ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa cannot fill their pissdrunk stadium

Can you imagine how bad it must smell when iowa does fill their stadium…

grossed out seinfeld GIF by HULU

Reactions: Papa...Football
Kirk should hire the coach to call his offense. His son sucks. Is his daughter coaching anywhere?

To paraphrase a book I read years ago, titled “Anywhere but Here”. Was not about Iowa, but should have been.

Three things that cannot be fulfilled.

The want of the rich for more
The want of the sick for anything better
And the want of an Iowan, for anyplace but here.

Apologies to the author.

"Both events are great for women’s athletics and the Children’s Hospital got a $250k donation out of the deal."

I agree. Tens of thousands showing up to celebrate & support both sports was very impressive. Many of our young daughters can now dream of playing sports on a much bigger stage than they could yesterday. And the $250k for their children's hospital was extra frosting on the attendance cake by the Hawkeyes.

If nothing else, can BTN now spend some money on higher resolution cameras for Volleyball?! On replays challenging if there was a touch or not you can barely tell the players have individual fingers. Nebraska Public Media doesn't that issue - get better cameras BTN.

“Bluder's idea for an outdoor game came to her when 9,000 fans showed up for a campus celebration in April upon the Hawkeyes' return from the NCAA championship game against LSU.”

Fact check: Bluder got the idea after The Huskers announced Volleyball Night in Nebraska😎

At the end of the day it’s a pretty awesome event for women’s sports and a great turnout especially with the weather not being sunny and 75. I could see LSU trying to one-up them in the near future - they took the title and now will try and take the record.

Great fundraiser for the Children’s Hospital as well!

“The Iowa coach came up with the plan for her team to play an outdoor game at Kinnick Stadium…”
Apparently, copied the idea means “came up with” in Iowa.

55,000 was Iowa’s answer?

“The game was Iowa's answer to August's "Volleyball Day in Nebraska," an outdoor doubleheader featuring the national power Nebraska Cornhuskers and three other in-state college teams that drew 92,003 to Memorial Stadium in Lincoln for the highest documented attendance ever for a women's sporting event.”

Pretty lame freaking answer!

What’s the “mimicry?” The outdoor event or a women’s outdoor event? Both events are great for women’s athletics and the Children’s Hospital got a $250k donation out of the deal.
I agree. I think this stuff is great for women's sports and anything that helps out the kids is awesome for me. Don't care if it is Iowa or not.

Would have been nice for the Iowa coach to give Nebraska volleyball credit for the idea, instead of claiming it was her idea. But that’s typical Iowa only good thing is they did donate money to the children’s hospital

Would have been nice for the Iowa coach to give Nebraska volleyball credit for the idea, instead of claiming it was her idea. But that’s typical Iowa only good thing is they did donate money to the children’s hospital
Would have been nice for Nebraska Volleyball to give Iowa Wrestling credit for the idea.

Last edited:
Bluder would have been much better off by not saying “this wouldn’t happen anywhere else but Iowa”. Excuse me??? That’s laughable.

What you guys did with the outdoor volleyball was AWESOME! I have twin girls and we watched it! They even said, "Dad, this is cool!" Damn right it is, dream big!
Best of luck this year, I'm expecting a loss in Lincoln!

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
What you guys did with the outdoor volleyball was AWESOME! I have twin girls and we watched it! They even said, "Dad, this is cool!" Damn right it is, dream big!
Agreed on the awesome event. Jury is still out on the loss in Lincoln but I tend to agree that any "somewhat balanced team" should be able to beat Iowa.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Agreed on the awesome event. Jury is still out on the loss in Lincoln but I tend to agree that any "somewhat balanced team" should be able to beat
Sorry if already posted

Ioway missed our mark for attendance by almost 40,000

So sucks to be an Idiot Wandering Around Outside.

Soooo. Bluder says she thought of this in April. Interesting. Volleyball day in Nebraska tickets went on sale April 20.

$5/ticket. Good gesture to give 250k to the hospital.

2.3M vs .275M

Entirely different situation/concept for women’s sport 😬🥴🤣
To be fair it doesn’t take a genius to come up with the idea of playing an inside sport in your massive outdoor facility. Just got to make sure the demand is there.

Fact Check:

Coach Bluder got the idea from the Iowa wrestling team playing Okie St in Kinnick a few years ago, which was a huge success! That's the same place Nebraska got the idea to play a volley ball game in your stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT