ADVERTISEMENT

What did you expect ..... A miracle

Colbvince

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2018
If mike Riley was still our coach and still would our ass kicked. It takes more then one year to turn things around. Chill out.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
I was merely expecting 6 wins in order to get the extra month of practice - maybe it will still happen, but it isn’t looking good.

I was told this summer that in ONLY expecting 6 wins I was severely underestimating this staff and what good coaching could achieve. In fact, the 6 wins expectation was merely a way for me to feel extra special when this staff outperformed 6 wins, which they surely would.

I was merely expecting 6 wins in order to get the extra month of practice - maybe it will still happen, but it isn’t looking good.

I was told this summer that in ONLY expecting 6 wins I was severely underestimating this staff and what good coaching could achieve. In fact, the 6 wins expectation was merely a way for me to feel extra special when this staff outperformed 6 wins, which they surely would.

Wish in one hand...

If mike Riley was still our coach and still would our ass kicked. It takes more then one year to turn things around. Chill out.

The majority of us on here are aware of this...

Getting beat my 2 or 3 TD’s is one thing but we need to quit getting boat raced... This team has a loser mentality that it has inherited the last 4 years or so...

Getting beat my 2 or 3 TD’s is one thing but we need to quit getting boat raced... This team has a loser mentality that it has inherited the last 4 years or so...

Exactly. I can move on from yesterday, but I want to see some progress. OL calls improving, Defense shutting down the run, WR's blocking and making catches, and in particular special teams doing something to at least break even in that part of the game.

4 years? Since 2002 this program has at least 20 losses of 28 points or more. That’s almost 2 full seasons. Since 1998 Nebraska has won about 14% of its road games against ranked teams. The loser mentality started long before Riley.

4 years? Since 2002 this program has at least 20 losses of 28 points or more. That’s almost 2 full seasons. Since 1998 Nebraska has won about 14% of its road games against ranked teams. The loser mentality started long before Riley.

I’m not going to debate when it all started but some of the other Coach’s teams ( Solich,Cally Pelini )also came from behind to win games at times...Riley teams found ways to lose games more then win them from coming behind the last 3 years...

I predicted 6-6. I figured we would be 2-2 by now. Since we didn't play Akron (I figured that was a win), I would say we should be 1-2. So we are only one game off from what I expected. Having said that, I don't see 5 wins left on the schedule.

Reactions: GoBigRed666
I believe frost will get it done if the masses allow it, way to many people want instant gratification win it all now. How long would have TO lasted in today's world he possibly would have been run out in 1977 because he couldn't be OU if we had the social media then as we do now!! All you naysayers thinking about that for a moment? Look I'm frustrated disappointed i thought just by hiring better coaches especially in the oline they'd improve, I do think there is enough talent to beat Colorado Troy play better against Michigan but it didn't happen it's a real head scratcher. But just like it's hard to get a alcoholic to stop drinking sometimes impossible it a mental thing you can make the lineman to block better play error free until they change there mindset

It was a major mistake talking championships and overstating expectations. Let’s face it we have been bad for a long time. It is gonna take several years to rise from years of mediocrity!

Reactions: mmunso7 and OzzyLvr

but he didn't help much to get it better, either, did he?

these are pretty much the same players playing who have not had much success, thus they don't know how to win because they were not held to the standards it takes to win, the only ones who look like they give a damn are Morgan,Gifford and berry, the other ones just go thru the motions, the culture is horrible and that needs to change, this is not a quick fix and we as fans need to show some damn patience, we have the right staff if all the arm chair coaches would just shut their pie holes up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT