ADVERTISEMENT

What I noticed from pregame warm-ups

skersby94

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2018
* Quarterbacks took the field first -- lots of active movements. Did a variety of throws such as running to the target, rolling right, rolling left while throwing to different target points. The whole time, they were constantly moving and there was no standing around

* During the team segment of the active warm up, the players were fired up by Mick before the active warm up began. He took his helmet off and yelled @ the team to get them fired up. The players responded well and you could just sense the unity and buy in from this team.

* HCSF went around to nearly every player and shook their hand, patted them on the back, or tapped their helmet and got them going

* One of the biggest things I noticed had to deal with the uniforms. I don't know about anyone else on here, but it drove me nuts seeing players with red leggings, red socks and some players wearing white leggings and white socks etc. On Saturday, all the leggings were white and all the socks were white. The whole team looked very uniform and it was pretty neat to see instead of a variety of different combinations.

Just some small things I noticed..

* Quarterbacks took the field first -- lots of active movements. Did a variety of throws such as running to the target, rolling right, rolling left while throwing to different target points. The whole time, they were constantly moving and there was no standing around

* During the team segment of the active warm up, the players were fired up by Mick before the active warm up began. He took his helmet off and yelled @ the team to get them fired up. The players responded well and you could just sense the unity and buy in from this team.

* HCSF went around to nearly every player and shook their hand, patted them on the back, or tapped their helmet and got them going

* One of the biggest things I noticed had to deal with the uniforms. I don't know about anyone else on here, but it drove me nuts seeing players with red leggings, red socks and some players wearing white leggings and white socks etc. On Saturday, all the leggings were white and all the socks were white. The whole team looked very uniform and it was pretty neat to see instead of a variety of different combinations.

The most notable thing I noticed other than the Fox sideline reporterette was how ripped the team looked. The muscle definition in particular on our big guys was noticeable. No skinny arms with beer bellies like we've had for the past decade plus.

Last edited:
If you go back and replay the PC when Moos terminated FHCMR he was careful not to bag on the former staff and said they were good coaches. He did mention some things he noticed that he didn't like including uniforms not being uniform and I seem to recall him specifically mentioning socks. He said players wanted to be individuals and not a team. I agree. Champions are made up of the sum of little things.

I really liked when Crouch wore those red leggings. I though they were very cool looking when worn with our unies.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Can they wear space invaders socks? That would be kewl.
I fully support this.
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
OTOH - I hate how the lady that sits next to me at work eats chips every day at 4:00. The office has quieted down by this time and all I can hear is her grostesquely loud crunching.

Not really related to the socks that the Huskers wore, but it is annoying as eff.
Buy her a bag of dried apricots and maybe she will get hooked on them. A lot quieter to eat, and way less sodium and fat.

OTOH - I hate how the lady that sits next to me at work eats chips every day at 4:00. The office has quieted down by this time and all I can hear is her grostesquely loud crunching.

Not really related to the socks that the Huskers wore, but it is annoying as eff.

You can always leave an anonymous note..

"You are breaking Food Commandment #1..
'Thou shalt not open thy pie-hole whilst chomping chips, so as to create a loud crunching noise from thy cavernous mouth.'"

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
If you go back and replay the PC when Moos terminated FHCMR he was careful not to bag on the former staff and said they were good coaches. He did mention some things he noticed that he didn't like including uniforms not being uniform and I seem to recall him specifically mentioning socks. He said players wanted to be individuals and not a team. I agree. Champions are made up of the sum of little things.
Unis were minor compared to the physical appearance of the team. Rob Zatecha on the radio yesterday said that there were starters on the team who hadn't been in the weight room for 18 months when Riley was fired. That might explain some of the injuries.

Unis were minor compared to the physical appearance of the team. Rob Zatecha on the radio yesterday said that there were starters on the team who hadn't been in the weight room for 18 months when Riley was fired. That might explain some of the injuries.

Wow, 18months! If true, I think we improve dramatically this year. Hopefully, QB play is at least average, then we will do some damage to opponents this year.

Socks win championships

Reactions: RedSea
Also the other thing that stood out to me from his PC was the way the locker room looked. Lack of pride.

That is insane.

Which ones?

One thing I noticed and hope I am wrong about as it was an incredibly small sample size, but.. FG kicking could be an issue this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT