ADVERTISEMENT

When was the first time you saw a Husker home game live?

I was 12 with no rooting interest. I was wearing an Iowa shirt even though I didn’t follow them at the time.
That was the game where the NU fans booed QB Frost I believe. You also saw the emergence of Dante Culpepper of UCF in that game.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I've written about this before. The Kansas State game on Nov 9, 1968. I was in the eighth grade. My family had just moved to Nebraska that summer. It was a cold, snowy day and my younger brother and I went back to the car early before the game ended. We were too cold. My parents and older sister who were sitting in separate seated protected from snow stayed to the very end. Huskers lost 12-0.

I think the reason why my brother and I were so quick to pull the trigger was we had been to the Army @ Air Force game the year before. That game was on Nov. 4. It had snowed a bunch the night before and temperatures were not that warm during the game. To make it worse we were going to dinner after the game in Denver at my mother's parents' house. So, my mother insisted we wear our "dress up" clothes to the game. I still remember that fight with my mom. Bad enough we had to freeze but to look like nerds too. Wearing penny loafers on ice and having the wind go through my dress pants was no fun. Insanity. We have great cold weather gear now. In 1967 not so much.

Syracuse at Nebraska 1983. Still have the program. 63-7 Rozier had a long td run. Gill is still my favorite Husker qb. What a team

1995 - NU vs OU, it was the last time NU and OU played in Big 8 conference and Schnellenberger was OU's head coach. Took my Florida buddy to the game and he's followed Nebraska ever since an still talks about that game.

I believe it was the 1976 okie st game I used my brother in-laws student ticket I sat in the north stadium it was cold and cloudy there was nobody around within 5 bleachers I could have moved down a lot closer but it was my first time and being a teenager I didn’t want to get into trouble so I stayed in my assigned seat till the end

My first game was in September of 1963. I was 9 years old. We played South Dakota State and beat them something like 56-7. I was sitting up by the corner flag pole in the balcony of the southwest stadium. I can still picture how small the players looked from almost the top row. I lived through great years and now terrible years. I'm hoping Coach Rhule is finally the answer after 20+ seasons. This is my first post in many years.

You serious?

You guys are treasures.

Please share some of your memories with us, especially the things you remember that maybe arent talked about as much.
Would have been 1955, I was just back from Army duty in Korea, Dad and I would go to the games. Stadium capacity 36,000 (?). So poorly attended we would always move to choice seats at the appropriate time. I can no longer remember the key players or coach, Does anyone remember the three amazing sophmores 1950? Bobby Reynolds was ours, also one Oklahoma and one Kansas. At age 90 there is more I can't remember than I can reremember.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
ADVERTISEMENT