ADVERTISEMENT

Why not just label the balls?

RollingLaughWomen want same equality with Men’s sports but yet have to have a smaller basketball to compete with..
And doesn't that seem stupid? Like, if you are going to change something, just move that hoop down to like 9 feet (or probably 7 feet, even though we have posters here that SWEAR the girls game is ****ing amazing)

I remember in high school having separate bins for men's and women's balls. They were pretty clearly marked. Forget if they had the circumference printed on them or if it was just labeled w or m. But zero chance you wouldn't immediately know. Huge difference in feel.
How did they go a whole half. Would have taken 10 seconds to sort it.

Weird.

And doesn't that seem stupid? Like, if you are going to change something, just move that hoop down to like 9 feet (or probably 7 feet, even though we have posters here that SWEAR the girls game is ****ing amazing)
Women's basketball puts the FUN in fundamentals.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Was the same ball used by both teams? Seems like Duke head coach is making a big deal out of this even though they both played with the same ball.

Reactions: HuskerO and OzzyLvr
Cannot wait to see her reaction when she has to play a guy on the opposing team who is pretending to be a girl. Surprised tgis hasn't happened yet in all honesty.
"Lauren, come here, look...you can do it, you can totally shut down that...Ugggg, I mean...look, I know "she" is 6'5 and 210 pounds and can dunk but "SHE" only average 6 points a game at Kentucky, where she was a guy"

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Yes not a chance. Maybe some top tier HS varsity teams with multiple kids going D1.. You're not just picking some random HS team off the street with NO college athletes and beating South Carolina or Uconn
So the state champ in Class A, couldn’t beat the #1 women NCAA team?

Is that what you think?:rolleyes:

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Yes not a chance. Maybe some top tier HS varsity teams with multiple kids going D1.. You're not just picking some random HS team off the street with NO college athletes and beating South Carolina or Uconn
You think it would take a HS team with MULTIPLE D1 kids? Really?

I mean, the avg varsity team in Chicago, Dallas, LA, NY...they are bigger, faster, stronger and taller, on avg, at every position.

Maybe you are right but I would be shocked.

I had the chance to coach girl HS basketball (one season) and we would have been dominated by a good middle school boys team. This was reserve, not varsity.

You think it would take a HS team with MULTIPLE D1 kids? Really?

I mean, the avg varsity team in Chicago, Dallas, LA, NY...they are bigger, faster, stronger and taller, on avg, at every position.

Maybe you are right but I would be shocked.
Yes really..

So the state champ in Class A, couldn’t beat the #1 women NCAA team?

Is that what you think?:rolleyes:
I always wonder...why do girls teams practice against guys? Hmmm

Interesting, I mean, why bother doing that...since those girls teams are so dominate. Ha

Interesting, I mean, why bother doing that...since those girls teams are so dominate. Ha
No top Womens college basketball team practices against HS basketball teams

Had done this with a friend when we coached 6th grade boys basket.. we would ask 8/ninth grade girls team to scrimmage us and majority of the time it was close games but the boys won 3 out of 4 times..

All right tjrsker, Bellevue West boys would beat the Nebraska Women’s team ..

Would you agree that? or are you high..

I was at UNL in the mid 90's, we used to get some guys together every Wednesday and go to the Devaney and scrimmage against the Lady Huskers basketball team. We'd warm up while they were practicing, then about the last 30 minutes of their practice we'd scrimmage them, with refs and scoreboards and all. (One of our buddies' cousin was a team manager, so Coach Beck asked if she could find some boys to scrimmage against, so she asked our buddy to round up some guys)

We'd show up with 6 or so guys (one sub), some had played Class A varsity, some lower class B/C/D varsity, some got cut from varsity and some that didn't play basketball at all in high school- so a good mix of talent.

The girl Huskers would generally beat us in half court scrimmages, inbounds plays, etc. But when we'd get to full court scrimmages, we'd usually beat them. They were always competitive scrimmages, pretty evenly matched. But we were too fast in the open court for them.

This was when they were Top 25 if I recall correctly.

I was at UNL in the mid 90's, we used to get some guys together every Wednesday and go to the Devaney and scrimmage against the Lady Huskers basketball team. We'd warm up while they were practicing, then about the last 30 minutes of their practice we'd scrimmage them, with refs and scoreboards and all. (One of our buddies' cousin was a team manager, so Coach Beck asked if she could find some boys to scrimmage against, so she asked our buddy to round up some guys)

We'd show up with 6 or so guys (one sub), some had played Class A varsity, some lower class B/C/D varsity, some got cut from varsity and some that didn't play basketball at all in high school- so a good mix of talent.

The girl Huskers would generally beat us in half court scrimmages, inbounds plays, etc. But when we'd get to full court scrimmages, we'd usually beat them. They were always competitive scrimmages, pretty evenly matched. But we were too fast in the open court for them.

If we start this a bit different, it works another way..

Dear Penthouse, I never thought this would happen to a guy like me...

I was at UNL in the mid 90's, we used to get some guys together every Wednesday and go to the Devaney and scrimmage against the Lady Huskers basketball team. We'd warm up while they were practicing, then about the last 30 minutes of their practice we'd scrimmage them, with refs and scoreboards and all. (One of our buddies' cousin was a team manager, so Coach Beck asked if she could find some boys to scrimmage against, so she asked our buddy to round up some guys)...

After the scrimmage is when the fun really started...I still can't believe it...

I’d argue that the Nebraska C2 champ every year would beat any women’s college team at least 5/10 times.

How the hell did none of the players notice that in the first half?? I would notice if it were a women’s ball

South Cock starters are 6'5, 6'2, 6'1, 5,9, and 5'9.

Just guessing, but here is about how MN would have lined up a few years ago.

Murrell 6'9
Green 6'4
Sallis 6'3
Thomas 6'5
Johnson 5'10

MN bigger, stronger, faster and would name the score vs South Carolina.

I guess I would need to hear reasons as to why a varsity guys HS team would not beat them?

Physically I think it is fair to say that the guys would be bigger, stronger, faster, longer and jump higher at every spot on the floor, right? I don't think that is a stretch.

So, now you are talking about what, "team play" or "fundamentals" I get that, but when one team is bigger, faster, stronger, longer...you can't even get into your sets, your sets that you start at the top of the key are now pushed out 5-7 feet.

Your shots from 3 are pushed out another 2-3 feet. Layups are harder to convert, passing lanes are pushed out.

It is like when you see a 16 seed vs a 1 seed in the dance.

South Cock starters are 6'5, 6'2, 6'1, 5,9, and 5'9.

Just guessing, but here is about how MN would have lined up a few years ago.

Murrell 6'9
Green 6'4
Sallis 6'3
Thomas 6'5
Johnson 5'10

MN bigger, stronger, faster and would name the score vs South Carolina.
Just look at what Edey does against dudes that are 5 inches shorter than him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT