ADVERTISEMENT

When was the first time you saw a Husker home game live?

It was on October 30, 1971. Our McCook Bison was in town to play Lincoln East that evening. Our coach, Milt Tenopir, talked the NW gate guys to let us in during the 3rd quarter. As soon as we entered, Jeff Kinney scored a touchdown and the crowd erupted. Little did we know we were watching the National Champions that year. I just remembered how all the players were super fast down on the field. We beat the Buffs that day, 31-7.
OU v. Nebraska. 1976. Temp only rose to single digits. Windy. Painfully cold. Hook and ladder to Elvis Peacock broke my heart. https://www.huskermax.com/game/1976-oklahoma-football/

1991(ish) with the We backs, jones and Brown.

Me and a buddy left Omaha on a Friday evening, picked up a bottle of something in a sack, came back on what I think was Monday...and this was before cell phones so our families were pretty worried. Not exactly sure what we did for 3 days, but it was an adventure.
Perhaps you got roofied, stole a cop car, and a tiger, married a stripper, got your manpurse mixed up with a mobster's and finally found your buddy on top of the hotel roof? Just think, had you told your story 20 years ago, you could have made millions selling it to Hollywood.

vs. UCLA in 1987. Troy Aikman was the Burins QB. Can't remember for sure but I think both teams were in the top 10 at the time. I was in the 7th grade and it one of the best experiences I had every had at that time in my life.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
1989 vs Oregon St with my crazy uncle! I was 9 years old. Couple of things stood out after the game. My uncle hits a guy on a bicycle, then I proceed to vomit popcorn everywhere! All I can remember!

First Husker hoops game? December 1970 versus Miami (Fla.) as part of Nebraska's annual holiday tournament. Colorado State and Oklahoma City U. were the other teams. Huskers beat the Canes and the Rams to claim the title.

Huskers went 18-8, 8-6 in the regular season. Played and lost to KU in the Big Eight holiday tournament in KC. That was one of those years that if the NCAA Tournament had 64 teams instead of 16 (yep, 16), the Huskers would likely have gotten a berth, and maybe even won a game or two.

We used to be decent at the sport, but with KU winning the conference every year, not too many other Big 8 teams got to play in the tournament.

Reactions: dpnavy
My uncle took my to a game vs. Kansas where John Riggens ran all over us. Two things I remember from that day; John Riggens and the tickets were $4.00

img

Walleye79, would like you and crutch riley to come forward when both of you went to your first Husker game..

I know you would have no problems coming forward ..CRiley is another story.

He has so much hatred toward the Husker program recently that he would actually piss on Osborne grave when he has passed..

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Walleye79, would like you and crutch riley to come forward when both of you went to your first Husker game..

I know you would have no problems coming forward ..CRiley is another story.

He has so much hatred toward the Husker program recently that he would actually piss on Osborne grave when he has passed..
2001 Oklahoma game

Went with my dad and sat up in the nose bleeds against the old chain fencing watching Nebraska dominate. Was a junior in college and came back from Iowa to drive to the game.

Remember it was a Rainy day and almost didn’t make it to the game as a front tire blew out on I-80. Had a tow truck driver see us and and pull over to help.

I've been watching the Huskers far longer than the first game I went to. FYI
Trust me I can understand that..
Was only 6 years old and remember when. My father had rabbit ears on top of our house and invited his work friends for the Oklahoma / Nebraska game the day after the JFK assassination. Five years later my father took me to my first game..

I’ll go with my first home game that was an absolute blast as I was of age and able to fully take part in pregame festivities. I was back in Nebraska on leave on Halloween 1992 and went to the Colorado game. It was glorious.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT