ADVERTISEMENT

WAYTA - GBR

HuskerHusaria

Recruiting Coordinator
Jun 4, 2017
Elkhorn, NE
What Are You Thinking About?

What is on your mind that doesn't fit on a thread or doesn't deserve a new one, but you wanna throw out your 2¢?

Please throw out some thoughts. We grow, when we learn forward.

All thoughts welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: HominidHusker
When AI takes over play calling, will Husker fans still complain we didn't run the ball enough and want the OC fired?

Well, the nature of sports fandom is such that fans often have strong opinions and feelings about their teams' strategies and decisions. Even if an AI was making play calls, fans would likely still express their frustrations and joys based on the outcomes of the games. So, if history is any guide, Husker fans (and fans of many other teams) will probably still find reasons to critique play-calling, even if it's done by a machine! Humans have a deeply emotional connection to sports, and that's unlikely to change regardless of who—or what—is making the decisions.

• Haha
Reactions: Laner2
So, at sea level, the atmosphere exerts about 15 psi on every square inch of our bodies, and our bodies have evolved to having about 15 psi on every square inch of them.

When we go into space, clearly there is less atmospheric pressure on on our bodies. Astronauts report increased flatulence because THERE IS LESS ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE keep the gas inside our bodies, so gas seeks its natural outlet.

Consequentially, astronauts are issued and wear activated charcoal underwear (true story).

My question: at the end of the mission, do they replenish the activated charcoal underwear or issue new shite? Please provide citations for your opinions...... or go the to I_wa board.

Our wives often pick up the slack at home. They are the true heroes. Are you wanting to take away from that?
Hmm GIFs | Tenor

Reactions: buckknowsall
So, at sea level, the atmosphere exerts about 15 psi on every square inch of our bodies, and our bodies have evolved to having about 15 psi on every square inch of them.

When we go into space, clearly there is less atmospheric pressure on on our bodies. Astronauts report increased flatulence because THERE IS LESS ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE keep the gas inside our bodies, so gas seeks its natural outlet.

Consequentially, astronauts are issued and wear activated charcoal underwear (true story).

My question: at the end of the mission, do they replenish the activated charcoal underwear or issue new shite? Please provide citations for your opinions...... or go the to I_wa board.
Interesting question! The human body has indeed evolved to exist within Earth's atmospheric pressure, and changes to that environment, like those experienced in space, can have various effects.

Astronauts do experience changes in their bodily functions due to the microgravity environment of space. One of these changes is the way gases behave inside the body. The phenomenon you're describing, increased flatulence in space, is because gas in the digestive system doesn't rise to the top and get expelled as a burp, but instead moves through the digestive system and gets expelled as flatulence.

Regarding the activated charcoal underwear, its primary purpose isn't actually for flatulence. The key role of activated charcoal in astronaut underwear is to deal with odor. This becomes particularly important because astronauts wear their undergarments for extended periods of time due to the constraints of carrying additional weight and supplies on a spacecraft. The activated charcoal helps absorb the odors, providing a more comfortable environment inside the spacecraft.

To your question about replenishing vs. issuing new ones: While astronauts wear spacesuits when working outside the International Space Station (ISS), they wear ordinary clothes most of the time. Once these are too dirty to be worn, they are then either returned to Earth as rubbish or ejected along with other waste in a capsule to burn up in the atmosphere. Proctor and Gamble are working on a detergent that allows Astronauts to wash their unmentionables. As of now the undies are not reused.

Reference:
New Scientist. (2020). NASA can't decide whether astronauts should wash their underwear. Retrieved from https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ether-astronauts-should-wash-their-underwear/

Reactions: arf_man
I just got back from a vacation and I'm in amazement at how adaptable my little pet parrot is to wherever he happens to find himself.

He had a grand time interacting with other birds and a different house at the birdsitters, and he obviously loved returning home to us and his usual routines once again.

Selfishly I tend to think he couldn't get along without me, but the truth is he would get along just fine no matter the changes life brings to him.

Well, the nature of sports fandom is such that fans often have strong opinions and feelings about their teams' strategies and decisions. Even if an AI was making play calls, fans would likely still express their frustrations and joys based on the outcomes of the games. So, if history is any guide, Husker fans (and fans of many other teams) will probably still find reasons to critique play-calling, even if it's done by a machine! Humans have a deeply emotional connection to sports, and that's unlikely to change regardless of who—or what—is making the decisions.
So, in other words, fan emotions overrule the reality of thr moment. Who would have thought it?

Which made me think about all of this Michigan scandal. Couldn't enough film be fed to AI of every team to figure out patterns and tendencies and AI itself steal the signs?

In the Time Machine movie the Eloi men wore white shirts and kilts. The Eloi women wore dresses that showed cleavage. The dresses were pink, light yellow or light blue. (Weena wore a pink dress). I have often wondered what went into issuing different Eloi women the different colors.

Reactions: Laner2
In the Time Machine movie the Eloi men wore white shirts and kilts. The Eloi women wore dresses that showed cleavage. The dresses were pink, light yellow or light blue. (Weena wore a pink dress). I have often wondered what went into issuing different Eloi women the different colors.
The colors labeled them as nurse, cleaning lady, chef & whore - you know, the standard female roles.

This one was for you @Mrs HuskerHusaria

What are you thinking about?

What is on your mind that doesn't fit on a thread or doesn't deserve a new one, but you wanna throw out your 2¢?

Please throw out some thoughts. We grow, when we learn forward.

All thoughts welcome.
I would share but they don’t allow pictures of beautiful naked women in this site…..

• Wow
Reactions: HuskerHusaria
Which made me think about all of this Michigan scandal. Couldn't enough film be fed to AI of every team to figure out patterns and tendencies and AI itself steal the signs?
The idea of using AI to analyze game film for patterns and tendencies is theoretically plausible and has already been explored in various sports to some extent. The capability of AI to recognize patterns, especially with neural networks and deep learning techniques, can indeed be applied to analyze vast amounts of game film efficiently.

I hope we don’t fumble at all this week.

I would like to see Nebraska throw 4 TD passes like some good offenses are known to do from time to time. At least make me think there’s more on the horizon.
I don’t want to settle for mediocrity or grinding out dirty wins against sh*t teams. I wanna blow a f-ing team out.

I can’t believe we lost these last 3 Colorado games. F-ing embarrassing as f*ck.

The rest is for a therapist, a priest, an open ear at a bar, or good ole fashioned “dear diary.”
I have not really utilized the first three, so the diary is gonna get all the good stuff now.

Which Time Machine movie? Which is the best version?

I hope we don’t fumble at all this week.

I would like to see Nebraska throw 4 TD passes like some good offenses are known to do from time to time. At least make me think there’s more on the horizon.
I don’t want to settle for mediocrity or grinding out dirty wins against sh*t teams. I wanna blow a f-ing team out.

I can’t believe we lost these last 3 Colorado games. F-ing embarrassing as f*ck.

The rest is for a therapist, a priest, an open ear at a bar, or good ole fashioned “dear diary.”
I have not really utilized the first three, so the diary is gonna get all the good stuff now.
I think this week will be another grinder

grass up there will be long, will be cold and grey, wind will be blowing and there will be maybe 15,000 folks in the stands

sleepwalk alert has been issued

alternatively I think we'll blow maryland out by 4+ scores. they suck and are soft

Reactions: HominidHusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT