ADVERTISEMENT

Will the Gophers need a new coach?

I think Fleck would like to take advantage of this season and move on, but I haven’t really heard his name associated with any jobs. I know his people tried to link his name with FSU, but that hasn’t seemed to get any traction.

I think Fleck would like to take advantage of this season and move on, but I haven’t really heard his name associated with any jobs. I know his people tried to link his name with FSU, but that hasn’t seemed to get any traction.
i don't think he should leave after 2 seasons. he's building something nice there. big jobs will always be there. he wins everywhere he goes.

i don't think he should leave after 2 seasons. he's building something nice there. big jobs will always be there. he wins everywhere he goes.
I tend to disagree. Who knows if he will ever be this coveted again. I could see them falling back to reality and Fleck never being on the short list of good programs again. Got to seize the opportunity while it’s available.

If Fleck feels he really can set root and grow into a huge competitor, I would stay at Minnesota if I were in his shoes. To make a hot rod out of a 95 year old jalopy is a ton more impressive, in my opinion, than going to FSU and working over a suspension issue with a vehicle that has all the sponsors.

He can do something GREAT at Minnesota. If he does it at FSU, it will always be half his work and half university already set up and fine tuned to succeed.

Haven't seen anything anywhere that indicates he is interested in another job right now. He is probably comfortable at MN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT