ADVERTISEMENT

1.23.24 Bracketology

mwulf

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2013
Thigh Land
Last edited:
They are 2-3 away from home against power 5

That 2-3 record is a bunch of BS. Oregon St is dog shit and that was at a neutral site. Kansas St is their only true road win which is their only quality "road win." The road losses are worse such as losing by 11 to Minnesota after being up 17 points, 16 to Wisconsin and 18 to Iowa. Those were all horrible losses. And let's not forget that awesome display of losing by nearly 30 to Creighton, .

I am on record as saying this team appears to be better in several aspects compared to previous Hoiberg teams but if Nebraska gets blanked on the road in the Big 10, they will be lucky to make the NIT because I will bet money they won't win all of their remaining home games.

You are clueless dude...
So it's ok for you to attack me because I am realistic but yet there are a bunch of guys that are blowing smoke up their own ass saying "if Nebraska can win these next 11 out of 14 they will be a 4-seed. So GFY.

Tonight at Rutgers is one of those tweener games. Not fatal if you lose, but advances your cause a bit if you win. Losing starts to wear any remaining margin for error pretty thin.

Reactions: cruelhalo
That 2-3 record is a bunch of BS. Oregon St is dog shit and that was at a neutral site. Kansas St is their only true road win which is their only quality "road win." The road losses are worse such as losing by 11 to Minnesota after being up 17 points, 16 to Wisconsin and 18 to Iowa. Those were all horrible losses. And let's not forget that awesome display of losing by nearly 30 to Creighton, .

I am on record as saying this team appears to be better in several aspects compared to previous Hoiberg teams but if Nebraska gets blanked on the road in the Big 10, they will be lucky to make the NIT because I will bet money they won't win all of their remaining home games.
You seem fun....

horrible losses is a bit hyperbolic here.

KenPom has them in top 75.. so yeah it would be as a road win. Road wins are very valuable. Now they could fall out of top 75, but I wrote this up based on current data

KenPom has them in top 75.. so yeah it would be as a road win. Road wins are very valuable. Now they could fall out of top 75, but I wrote this up based on current data
Sure, road wins are quad 1 if the team is 1-75, so at this time it would qualify. I’m just doubtful that at the end of the season a win at Michigan would be a quad 1 win

Sure, road wins are quad 1 if the team is 1-75, so at this time it would qualify. I’m just doubtful that at the end of the season a win at Michigan would be a quad 1 win
Honestly, I feel as though Nebraska may be able to beat Michigan in Annie Arbor. Nebraska is playing for something while Michigan is playing to end the season. Depends on the psyche.

EDIT... Strongly doubt Michigan will do enough to be considered a Quad 1.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
horrible losses is a bit hyperbolic here.
possibly but Nebraska wasn't in those games. They had Minnesota down big at half and pissed it away. That was an ugly-ass loss. They weren't competitive in the Wisconsin or Iowa games and Creighton was a bloody ass whoopin.

Color me shocked if they make it. Also if we don't, I am sure they will figure out a way to justify keeping Fred for another failed year.
Improvement.
Very few coaches get fired if they improve unless you have an ambitious AD.

it's called being realistic. Why are so many of you guys slumming on the free board? Not enough good topics over there?
Post/Like ratio checks out. I'll put it this way. When you post and the entire thread turns against you, its you. You can dig your heels in and try to fight it but you are in "message board quicksand". The harder you try to justify yourself the further you get to your head going under.

Post/Like ratio checks out. I'll put it this way. When you post and the entire thread turns against you, its you. You can dig your heels in and try to fight it but you are in "message board quicksand". The harder you try to justify yourself the further you get to your head going under.
Go away.

Reactions: HuskersNC
I get being a skeptic of Nebraska basketball. That's the safe, wise and all-knowing position to take if you just want to be right. But here's the thing, there are objective reasons to believe that this team is slightly different than what we've seen for most of our lives. There's also every rational reason to expect ups and downs. At this point in the season NO ONE should be saying "we're great, we're going to win this many games" and NO ONE should be saying "well, we got killed vs ____ so we suck as usual and we're done." Both positions are hyperbolic and silly. I'm trying to enjoy having something to watch this winter and very much hoping that we can squeak into March Madness because it would be FUN.

I really, really suspect some of you just hate fun and you just can't let yourself relax and enjoy the ups and downs of a program that has no reason to expect success but every reason to hope there are a few more big wins in store this season.

Just saw Juwan Gary has a calf strain!

larry david snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Nebraska is not a tournament team.

Nebraska fans havent got a clue what a tournament team looks like, so when we see an NIT team we go bonkers.

“But there is still a path” yeah thats true of 100 other teams, and at least 70 of them will have better resumes than a team that loses every single road game to piddling teams.

Nebraska is not a tournament team.

Nebraska fans havent got a clue what a tournament team looks like, so when we see an NIT team we go bonkers.

“But there is still a path” yeah thats true of 100 other teams, and at least 70 of them will have better resumes than a team that loses every single road game to piddling teams.
Geeze man. Nebraska beat the sh!t outta the best team in the country so give it a rest. Yeah they must win another road game or two, but quit sh!tting on everyone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT