ADVERTISEMENT

Trev isn’t building up to anything

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
The value to making an announcement sooner rather than later is that it provides hope. There has been no hope or good news this season.

Trev doesn’t seem to realize that our fans are so beaten down and demoralized that there may not be much excitement about the new coach. Our fans were discouraged about the last 20 years, but this “season” we didn’t show up for was the last straw.

His silence in this lost season isn’t leadership.

The value to making an announcement sooner rather than later is that it provides hope. There has been no hope or good news this season.

Trev doesn’t seem to realize that our fans are so beaten down and demoralized that there may not be much excitement about the new coach. Our fans were discouraged about the last 20 years, but this “season” we didn’t show up for was the last straw.

Give this a break some of you, until we know who it is quit this nonsense.
I’m sure there is a reason why he can’t announce during the regular season and is waiting for the right time when the season is over..

He has probably been turned down multiple times. Trev is like Pinocchio. His nose is getting longer and longer.

Trev has one chance to save his career by hiring the right head coach. If he hires right, he'll be a hero. But if the next head coach has to be eventually fired with another huge buy out, then Trev will go right out the door with him.

I wouldn’t say I’ve lost hope but I haven’t been excited about Husker football in 10 years or more. The overall talent level here stinks. And I’m not talking about just star rankings. The personal character and work ethic is crap. I hope there is a big pool of money that hires staff to evaluate this.

Nebraska has never had all the 4 and 5 stars but the players are going to outwork you and be more physical than you. That was the Nebraska way. The teams the last 10 years are a handful of guys that work and 90% that just sit back and watch. The O-line got our best player Casey knocked out likely for the year. They just need to move on if football really isn’t their thing.

He told everyone the process and criteria clear as day. He isn’t going to announce someone that is still coaching until the end of the season.

Someone not coaching that is a candidate will also not be announced so MJ isn’t undermined and cause confusion.

Have patience. My opinion is TA already knows who the next HC is.

He told everyone the process and criteria clear as day. He isn’t going to announce someone that is still coaching until the end of the season.

Someone not coaching that is a candidate will also not be announced so MJ isn’t undermined and cause confusion.

So much this. He clearly laid out the process. Some fans just can not comprehend what he actually said. What he said is exactly how it is playing out. No announcement will be made until after the season. Out of respect for MJ and as well the possibly of a school that could be losing a coach outside of a Rhule hire.

Self loathing fans. Geezus

Trev has been missing in action in regards to football ever since Mickey Joseph won his first game and he swept in to dramatically present him the game ball. The season has since gone off a cliff, and he promotes volleyball, the success of which he had nothing to do with.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Trev has been missing in action in regards to football ever since Mickey Joseph won his first game and he swept in to dramatically present him the game ball. The season has since gone off a cliff, and he promotes volleyball, the success of which he had nothing to do with.
Damn you TA for promoting a championship program of which is in the athletic department you direct. Damn you

So much this. He clearly laid out the process. Some fans just can not comprehend what he actually said. What he said is exactly how it is playing out. No announcement will be made until after the season. Out of respect for MJ and as well the possibly of a school that could be losing a coach outside of a Rhule hire.

We live in an immediate gratification world. People have to have the answer NOW! It causes many severe pain even if they have to wait just a minute.

Can't fix this mid-season. Will take years. But it can be fixed if you are patient.
5 years without even a bowl game. I think instead of patience like we have been doing let’s practice urgency and either right the ship or get fired.

Good.

THIS!!!

Trev is not being paid to please the fans, he is being paid to do what's best for the University. He can't announce a coach now because most likely that coach is working for another school and he has to wait until he finishes the season at the place he is coaching currently before making an announcement.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Trev is not being paid to please the fans, he is being paid to do what's best for the University. He can't announce a coach now because most likely that coach is working for another school and he has to wait until he finishes the season at the place he is coaching currently before making an announcement.
Bullshit he could announce that he has his Man and announcement will be after the Iowa debacle.

Trev is not being paid to please the fans, he is being paid to do what's best for the University.
Those aren’t mutually exclusive.

They are losing their fan base (people are sick of this sh*t) and if they don’t care about that, they are incompetent.

They are losing their fan base (people are sick of this sh*t) and if they don’t care about that, they are incompetent.
The fans don't always want what's best for the University. The fans base their decisions their emotions at the time, which isn't the way to run an organization. Trev is a professional, he will do what is best and not base his decisions on knee jerk reactions from the fans.

Lots of angry drama queens after another loss.

The fans don't always want what's best for the University. The fans base their decisions their emotions at the time, which isn't the way to run an organization. Trev is a professional, he will do what is best and not base his decisions on knee jerk reactions from the fans.
What knee jerk reactions?

With all the past hire-fire cycles the administrators could count on our fan base, take it for granted. I don’t think they can anymore. I don’t think they realize that yet, but they will.

People need to get a grip. Nothing he could say short of naming someone is going to make people happy. It’s pretty clear that he can’t do that yet. IF it were Mickey I believe he would have done it by now so everybody should assume it’s somebody who is coaching another team.

The only thing this wait tells me is that it isn’t Mickey. Would be no logical reason to wait on an announcement

If it ends up being MJ then something went terribly wrong in the search
The only other possible explanation IF he wants to retain Mickey is that he’s giving him a chance to get a win or two more. Patience folks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trev's task isn't to please the fans or the boosters of substance with the name of his new hire. His task is to pick the guy with the best probability of winning. Period. The other pieces like the support of fans and boosters of substance will fall into place with a winning coach. They may grumble in the beginning but then they'll turn on a dime to being big supporters of the new guy if he proves to be a winner.

Can you imagine the enthusiasm if we got to a significant bowl game and beat a ranked team or two in the process?

Nailed it

Trev has one chance to save his career by hiring the right head coach. If he hires right, he'll be a hero. But if the next head coach has to be eventually fired with another huge buy out, then Trev will go right out the door with him.
that's the same for any AD at a P5 school though.....

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT