ADVERTISEMENT

What if we never left the Big 12

Yes....because if they weren't good at Nebraska, they're awful.
What are you talking about? Riley has been a loser his entire career. He might have the respect of his peers but that has never translated into anything that screams he will kill it at NU. He was a little long in the tooth to really ever give a serious effort at NU and there was a good chance he would have been fired/forced retired at Oregon State before our balloon head AD hired him. We were nothing more than a cherry on top for his retirement plans.

What are you talking about? Riley has been a loser his entire career. He might have the respect of his peers but that has never translated into anything that screams he will kill it at NU. He was a little long in the tooth to really ever give a serious effort at NU and there was a good chance he would have been fired/forced retired at Oregon State before our balloon head AD hired him. We were nothing more than a cherry on top for his retirement plans.
Again.....Oregon State- 9 bowls from 1939-2002. Under Riley- 8 bowls between 2003 and 2012.

Maybe he didn't have much time left there....but is his record at Oregon State or indicative of him, or the school's lack of dedication to football? I'd say it was more of the latter, considering they have an all-time .475 winning percentage...

Go ahead with your next insult.

Nah...the snowflake is the one that has to argue on emotion and name-call, instead of using reason.

Oh....BTW....the 1995 Nebraska team had 10 players from California. Mike Riley's last team had 8.
So, let me get this straight. You are comparing Riley's Calibraska recruits, where most are backups at programs like Oregon State and Colorado State against players like Lawrence Phillips, Michael Booker, Riley Washington and Sheldon Jackson? You think you can compare the Calibraska clowns to All-Americans and starters from arguably the best college football team in history just because they are all from California? Get serious,

Again.....Oregon State- 9 bowls from 1939-2002. Under Riley- 8 bowls between 2003 and 2012.

Maybe he didn't have much time left there....but is his record at Oregon State or indicative of him, or the school's lack of dedication to football? I'd say it was more of the latter, considering they have an all-time .475 winning percentage...

Go ahead with your next insult.
How many bowls did they play in 1939? You are almost too dumb to insult.

So, let me get this straight. You are comparing Riley's Calibraska recruits, where most are backups at programs like Oregon State and Colorado State against players like Lawrence Phillips, Michael Booker, Riley Washington and Sheldon Jackson? You think you can compare the Calibraska clowns to All-Americans and starters from arguably the best college football team in history just because they are all from California? Get serious,
Maybe specify what "Calibraska" actually means next time....

I'm guessing you meant having too many players from California....until you were called out on it, that is......then you saw the need to change your definition.

Just quit before you're embarrassed further.

Not sure why some people are struggling with this concept. Mike Riley was flat-out terrible at Nebraska. It makes no difference that he was considered “successful” at Oregon State. He was not successful at Nebraska.

No one needs any special insight to see that Riley’s plan - if he in fact had a plan - was failing miserably.

It’s too bad one poster is too delicate to face a hard truth.

Reactions: bshirt73
Not sure why some people are struggling with this concept. Mike Riley was flat-out terrible at Nebraska. It makes no difference that he was considered “successful” at Oregon State. He was not successful at Nebraska.

No one needs any special insight to see that Riley’s plan - if he in fact had a plan - was failing miserably.

The biggest thing with Riley was he came for a pay check that’s it!!!! He took a fragile team and ran it into to ground even worse. He never cared to be here I don’t even know if his wife actually moved here or just lived in the Cornhuskers on weekends.

You are old enough to have had an account on here for 14 years and you are making fake accounts to talk sh*t on this message board? LMFAO!! Your life must be absolutely pathetic, I can't even imagine how big of a loser you must be... I gotta believe someone like you has made some very, very bad choices in life if this how you spend your free time. Please post a pic of yourself!LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
It is not a fake account. I was born and raised in Nebraska so I follow the team..... but I am a Notre Dame fan.... I have posted over there for quite some time... don't know why my post count doesnt carry over to other sites.

I just come over here occasionally to check the temperature on a completely irrelevant team and get the vibe on what side I should take when betting on the Nebraska game...... it has been a great year betting against the Big Bad Buskers this year.

Good luck against your Rival Minnesota this week.

Read it again....I didn't say they played in 9 bowls in 1939.

You're almost too dumb to be insulting anyone.
You read it again. I realize I'm dealing with a moron so let me explain in greater detail:

Total number of bowl games:

1940: 5
1950: 8
1970: 11
1980: 15
1990: 19
2000: 25
2010: 35
2015: 41

He wasn't a better coach, there were just more bowls to attend. Riley is garbage.

You read it again. I realize I'm dealing with a moron so let me explain in greater detail:

Total number of bowl games:

1940: 5
1950: 8
1970: 11
1980: 15
1990: 19
2000: 25
2010: 35
2015: 41

He wasn't a better coach, there were just more bowls to attend. Riley is garbage.
Yes....more bowls...and easier to get to, especially in the last decade or so. College football was also drastically different. Duke and VMI were in the same conference.

His teams still had winning records in order to go to bowls, regardless of how many bowls there are. His average bowl team record was 8.4 wins and 4.6 losses....at Oregon State. I'd bet he's one on a very short list of coaches that have won there. Must have done something right.

And maybe you need to learn to type.

It's not like I'm saying he was Tom Osborne....just disputing the notion that a guy is "garbage" because he was a bad fit for Nebraska.

Last edited:
Reactions: zrob

Well I'm not the one launching insults because someone disagreed with me, so maybe it's the person that has to resort to name-calling that is the delicate one.

Again...I'm arguing based on facts and reason. Someone else is arguing based on emotion and Frost fan-boyism.

Reactions: MUJoey and zrob
Bo would still be gone. The guy couldn't control his temper. It was just a matter of time before he imploded.

The Riley hire was so important to try and keep the talent at a decent level and it was the worst hire imaginable. Zero Big Ten experience, never won at any stop, terrible culture fit. Riley set us back at least 5 years.

Couldn't be happier that we have Frost. It will take more time than we hoped but Frost will right the ship. Too many holes and depth issues to fix in a year or two.

I think Riley and Bo could have been more successful if we stayed in the Big 12 but I love the future in the Big 10 with Frost.

One thing we can agree on, the Big 10 refs hate us.

Bo would of been fine and still would be here if ole Perlman would of stayed out of the football program. He helped cause the downfall of the program when got invovled with Pederson and the firing of Solich. Perlman was the little kid groiwng up and was always picked last and promised himself he would show people how powerful he will be. Perlman's and Eichorst's hiring of Riley was the biggest joke in college football and just another mark ole Harvey left on the program and the University. He also was a joke.

We didn’t give Mike enough time to recruit his Cali guys in (major sarcasm).
Looks to me like allfrostyforever was using "Calibraska" to mean that there were too many players from California playing for Nebraska, and was shown how that logic was in error. He then changed his tune. Apparently the guys on the 1995 team were from a different California.

It is not a fake account. I was born and raised in Nebraska so I follow the team..... but I am a Notre Dame fan.... I have posted over there for quite some time... don't know why my post count doesnt carry over to other sites.

I just come over here occasionally to check the temperature on a completely irrelevant team and get the vibe on what side I should take when betting on the Nebraska game...... it has been a great year betting against the Big Bad Buskers this year.

Good luck against your Rival Minnesota this week.

I'm not saying it's a fake account. I'm just saying that you are old enough to have had a Rivals account for 15 years now and you troll on here like you are 16 or something. I'm not even trying to be mean but your life can't be too great... I'd bet anything you have a sh** job and none of your peers respect you. And at your age if this is all you have to do with your spare time then I'd say you almost certainly have some major issues. Zero chance you were ever an athlete or have won at anything in life with your career or in relationships. I'd also bet that you are a coward and running your mouth online is the ONLY place you would ever consider doing it.

It is bad enough when a high school kid is a troll but when it is someone your age it says a lot about you that this is what you do with your spare time. Have fun with that I guess man.

Last edited:
Reactions: allong69ks
Wow the B1G West is up for grabs. Only Wisconsin stands in the way and people here are pining for a return to be Texas' underling?

Looks to me like allfrostyforever was using "Calibraska" to mean that there were too many players from California playing for Nebraska, and was shown how that logic was in error. He then changed his tune. Apparently the guys on the 1995 team were from a different California.
I didn't change my tune. NV the Idiot was pointing at Riley's California recruits and compared them to the California recruits from the 1995 team. I can take a dump in a box in California, label it "5-Star Recruit" and that doesn't make it a good football player.

I didn't change my tune. NV the Idiot was pointing at Riley's California recruits and compared them to the California recruits from the 1995 team. I can take a dump in a box in California, label it "5-Star Recruit" and that doesn't make it a good football player.
I don't think he was doing that at all. Maybe you need to explain what "Calibraska" actually means, because it could be taken as meaning that Nebraska had too many guys from California under Riley. Looked to me like all NV did was point out that the 1995 team had more guys from Nebraska than Riley's last team did. He made no reference to either group being better or worse than the other.

Lastly, you do need to relax. You seem to take things very personally when someone has a different opinion. Did/do you even go to UNL?

Reactions: MUJoey and zrob
Wow the B1G West is up for grabs. Only Wisconsin stands in the way and people here are pining for a return to be Texas' underling?
I don't know....

Since they joined the Big 10, Nebraska holds a 5-3 lead over Minnesota, a 5-4 lead over Northwestern (most of which have been pretty close games), a 5-3 deficit to Iowa, and a 7-1 deficit to Wisconsin.

I don't know if I'd say that only Wisconsin stands in their way.

I don't think he was doing that at all. Maybe you need to explain what "Calibraska" actually means, because it could be taken as meaning that Nebraska had too many guys from California under Riley. Looked to me like all NV did was point out that the 1995 team had more guys from Nebraska than Riley's last team did. He made no reference to either group being better or worse than the other.

Lastly, you do need to relax. You seem to take things very personally when someone has a different opinion. Did/do you even go to UNL?

UNL? Who calls it that? A guy that went to UNO and thinks that school matters more than likely. As far as relaxing, I'm half way home. Your mom is on her way over.

I don't know....

Since they joined the Big 10, Nebraska holds a 5-3 lead over Minnesota, a 5-4 lead over Northwestern (most of which have been pretty close games), a 5-3 deficit to Iowa, and a 7-1 deficit to Wisconsin.

I don't know if I'd say that only Wisconsin stands in their way.

Come on man, I liked your posts until this one. I thought you would be reasonable on here but maybe you are just another here to antagonize fans of a team you don't even care about. You are right to an extent but I think really all he meant really was NU is still in the race. Wisconsin is the best team left by far and the rest of the games are certainly winnable. I'm not saying NU will win them all, that would be quite a feat for this team. But I don't think it would be too crazy for someone on here to think or say that the Huskers could win all the rest but 1 either.
I mean you know kind of what to expect on any team's message board, of course a lot of fans are optimistic. Hell, I'm optimistic they will finish 8-4 but I know that will be tough too. I don't think there's anyone on here is foolish enough to think Nebraska is going to run through what's left of the schedule, the way this season has gone even the fans here that thought NU would go 10-2 have drastically dropped expectations.

Come on man, I liked your posts until this one. I thought you would be reasonable on here but maybe you are just another here to antagonize fans of a team you don't even care about. You are right to an extent but I think really all he meant really was NU is still in the race. Wisconsin is the best team left by far and the rest of the games are certainly winnable. I'm not saying NU will win them all, that would be quite a feat for this team. But I don't think it would be too crazy for someone on here to think or say that the Huskers could win all the rest but 1 either.
I mean you know kind of what to expect on any team's message board, of course a lot of fans are optimistic. Hell, I'm optimistic they will finish 8-4 but I know that will be tough too. I don't think there's anyone on here is foolish enough to think Nebraska is going to run through what's left of the schedule, the way this season has gone even the fans here that thought NU would go 10-2 have drastically dropped expectations.
Wasn't meant to antagonize.....

I'd agree that Wisconsin is the best of who they have left.

UNL? Who calls it that? A guy that went to UNO and thinks that school matters more than likely. As far as relaxing, I'm half way home. Your mom is on her way over.

Yes....UNK and UNO matter, as they are also universities, and have the same kinds of students attending as UNL does. If you want to call them trash, then I guess you can....but I feel pretty confident that you weren't a good enough athlete to do anything at either of those schools. I also noticed that you didn't answer as to whether or not you went there....which is kind of an answer in of itself.

Now...can you address the bigger point?

Actually, don't bother. The fact that you needed to insult someone based on where they might have gone to school, and get into mom insults, instead of actually refuting point, pretty much tells me that you can't.

Last edited:
Wasn't meant to antagonize.....

I'd agree that Wisconsin is the best of who they have left.

Ok cool, my bad. I know there are a lot of goofs on here that feel differently but I actually appreciate having posters on here that aren't die hard NU fans, even if they downright root against the huskers... As long as they aren't trolling. And the posts have seen from you have all been rational and pretty good takes. It's good to get dissenting opinions and discussion instead of the usual love fests/hate fests that are so prevalent on these boards (always seems to be extreme one way or another - "Frost is a god" or "Fire Frost he can't coach").
Anyway, glad to have you on here. Hopefully you won't let any of the hateful "greatest fans in CFB" we have on here run you off. Most of the folks on here are decent enough though.

Ok cool, my bad. I know there are a lot of goofs on here that feel differently but I actually appreciate having posters on here that aren't die hard NU fans, even if they downright root against the huskers... As long as they aren't trolling. And the posts have seen from you have all been rational and pretty good takes. It's good to get dissenting opinions and discussion instead of the usual love fests/hate fests that are so prevalent on these boards (always seems to be extreme one way or another - "Frost is a god" or "Fire Frost he can't coach").
Anyway, glad to have you on here. Hopefully you won't let any of the hateful "greatest fans in CFB" we have on here run you off. Most of the folks on here are decent enough though.
Again...appreciate the civility and realism.....

Should be an interesting game in Minneapolis tomorrow.

we would still be financially ahead as of today, and probably another 4-5 more years before we would actually break even.

performance wise, we would be doing a lot better I think, as our traditional recruiting pool in Texas would remain, as would our school rivals and opponent history.

I hope and pray we somehow make it back to our traditional conference.

moving to the B1G was a trap

Nailed it.

Time to come home, homies. Let’s get a deal done.

Reactions: zrob and NikkiSixx
I'm not saying it's a fake account. I'm just saying that you are old enough to have had a Rivals account for 15 years now and you troll on here like you are 16 or something. I'm not even trying to be mean but your life can't be too great... I'd bet anything you have a sh** job and none of your peers respect you. And at your age if this is all you have to do with your spare time then I'd say you almost certainly have some major issues. Zero chance you were ever an athlete or have won at anything in life with your career or in relationships. I'd also bet that you are a coward and running your mouth online is the ONLY place you would ever consider doing it.

It is bad enough when a high school kid is a troll but when it is someone your age it says a lot about you that this is what you do with your spare time. Have fun with that I guess man.
I mean if you really think that, I would be happy to compare where we are at in life lol. If you think so low of me without knowing me.... you are going to feel real bad about yourself when you get to know me and where I am at/came form. If there is a way to message on here or something, I would give you me real name.... information.

I guess I didnt realize you can decipher someones life status based on posts on a random teams free message board?

Looks like you have been on here for 14 years and only a few hundred posts.... dont know what that equates to with your post/time logic?

Or maybe you are just mad because Nebraska sucks and it is all you have in life? Trust me, I grew up in Nebraska I see the sadness on the faces of the dudes who pull in 50k/year and live for Saturdays only to watch Nebraska squeak by the AA teams they play and get absolutely dismantled by any decent team.

Face it, NU moved because it LOOKED like the sky was falling in terms of conferences blowing up...but it didn't really happen all that much. NU jumped the gun a bit but did land in a great conference with tons of money...but the Big 12 was just more fun for most of us fans.
Yeah because we could beat Big12 teams. We either need to get tougher to consistently beat B1G schools or we need to go back to the Big12 & play finesse ball.

Here is my attempt to turn this thread into a nostalgia trip meme:

Picture it... it’s a Thursday night in the fall of 2010. Crisp fall breeze. You are drinking an ice cold bush light. Taylor Martinez rips through the kstate defense for his third rushing touchdown and shakes his finger at the crowd. He’s a heisman candidate and Nebraska is poised to win the big 12. Bo knows defense. Hard nosed football. We are all bolievers on this night.

Here is my attempt to turn this thread into a nostalgia trip meme:

Picture it... it’s a Thursday night in the fall of 2010. Crisp fall breeze. You are drinking an ice cold bush light. Taylor Martinez rips through the kstate defense for his third rushing touchdown and shakes his finger at the crowd. He’s a heisman candidate and Nebraska is poised to win the big 12. Bo knows defense. Hard nosed football. We are all bolievers on this night.

Yes we were sir. Yes we were........

Nebraska was far from a juggernaut when Riley was hired. It was a fragile program that needed a new coach. Riley took a challenging situation and made it worse.

I’m not absolving Frost of anything, but he inherited a complete mess. He said so himself - calling the culture under “Riley” terrible. NU was in far worse shape when Frost took the job than it was when Riley took it.
No offense...I get what you're saying, but I tend to be suspicious of people when they bash their predecessor in public.
Bingo!

The only difference I see is that Ohio st and Michigan aren’t threatening to leave and kept the traditional rivals. To bad the first big 12 commissioner didn’t have the nuts to make ou a crossover game with us. Hell every other team in the big 12 got to keep their rivals, but nu. The big 10 is more stable but like Tom shatel wrote its like watching a bad tennis match where they just keep returning lobbing the serve waiting for the other one to make a mistake. For stability the big 10 hands down, for travel and more entertaining games the big 12 by a mile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT