ADVERTISEMENT

What was Frost’s biggest accomplishment…

x35goahs

Walk On
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2005
I’ve been thinking about this question (what was the best thing frost did while he was the HC at Nebraska?). Once again it put things in perspective because I struggled to even come up with anything. This was what I came up with….
Moving Cam Jurgens from TE to center. That’s about it. Did I miss anything? What are some other accomplishments that could contend for his biggest most positive impact?

I’ve been thinking about this question (what was the best thing frost did while he was the HC at Nebraska?). Once again it put things in perspective because I struggled to even come up with anything. This was what I came up with….
Moving Cam Jurgens from TE to center. That’s about it. Did I miss anything? What are some other accomplishments that could contend for his biggest most positive impact?

Let it go.

I get why you'd be asking this esp. if you're looking for perspective, but I feel like an abused spouse who just found out her wife-beatin' ex has the chimp pox. Too exhausted to care.

Reactions: huntered
leaving

Reshape Ozigbo's body and get him over 1,000 yards his senior year.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Being a Ho, I reckon.

200.gif
hoe.gif

For him? Signing the meritless extension.

For us? Leaving the state.

Moral Victories against Ohio State in 2018 and 2021. There are no real moral victories, but those were the two best performances by Frost in his 5 years. Played two Buckeye teams that were far superior to his Nebraska teams to competitive games in the 4th quarter.

It's funny I asked on another board is there anything that at the time of SF firing that was better than when he started.

I could not come up with anything. Not one thing

$$$$

Reactions: dinglefritz
The extension was so bad. I'll always be mad at Moos for giving a guy who was 8-13 and 4-5 that season an extension. Make the guy earn it first. It wasn't like there was fear of Frost leaving somewhere else.
I don’t even blame Moos. That’s what happens went you hand the program over to alcoholics, and nobody bothers to babysit them

Reactions: TheHuskerFreak
Palmer and Grant

Banging a coed.on his office desk during halftime.

brought in mickey and bill, the qb, rb and montana kicker, and tcu rush end
Hardly any positives from the Frost era. But I agree with you that Frost can be credited for bringing the talents of these men here at least.

They are doing very well trying to win games given the circumstances. Whether they are here next year or not, I will remember them more than Frost.

Frost’s biggest accomplishment was making the NU job more desirable by helping us forget firing 9 win coaches.
He definitely made the job more desirable in that degree. Is Nebraska really going to fire a 9 win coach again after what we've seen? Solich and Pelini have been by far the best coaches in the last 25 years at Nebraska. Both very flawed and far from elite, but sorry I will take a 9 win team over a losing team. I would have rather been the Utah Jazz of the 90's than the LA Clippers. Saying neither won a championship doesn't tell the whole story.

He definitely made the job more desirable in that degree. Is Nebraska really going to fire a 9 win coach again after what we've seen? Solich and Pelini have been by far the best coaches in the last 25 years at Nebraska. Both very flawed and far from elite, but sorry I will take a 9 win team over a losing team. I would have rather been the Utah Jazz of the 90's than the LA Clippers. Saying neither won a championship doesn't tell the whole story.
No way. Neither Solich, nor Pelini, would ever win a championship. Maybe if the playoffs were expanded to 16, maybe, just maybe, Solich might luck one in the Top 16. He just couldn't win when he longer had TO's recruits. 9 wins a year is not good. Have we lowered the standard with all the losing? I'm patient. i think we've all be patient.

But being ok with what should be a down year. Osborne's worst years he won 9 games. That was playing with 1 fewer regular season games and more if we actually made the playoffs. 9 wins today is meh. 10-11... that is good. 12 is great if you can win out. 9 wins should be a stepping stone on the way to greatness, not the goal.

Reactions: Sinomatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT