ADVERTISEMENT

So this just happened......

Laner2

Head Coach
Dec 27, 2007
The Hurtling Moons of Barsoom
Was leaving Goldbergs at 132nd and Center today and was driving past the Joaann's Fabric store in the parking lot when a guy ran out of the store, in front of my Jeep in a full sprint. He was carrying a good sized box and ran up to a Mini Cooper parked right in front of the store. I realized what was going on and parked the Jeep behind him to block the Mini which had a car parked in front of it. Threw the Jeep in park, jumped out with my phone and took pics of the car and plate. Clear as shite pics. I'm yelling at the guys in the Mini "I got you, bitches! I got you!" The guy who was in the passenger seat turns around, glares at me and gives me the mono digital gesture. I returned it. The driver wedges the Mini back and forth until he can go forward and leaves.

Bunch of employees and customers are clogging the door the store after witnessing what happened. I gave a clerk the plate (Kansas) number, told her it was a Mini Cooper and as good a description of the dudes as I could and my name and number. If the cops contact me I'll provide the pics.

My wife was in the car and I caught holy hell. She reminded me about my age, how the guys could have been strapped and that she could have gotten hurt. I apologized but both of us knew I didn't mean it.

Thing is, I cannot just stand by and watch shit happen. I can't. I know it may not be smart and the price could be too high. Omaha is my home and I won't sit still while bitches think that no one will do anything. I'll fvcking fight that shit first.

Wife isn't speaking to me and has dimed me out to my kids. My daughters have called me up and read me the riot act. My son called me nuts. Whatever. Not gonna let this crap happen without doing something.

Was leaving Goldbergs at 132nd and Center today and was driving up the Joaann's Fabric store in the parking lot when a guy ran out of the store, in front of my Jeep in a full sprint. He was carrying a good sized box and ran up to a Mini Cooper parked right in front of the store. I realized what was going on and parked the Jeep behind him to block the Mini which had a car parked in front of it. Threw the Jeep in park, jumped out with my phone and took pics of the car and plate. Clear as shite pics. I'm yelling at the guys in the Mini "I got you, bitches! I got you!" The guy who was in the passenger seat turns around, glares at me and gives me the mono digital gesture. I returned it. The driver wedges the Mini back and forth until he can go forward and leaves.

Bunch of employees and customers are clogging the door the store after witnessing what happened. I gave a clerk the plate (Kansas) number, told her it was a Mini Cooper and as good a description of the dudes as I could and my name and number. If the cops contact me I'll provide the pics.

My wife was in the car and I caught holy hell. She reminded me about my age, how the guys could have been strapped and that she could have gotten hurt. I apologized but both of us knew I didn't mean it.

Thing is, I cannot just stand by and watch shit happen. I can't. I know it may not be smart and the price could be too high. Omaha is my home and I won't sit still while bitches think that no one will do anything. I'll fvcking fight that shit first.

Wife isn't speaking to me and has dimed me out to my kids. My daughters have called me up and read me the riot act. My son called me nuts. Whatever. Not gonna let this crap happen without doing something.
Good for you, our society needs more courageous men

Was leaving Goldbergs at 132nd and Center today and was driving past the Joaann's Fabric store in the parking lot when a guy ran out of the store, in front of my Jeep in a full sprint. He was carrying a good sized box and ran up to a Mini Cooper parked right in front of the store. I realized what was going on and parked the Jeep behind him to block the Mini which had a car parked in front of it. Threw the Jeep in park, jumped out with my phone and took pics of the car and plate. Clear as shite pics. I'm yelling at the guys in the Mini "I got you, bitches! I got you!" The guy who was in the passenger seat turns around, glares at me and gives me the mono digital gesture. I returned it. The driver wedges the Mini back and forth until he can go forward and leaves.

I'm not sure if what you did was smart, but I hope I have the same reaction should I be in that situation.

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

I like it. I probably would not have gotten out of the car. Instead, would have gotten my photos while in the car and prolly followed them for a while at a distance with 911 on the phone as I described the situation and where they were going. But, easy to 2nd guess when I wasn’t there in the moment.

I like it! I highly doubt they would pull out a gun on you and turn a misdemeanor charge (that'll probably be dropped) into a felony with legit jail time.

I'd have been more worried about them backing into your car to leave and then having to deal with insurance, etc.

If all he did was give you the bird, he's nothing to fear.

good for you. should have gun if you do it again. things can change in a hurry (have had experience with this sort of thing). lincoln100 had the best advice in what you described. all of us are responsible for taking care of our society.

Your family will come around, they’re just scared for you and for them. That’s got to be the most hurtful part of the situation for you, the way they reacted.

Im proud of you man. Good men cannot stand by in the face of evil.

About 20 years ago, I tried to stop a carjacking at the Toys “R” Us on Dodge Street. This dude threw an old lady down and hopped in her F150. I ran over and tried to pull him out of the vehicle by the driver side window, and then realized I might get dragged down the road so I stopped. He took off and then dumped the truck the next day. The police came, and I gave my statement with a follow up statement to a detective that came to my workplace the next day. I got called as a witness to the trial and helped lock him up. I wish I had done more in the moment. My biggest fear was that his family or friends would come to my house and look for some payback.

I salute you sir! Thank you for being a MAN!!!

good for you. should have gun if you do it again. things can change in a hurry (have had experience with this sort of thing). lincoln100 had the best advice in what you described. all of us are responsible for taking care of our society.
I dunno, I'd think in this situation a gun might be worse. For one thing, you could get in trouble if you pulled it out first without a valid reason, and depending upon the situation, you might have to pay a good lawyer a lot of money to explain that reason to a jury (the argument against you will be that these guys posed no threat as they were trying to leave). Second, if they pull a gun first, what are the odds you'll pull yours out in time to be effective??? Unless you were a cop or former military, I doubt you have the training/experience to get your gun out quickly. Which means it's really of no use to you because if they see you going for it, they will shoot first. Also, in the excited state of mind you were in, you might do something stupid like fire for no reason, etc. and get into some minor (or major) trouble.

Foam bear spray would be more effective in this situation. Fill their car up with that shit, lol.

I dunno, I'd think in this situation a gun might be worse. For one thing, you could get in trouble if you pulled it out first without a valid reason, and depending upon the situation, you might have to pay a good lawyer a lot of money to explain that reason to a jury (the argument against you will be that these guys posed no threat as they were trying to leave). Second, if they pull a gun first, what are the odds you'll pull yours out in time to be effective??? Unless you were a cop or former military, I doubt you have the training/experience to get your gun out quickly. Which means it's really of no use to you because if they see you going for it, they will shoot first. Also, in the excited state of mind you were in, you might do something stupid like fire for no reason, etc. and get into some minor (or major) trouble.

Foam bear spray would be more effective in this situation. Fill their car up with that shit, lol.
if you own a gun, learn how to use it and when to use it for protection. if you think bear spray will help you facing down a 9mm semi then you deserve the results. it's not that hard to not be a victim.

You did the right thing brother, and unfortunately, don’t expect a woman to understand. When the chips are down most people only think of themselves and their personal safety. You did the right thing that many people are too bitch made to do. Thanks

But more importantly are the burgers still good @ Goldbergs?

Years ago when K-Mart was open here an old guy was walking in the store just as a shoplifter was running out. The old guy heard the clerk yelling and he stood in the door, held up his hand like a traffic cop, and yelled "Stop in the name of the Lord!" And... he got his ass ran over and put in the hospital. That is a 100% true story. I agree there's a sliding scale and split-second decisions to be made, but I ain't getting involved unless something really serious is going on. I intervened a few years ago when I was driving home from work and I saw a young guy who had a girl pinned to the ground in the front yard of a vacant church. I dialed 911 and pulled up and told him to get his ass off of her. If he'd come after me it would've gotten ugly for one of us, but he ran off like a chickenshit and the police drove to his house and arrested him. There are times you gotta do something!

If I were in town I'd bring ya beer, brotha.

I'm with ya.

We as a nation have become too wealthy (family, money, possessions etc) and are afraid to act because we don't want to lose what we have. It tough.

I like it. I probably would not have gotten out of the car. Instead, would have gotten my photos while in the car and prolly followed them for a while at a distance with 911 on the phone as I described the situation and where they were going. But, easy to 2nd guess when I wasn’t there in the moment.
I chased a car with 2 guys who were shooting at crap near my farm and sent bullets whizzing over my head. I had pulled in front of them at one point and they backed up and took off. I had sheriff deputies and highway patrolmen racing up highway 81 with lights going trying to decipher the dispatcher’s instructions.

Long story short they made the mistake of heading in to town and the city cops took over. They eventually ran out of gas. They had thrown the gun out somewhere in town but the cops found meth and pot in the car. Somebody found the gun in their yard the next morning. One guy was out on parole and the other had previous drug convictions. They went away for a long time.

You the boss!!!! And for all the seamstresses in America out there, they salute you!!!

A couple of crochet needles in their tires or their eyes would have been sweet justice.

Send your story to Joanne Fabrics' HQ. Maybe they will send your wife a gift card.

Stay safe, my friend!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT