ADVERTISEMENT

The new Big 10 power rankings

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven

GMX50e3WcAEjEdk

We play Nos. 15 and 16 at home, and Nos. 17 and 18 away. If we're really improved, we win those four along with non-con games against UTEP and UNI to get to a bowl for the first time in eight years. At least half of us are happy.

Need more than that? Beat CU at home for No. 7, Rutgers at home for No. 8. Win those and I think 90 percent of us are happy.

Then it's the twin nemeses from up north, Wisconsin at home and at Iowa. Win either or both, and this program is a rocket on the launch pad.

Beat either OSU or USC on the road, and we're on the damn moon.

Last edited:
I thought Iowa seemed high, then i looked at their schedule. They have a knack for always being dealt the easiest possible schedule in the B1G.

I could see Rutgers opening 4-0, they might be a sneaky tough team when they come to Lincoln.

Maryland and Northwestern should be swapped. I look for Maryland to be the perennial conference doormat

Ha, the only thing you can count on in pre-season predictions is that those predictions will be proven to be wrong.
Except the top two. I do think Ohio St. and Oregon are the best teams in the conference, and they will challenge each other for the B1G title. Both will be playoff teams, obviously.

God, don't get them started.

They come here and admit they are happy just winning 6 games, getting 35K fans in the stadium and making a bowl game...then they get mad when they get called a farm team.
I’m a Purdue alum. But I don’t brag about any team. I was a Nebraska fan before I went to Purdue

I thought Iowa seemed high, then i looked at their schedule. They have a knack for always being dealt the easiest possible schedule in the B1G.

I could see Rutgers opening 4-0, they might be a sneaky tough team when they come to Lincoln.

Maryland and Northwestern should be swapped. I look for Maryland to be the perennial conference doormat
Clarkeyes have no QB other than a China doll.

It really is going to be interesting seeing these two football philosophies collide this fall. I watched quite a few late games last year and some of them looked like they were playing two hand touch. On the flip side, BIG offenses as a whole need to score more to keep up.

IF they live up to expectations. What's interesting this year is that #3 team could be angling for a playoff spot.
That's what I like about the 12-team Playoff. One bad game doesn't eliminate a team.

I'd flip PSU and Michigan. Just don't believe Michigan can replace what they've lost on offense this year including their top 6 OL.

And the big unknown is USC. If they can put a decent defense on the field, watch out. Of course that's a big if with any Lincoln Riley team. They will score a ton of points however

Maryland and Northwestern should be swapped. I look for Maryland to be the perennial conference doorma
I was also surprised to see Iowa that high, but this is a waaaay too early guess that someone threw together over a couple of margaritas and a bowl of chips. Our QB situation is a complete joke at the moment and that is saying a LOT after last season.

• Haha
Reactions: BumHumpingHawkeye
I was also surprised to see Iowa that high, but this is a waaaay too early guess that someone threw together over a couple of margaritas and a bowl of chips. Our QB situation is a complete joke at the moment and that is saying a LOT after last season.
who's the QB looking to be?

who's the QB looking to be?
Ol’ Glass Knees from Michigan will be the starter if he has recovered from his 3rd season ending injury . When he goes down for #4, QB2 will be the guy who couldn’t beat out the worst QB in D1 last year until he hit the portal this spring (Deacon Hill). Marco Lainez will be the guy who sees the most snaps for Iowa this season, and we will all be hoping the defense is even better this year, because we ain’t scoring points on offense.

It really is going to be interesting seeing these two football philosophies collide this fall. I watched quite a few late games last year and some of them looked like they were playing two hand touch. On the flip side, BIG offenses as a whole need to score more to keep up.
I don't know about that. Teams like Washington and Oregon looked as physical as any Big 10 team. Just because some of those teams believe in having team speed doesn't mean they aren't physical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT