. Would not be surprised if MU's recruiting class had 10 plus 4 stars this year. Fill the cupboard and coach. 24 to 36 month turnarounds are rare on a new hire. Im optimistic, its a work in process.

I scratch my head on Nebraska firing 10 game win coaches!
It’s not just the number of 4 Stars. What is most impressive is that Drink is getting Top 250 players.

If Drink wins 8 or 9 games this season, look out!

misery gets a recruit, and Cletus and Billy Bob have to rush over to tell big brother about it. Biggest thing to happen in misery since free gubmint cheese day in the 'holler?
m-i-z .. k-e-y .. m-o-u-s-e

I mentioned Ducker earlier in this thread and said I believed he would end up at Iowa. A few seemed convinced he was going to Auburn. They were right. He just committed to Auburn a few minutes ago.

Lol, so risky for a tightend to go to Iowa! How many guys that played TE for Kirk Ferentz have cashed NFL paychecks?

Brian Ferentz isn’t a factor in MRD’s decision whatsoever. Name image likeness on the other hand is massive. Auburn is playing that angle up and by all accounts, it’s working very well.
He decided that he was not going to be a part of that racist program. Good luck with recruiting while BF is there. Right now he is too toxic

• Haha
Reactions: Flick2.0
Everyone be careful not to step in the bullshit.^
how about keeping this inbred game of pattycake on the side of the river that stinks like bullsh*t where it belongs?

iowegians are all the same - totally and utterly awash in irrelevance and fecal matter

Reactions: SOHusker11
You have plenty of other things to be worried about.

The days of Father Tom hanging 70 on inferior opponents and Nebraska fans puffing out their chests after giving a pity clap are a distant memory.

Maybe Frost can find a star player “that needs football in his life”.
So you admit to being inferior then?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT