ADVERTISEMENT

We should explore what would upset the BIG 10 most...joining the SEC

HVHusker

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2006
If we left for the Big 12, the Big 10 could care less, but if we left for the SEC that would really make them want to puke. The SEC TV package would command more dollars and the BIG 10 TV package would shrink.

Reactions: husker2612
Also, right now we are recruiting Georgia, Florida, and Alabama a lot heavier then we are Texas.

Reactions: nwualum
We would get absolutely destroyed in the SEC, that's the worst idea I've heard all day and I've heard some really terrible ones.
Missouri and A&M have performed better than I thought they would. As a previous poster said we've recruited Florida and Georgia pretty well. We have the right coach. We're not gonna suck forever. Lol. the Big 10 will just get hammered if those three conferences play the majority of this fall.

What a pathetic defeatist you are.
Sure. Let's spend some more time discussing a thing that will never happen, the notion of leaving a conference where NU is already struggling to compete and a distant 4th in recruiting for an even harder conference that recruits even better.

The B1G.... if pushed....would tell us not to let the door hit us where the good lord split us on our way out the door.

Reactions: jockos
Lol. Goes from minimal chance of winning the Big 10 to zero chance of winning the SEC. Nebraska is irreverent to fans in the South East.
Not sure how we would be "irreverent". Is there something we are not properly respecting or worshipping? I believe the word you were looking for is "irrelevant". Your comments would look better if you actually used the right words.

If we left for the Big 12, the Big 10 could care less, but if we left for the SEC that would really make them want to puke. The SEC TV package would command more dollars and the BIG 10 TV package would shrink.
The fireworks from that move would entertain us for a long time.

Why not get OU to join the SEC with you?

Bullshit!! They are still a big name in the South.

No, not at all. Neb has been down for so long the glory days of the 90’s and before are distant memories. Kind of like folklore. 20 years is a long time to overcome. There was more news about Neb in the south east when playing in the B12. Once that changed and the down years started interest vanished.

Reactions: TheBeav815
No, not at all. Neb has been down for so long the glory days of the 90’s and before are distant memories. Kind of like folklore. 20 years is a long time to overcome. There was more news about Neb in the south east when playing in the B12. Once that changed and the down years started interest vanished.
Wrong. Before Covid I travel all the time and anytime I have any Husker gear on I always have someone coming up to talk Husker Football in the cities or in the airport. You do realize NU has dominated most SEC teams??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT