ADVERTISEMENT

1.23.24 Bracketology

The good news is we get Michigan twice, so that gets us to 17 right there. I also think we will beat Minny, Rutgers and PSU at home. From there just need to take a couple on the road. The schedule isn't too daunting as we've already beaten a few of the teams. I just hope Fred and the team can figure it out on the road. GBR

There are times watching this team when I think they will not only make the NCAA Tournament, but win a game or two. They look as good as any team we’ve seen since the early 90’s. Then things like Rutgers (or Minnesota) happen, and I am reminded that this is still NU hoops.

I’m currently optimistic that they will find a way to get to 11-9 or 12-8 in the league, and will use the B1G Tournament to improve seeding. I also reserve the right to become miserably pessimistic.

BTN had some kind of stat last night that showed the lowest winning percentage on the road for the Top 10 teams in many, many years. I didn't catch the exact winning percentage and dates, but it sure shows how difficult it is to win on the road regardless of how good a team is. I have maintained needing to win all home games, or maybe 1 home loss since B1G play started and we have a decent chance of getting in.

Last edited:
Today's Bracketology has us as a 9-seed
If we win 2 of the next 4 (We will be favored in 0 of them) we will need to win 3 of the last 7 and we probably get in.

If we one of them... we will need to win 5 of the last 7

If we win 0... we will have to sweep the remaining game or come up with 7 wins with the Big 10 tournament.

Win the next two @Maryland and Home against Wisconsin... we will be a 5 or 6 seed in most Brackets. Just would have to look average the rest of the way and we'd be at worst a 9 seed

Reactions: cruelhalo
If we win 2 of the next 4 (We will be favored in 0 of them) we will need to win 3 of the last 7 and we probably get in.

If we one of them... we will need to win 5 of the last 7

If we win 0... we will have to sweep the remaining game or come up with 7 wins with the Big 10 tournament.

Win the next two @Maryland and Home against Wisconsin... we will be a 5 or 6 seed in most Brackets. Just would have to look average the rest of the way and we'd be at worst a 9 seed

We just need to take care of business at home and we will be in. If we lose to Wisconsin at home, we will need to win one on the road, or win a couple in the Big Ten tourney. We should be able to beat Michigan on the road.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
That 2-3 record is a bunch of BS. Oregon St is dog shit and that was at a neutral site. Kansas St is their only true road win which is their only quality "road win." The road losses are worse such as losing by 11 to Minnesota after being up 17 points, 16 to Wisconsin and 18 to Iowa. Those were all horrible losses. And let's not forget that awesome display of losing by nearly 30 to Creighton, .

I am on record as saying this team appears to be better in several aspects compared to previous Hoiberg teams but if Nebraska gets blanked on the road in the Big 10, they will be lucky to make the NIT because I will bet money they won't win all of their remaining home games.
oregon state beat uofa last night.

Just landed and saw Nebraska bitched out on the road again. Sorta reminds me of the football team; win one and it's a bowl game.

DOINK

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
It seems more likely this team finds a way to play themselves out of the NCAA tournament. And that's not just based on decades and decades of irrelevance, this team has guys that love nothing more than to just stand there like slack-jawed idiots when an opponent shoots the ball, allowing said opponent to grab an easy bucket on the offensive rebound. This, naturally, is followed by an inbounds pass that is immediately kicked out of bounds for no reason other than being a moron. Rinse and repeat.

It seems more likely this team finds a way to play themselves out of the NCAA tournament. And that's not just based on decades and decades of irrelevance, this team has guys that love nothing more than to just stand there like slack-jawed idiots when an opponent shoots the ball, allowing said opponent to grab an easy bucket on the offensive rebound. This, naturally, is followed by an inbounds pass that is immediately kicked out of bounds for no reason other than being a moron. Rinse and repeat.
Be careful with your comments. The sunshine pumper's feelings will get hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Be careful with your comments. The sunshine pumper's feelings will get hurt.
I used to be one of them. Then I realized my happy-times-only comments on message boards wasn't going to magically make Frank Solich not suck at playcalling, or make [insert any of a handful of Nebraska basketball coaches] realize that rebounding is a skill that should be practiced regularly 😑

I wonder if these guys have fathered a bunch of kids. Sounds exactly like my kids elementary basketball team unfortunately.

I don't think you have to be either a sunshine pumper or a doomsday Nostradamus....a fan who hopes for the best could be a good balance...:)
There's a huge difference between a sunshine pumper and a person that tries to instill some logic and reality into an argument. So if I understand this correctly, if people don't like the logic then it's considered doomsday? Interesting interpretation of the matter at hand.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
We are having a very comparable season to a majority of solid teams this year. I bless you’re a 1-4 seed, this is. It an abnormal basketball season. We’re just not used to it and we expect to win every game or “we suck” .
I thought we were a lock for the tournament but getting blown out by Maryland caused me to think it’s kind of a long shot now. We need to go on a nice run to end the regular season. We aren’t out of it yet but it’s an uphill battle now.

Careful, you’ll be targeted as a hater for being realistic.
Yep, I posted my opinion in another thread and was told I couldn't be taken seriously. Followed that up with metrics looking at other conference teams and how huskers compared to them. Was told I was from peanut gallery and being negative. Replied again and asked questions. Those "experts" never replied.

We are having a very comparable season to a majority of solid teams this year. I bless you’re a 1-4 seed, this is. It an abnormal basketball season. We’re just not used to it and we expect to win every game or “we suck” .
I thought we were a lock for the tournament but getting blown out by Maryland caused me to think it’s kind of a long shot now. We need to go on a nice run to end the regular season. We aren’t out of it yet but it’s an uphill battle now.
Huh? Losing to a quad 2 team on the road doesn’t magically make it an uphill battle now.

Huh? Losing to a quad 2 team on the road doesn’t magically make it an uphill battle now.
It’s a “body of work” when being evaluated for the tournament. Nebraska at home is top notch but getting boat raced on the road doesn’t bode well. There are articles that discuss the importance of the road record because the tournament isn’t played on the home court. Fact.

It’s a “body of work” when being evaluated for the tournament. Nebraska at home is top notch but getting boat raced on the road doesn’t bode well. There are articles that discuss the importance of the road record because the tournament isn’t played on the home court. Fact.
Agreed, but saw a stat and it may have been on here that top 10 ranked teams are only winning 38% of road games this year. It may not help Huskers but does show winning on the road is tough in college basketball. And to add to your point Huskers getting blown looks bad also.

Agreed, but saw a stat and it may have been on here that top 10 ranked teams are only winning 38% of road games this year. It may not help Huskers but does show winning on the road is tough in college basketball. And to add to your point Huskers getting blown looks bad also.

We still have a clear path, but we need to get at least 1 road win. Our Jekyl and Hyde road to home disparity has me concerned. Not so much that we haven’t won on the road in conference, but how bad we get beat on the road.

We still have a clear path, but we need to get at least 1 road win. Our Jekyl and Hyde road to home disparity has me concerned. Not so much that we haven’t won on the road in conference, but how bad we get beat on the road.
I said at least two a while back but one of those went to Rutgers. That one and Minnesota stings.

Tournament isn’t played at the opponents court. Fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT