ADVERTISEMENT

What if we never left the Big 12

big 12 is as stable as ever with 10 teams
isu benefitted big time
now we have a chance to become pride of the north, with the vampire gone, if only our recruiting can notch up
even though the big 10 is funner to watch imo than the big 12, but being from iowa it might be more nostalgia
but big 12 is very stable now
it really needed to go down to 10 teams to stabilize
and with the espn+ partnership we dont have to play the should we have a channel game
big12 will be fine now
big10 is a really good conference though just not sure if nebraska can ever break out of the shadow of the big boys
mainly because they are not near any recruiting hot beds and scott frost is a mediocre coach
but ur fanbase is top notch

You are the worst writer I’ve ever had the misfortune of reading, on any message board. Ever.

That’s quite an achievement.

Well done.

I mean if you really think that, I would be happy to compare where we are at in life lol. If you think so low of me without knowing me.... you are going to feel real bad about yourself when you get to know me and where I am at/came form. If there is a way to message on here or something, I would give you me real name.... information.

I guess I didnt realize you can decipher someones life status based on posts on a random teams free message board?

Looks like you have been on here for 14 years and only a few hundred posts.... dont know what that equates to with your post/time logic?

Or maybe you are just mad because Nebraska sucks and it is all you have in life? Trust me, I grew up in Nebraska I see the sadness on the faces of the dudes who pull in 50k/year and live for Saturdays only to watch Nebraska squeak by the AA teams they play and get absolutely dismantled by any decent team.

LMFAO! Sounds like I hit pretty close to home with those comments. Gotcha loser:):):):):)

Reactions: MUJoey
"And you were calling others snowflakes?"

Yes, I was.

70 year old former marine here( tour and a half across the pond). My point is to acknowledge there are millienals fighting overseas like my generation. Nebraska has thousands of them working on farms 60 to 80 hours a week. They don't deserve to be included as slackers etc. Ps wife is from a farm in God's country.

"Hope you enjoyed your visit to the board, Mrs. Riley."

Ah...another over emotional millennial fan that can't use any sort of adult reasoning.

Outsider's view: NU made the right decision. The Big 12 was falling apart at the seams, and was nothing but ADs/Presidents saying one thing in a conference room, and then something else to the press. Like the moron President at OU who, right after the conference members all gave assurance that they were sticking around, went right to the press with the "OU will not be a wallflower" comment. Or that arrogant jackass DeLoss Dodds stating "Texas didn't start this, but we'll finish it." Some other things to consider:

• Dan Beebe was allowing Texas, and to some degree OU to run the conference
  • The other 10 schools would never band together and outvote UT/OU on anything that would benefit the conference as a whole. Baylor & Texas Tech were especially cowardly, and bowed to whatever their masters in Austin told them to.
  • Big 12 could never get a network off the ground.
  • Big 12 tv deal sucked. (still does, there are conference games on an ESPN streaming platform, and not on regular tv. Pathetic!)
  • TV money was distributed by appearances...which were determined by the networks. Non-blue blood schools never stood a chance.
  • Bowl tie ins were very weak, and the selection process was terrible.
Now, NU is in a conference with an excellent conference network and all games are televised. All teams in the conference row in the same direction. Decisions at the conference level are made with the greater conference in mind, not to just the benefit of two power teams. The Big 12 continues to flop and flounder around like a bunch of idiots. At the end of the day, Texas and OU still run the show, they still don't have a conference network and Texas still has it's own tv network and shares NONE of the revenue.

Regardless of on-field success, CU, NU, MU & aTm are all in better, more stable places today.

Outsider's view: NU made the right decision. The Big 12 was falling apart at the seams, and was nothing but ADs/Presidents saying one thing in a conference room, and then something else to the press. Like the moron President at OU who, right after the conference members all gave assurance that they were sticking around, went right to the press with the "OU will not be a wallflower" comment. Or that arrogant jackass DeLoss Dodds stating "Texas didn't start this, but we'll finish it." Some other things to consider:

• The other 10 schools would never band together and outvote UT/OU on anything that would benefit the conference as a whole. Baylor & Texas Tech were especially cowardly, and bowed to whatever their masters in Austin told them to.
  • Big 12 tv deal sucked. (still does, there are conference games on an ESPN streaming platform, and not on regular tv. Pathetic!)
  • TV money was distributed by appearances...which were determined by the networks. Non-blue blood schools never stood a chance.
Now, NU is in a conference with an excellent conference network and all games are televised. All teams in the conference row in the same direction. Decisions at the conference level are made with the greater conference in mind, not to just the benefit of two power teams. The Big 12 continues to flop and flounder around like a bunch of idiots. At the end of the day, Texas and OU still run the show, they still don't have a conference network and Texas still has it's own tv network and shares NONE of the revenue.

Regardless of on-field success, CU, NU, MU & aTm are all in better, more stable places today.

^ This guy gets it.

Reactions: tigers68

Fake news.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...wn-network-with-football-title-games-on-espn/

PFFFFT. That's garbage and in NO WAY compares to the Big 10 Network, $EC Network, ACC Network, etc. It's a bush league subsitution, by a bush league conference. If you are forcing your fans to pay extra to have to STREAM CONFERENCE GAMES, it's garbage. The reason the Big 12 has to do this, is because they have neither the content, nor the population to support a conference network. But nice try, and it's the best that schools not named Texas can hope for. Congrats.

Reactions: bshirt73
This post should get bumped again.

I come in peace mind you.

Hope NU football gets back on track...but where it belongs in the XII. B1G is just a bad fit. All around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT