ADVERTISEMENT

What are the odds Vedral gets clearance to play ?

I'll be shocked if he is granted an exemption. On what grounds are they trying to argue the well-established transfer rules should be ignored in this case? He didn't have a family emergency or some other major event. I personally don't see how the NCAA is going to do anything but rubber stamp a big "DENIED" on the request.

The only way I can see is if there is a family situation, immediate family with a short life expectancy or something along those lines.

considering we cant even get our star setter in volleyball to be eligible I doubt a quarterback will have any chance of getting a waiver. Lets just say there is slim and none and slim just fell off ledge!

Almost zero. Unless he had a sick family member I dont think there is much ground to stand on in terms of him getting a release

I'd be shocked if he gets a waiver. It's weird to me that they've picked it back up now that TG left when they dropped it before.

Says to me that they were not expecting Gebbia to leave. They counted 3 chickens, now it's game week and only 2 of them hatched. Frost's comments about it suggested to me that he either didn't think Tristan would leave or maybe even that the staff flat-out didn't know he could enroll at another school as long as classes hadn't started.

They sure should have known after trying to get Watt enrolled.

You'll notice ol' Nick Saban named "Co #1" QBs this very same week. I bet he doesn't run a 2 QB system, but he sure as shit wasn't going to let one of them bolt for greener pastures.

If they knew full well that he could and might transfer, I respect them for not trapping him. However, my respect and $5 won't buy them a combo meal at McDonald's if they lose a QB or two to injury and they finish with 3 or 4 wins because of it.

What would be nice is if they would allow guys who transferred and are using their redshirt year sitting out to still be able to play in four games. Players who already redshirted and transfer cannot play in four games.

Reactions: jeans15
So I cant use this gif here?
tenor.gif

UYzegb

It was all just a complete dick move by UCF when he transferred. He could of been given a full release to be eligible immediately
He was given a full release by UCF. A full release doesnt mean that someone gets immediate eligibility when they transfer in football. It means that they can go on scholarship right away. They must petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility and there must be some extenuating circumstances in order for it to be granted. I have seen athletes made immediately eligible because a family member was sick and they wanted to transfer closer to home and in the case of Breon Dixon and Shea Patterson, they were given immediate eligibility because of the Ole Miss sanctions and the fact that Ole Miss lied about them during the recruiting process.

Reactions: TheBeav815
We should just put him in another player jersey if we need him. He is now Matt Masker on the sideline.

Reactions: jeans15
I'd be shocked if he gets a waiver. It's weird to me that they've picked it back up now that TG left when they dropped it before.

Says to me that they were not expecting Gebbia to leave. They counted 3 chickens, now it's game week and only 2 of them hatched. Frost's comments about it suggested to me that he either didn't think Tristan would leave or maybe even that the staff flat-out didn't know he could enroll at another school as long as classes hadn't started.

You'll notice ol' Nick Saban named "Co #1" QBs this very same week. I bet he doesn't run a 2 QB system, but he sure as shit wasn't going to let one of them bolt for greener pastures.

If they knew full well that he could and might transfer, I respect them for not trapping him. However, my respect and $5 won't buy them a combo meal at McDonald's if they lose a QB or two to injury and they finish with 3 or 4 wins because of it.

Frost did right by Gebbia. We're the one's being selfish. I don't like it either, cause I'm selfish to, I admit it, but it was the right move if TG wasn't going to see the field short of an injury.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Frost did right by Gebbia. We're the one's being selfish. I don't like it either, cause I'm selfish to, I admit it, but it was the right move if TG wasn't going to see the field short of an injury.
I will forever wonder if he made a conscious choice to do right by Gebbia or if he thought it was already too late for him to transfer since NU's classes had started.

I will forever wonder if he made a conscious choice to do right by Gebbia or if he thought it was already too late for him to transfer since NU's classes had started.

Well even if it did happen that way, it was still the right move by Gebbia, and these are the kinds of growing pains you get when you hire a young coach, if you're correct. It wouldn't be reasonable to expect Frost to know everything yet.

JC there is no conspiracy about it. He let the qb competition play out and picked a starter a week before our first game so they can begin game preparation with the starters. I don't think any strategy went into the timing of naming a starting qb beyond that.

Here is a list of exceptions that allows a transfer to play right away.
There’s a bunch of exceptions.
  • Football players who go from an FBS team to an FCS team (or from FCS to FCS teams that don’t offer scholarships) don’t have to sit a season, as long as they have two years of eligibility left. Same for anyone transferring to the non-scholarship Division III.
  • Players who haven’t participated in an NCAA sport over the last two years can transfer and play immediately. There are also exceptions for exchange students. Neither comes up often.
  • If a team gets caught breaking NCAA rules and banned from the postseason for all the remaining years of a player’s career, that player can transfer and play right away. Ole Miss’ football team was bowl-banned for 2018, so rising seniors had free transfers out. This includes players on teams who have been punished for players getting paid, as long as the player who’s transferring can show he or she didn’t break rules deliberately.
  • If a player had their career interrupted due to military service, they could transfer without having to sit. So can players who transfer for demonstrable health reasons. And so can players who transfer because their schools discontinued their teams or their academic programs. Those are rarities at big-time football and basketball schools.
  • The NCAA also just grants waivers when it feels like it. One Ole Miss player who wasn’t a rising senior, quarterback Shea Patterson, got a waiver to Michigan despite not meeting any of the criteria. The NCAA likes good PR.
Players might also get immediate eligibility if all these things are true:

How could you expect Gebbia to leave Frost and staff to go to OSU, when Gebbia was one snap away from starting. Gebbia's destination says a lot about his mindset. I guess we all knew his focus was on getting great NFL qb coaching...considering his former coach is barely an assistant and langsdorf is with Oregon as an analyst...I don't see the point. I guess he just wants to play.

I allways hear the word family when people from NU recruit
We lost our #2 qb which is an emergency

= family emergency
I would expect a 100% chance

Players in the past have been granted instant play when they transfer due to their coach taking a different job. So Vedral's coach at UCF left for another job, and that job just happen to be to the University in the state that Vedral is from and returning to

I allways hear the word family when people from NU recruit
We lost our #2 qb which is an emergency

= family emergency
I would expect a 100% chance
I think there's a higher chance than people have been saying. A lot of times if you just keep bothering and asking people, you will get what you want.

Reactions: redwine65
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT