ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa cannot fill their pissdrunk stadium

Fact Check:

Coach Bluder got the idea from the Iowa wrestling team playing Okie St in Kinnick a few years ago, which was a huge success! That's the same place Nebraska got the idea to play a volley ball game in your stadium.
You play wrasslin now? Thought it was just called wrasslin? I assure you our wrasslin program killing AD didn’t get the idea from Iwegian peepee touching.

“The Iowa coach came up with the plan for her team to play an outdoor game at Kinnick Stadium…”
Apparently, copied the idea means “came up with” in Iowa.

55,000 was Iowa’s answer?

“The game was Iowa's answer to August's "Volleyball Day in Nebraska," an outdoor doubleheader featuring the national power Nebraska Cornhuskers and three other in-state college teams that drew 92,003 to Memorial Stadium in Lincoln for the highest documented attendance ever for a women's sporting event.”

Pretty lame freaking answer!
One of many reasons why I hate the idea of shrinking capacity. Numbers like these are an edge over the competition, regardless of sport. We can fill our stadium with 90,000 plus whenever we want to. Iowa can’t come close.

To be fair it doesn’t take a genius to come up with the idea of playing an inside sport in your massive outdoor facility. Just got to make sure the demand is there.
Which is kind of the whole thing - if it was guaranteed the Huskers would get 90k to watch volleyball or 55k to watch the hawks play basketball - it’s super easy. The alternative is you make a big deal out of it, advertise like crazy and you get a WNBA crowd after putting millions of $’s into prep and marketing and then risk being a laughing stock and losing a ton of money on a bad idea.

Fact Check:

Coach Bluder got the idea from the Iowa wrestling team playing Okie St in Kinnick a few years ago, which was a huge success! That's the same place Nebraska got the idea to play a volley ball game in your stadium.
Nah Iowa can't think on there own. When they do it's all Racist. Better keep mimicking others athletic departments.

Fact Check:

So it still wasn’t her idea

Actually both schools did a admirable thing to promote womens sports good for Iowa to donate to the childrens hospital!
and remember Iowa named their stadium after a Nebraska guy. And you Iowa posters I honestly didn’t know you had a wrestling match against okie light, it must not have been advertised very good

Which is kind of the whole thing - if it was guaranteed the Huskers would get 90k to watch volleyball or 55k to watch the hawks play basketball - it’s super easy. The alternative is you make a big deal out of it, advertise like crazy and you get a WNBA crowd after putting millions of $’s into prep and marketing and then risk being a laughing stock and losing a ton of money on a bad idea.
Volleyball should do it again next August before the south is torn down. Did the right thing with all nebraska teams year 1. Invite a Wisconsin, hell why not Wisconsin, Penn st, ucla. Pay Metallica for the after concert. It would be the all-time women's event for decades.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Volleyball should do it again next August before the south is torn down. Did the right thing with all nebraska teams year 1. Invite a Wisconsin, hell why not Wisconsin, Penn st, ucla. Pay Metallica for the after concert. It would be the all-time women's event for decades.
Thats a solid idea but I assume a big country star would make more musical sense

You Cant See Me Womens Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness
Kudos on the gif. That was a fun game. Better than any nba game from last year.

Kudos on the gif. That was a fun game. Better than any nba game from last year.
I didn't watch any of it, mainly because it's boring. After the fact, the drama surrounding the trash talk caught my attention. Howard handled it well during and after the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT